Did any one here try out for australian idol? if so what happened? (1 Viewer)

yeh i didnt try out, but my mate did and he has like a full on amazing voice, and *shock horror* he didnt get in.
i was just wondering if anyone did try out, or is any one trying out next year??

Juliet

HSC
a person i know also tryed out and she didn't get either...

chip

HSC
my mate got throught two sections on the first day but missed out on the top 100 and shes pretty good but i guess she will try next year

d1ngo

Enjoying a Moosey Fate...
HSC
if its on i'll prolly be there... if i get time off work or whatever i'm doin...

I was supposeed to do Liam Lynch's United States of Whatever if i made it past the audition... as a dare, but i dunno if i wud've... fuck it'd be funny to see tho... :)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by d1ngo
I tried out... only as a joke...

i didn't even get dicko and marcia and the other guy, just some f00l who said thanks at the end...

denied... :)
ohhh, that's interesting, what they don't tell you on tv!

gloria*

skin graft
HSC
N/A
i uh, don't think A-I is based purely on talent anyway; they want popsters who can scream songs out and are malleable enough to fit a number of popular styles.

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Originally posted by d1ngo
I tried out... only as a joke...

i didn't even get dicko and marcia and the other guy, just some f00l who said thanks at the end...

denied... :)

Did everyone have to go through a different judge first to screen out the non-serious ones, and then the ones they thought were ok went on to the 'real' judges? Or did some people go straight to the real judges?
I'm guessign the latter, cos some of the people on TV were pretty shocking. ;)

d1ngo

HSC
Originally posted by Butterfly_Wings
Did everyone have to go through a different judge first to screen out the non-serious ones, and then the ones they thought were ok went on to the 'real' judges? Or did some people go straight to the real judges?
I'm guessign the latter, cos some of the people on TV were pretty shocking. ;)
The guy that sang the song about the bird or whatever it was walked into the same room as me, with the same judge... most of the footage that i saw from the day had been cut with ADDED scenes of the judges...

i'm a bit stirred that i didn't even get shown... i sang "like A Stone" by Audioslave, whcich is an insane song to sing if you're not Chris Cornell, and i pretty much nailed it. All the dick said was thanks... And then the other guy that sang it (completely imitating Cornell) got through...

In the end though, i reckon it's more about looks and commandability. If they're gonna sell records, they have to look good and follow commands... I'm not saying i do or don't look good, but i do things my own way. :)

smegthehead

is chairman kaga
HSC
this girl from my year went to the try out, she got knocked back in the first bit, but knowing her she blamed it on the fact that she's like 1/18th egyiptian or some crap :D

gloria*

skin graft
HSC
N/A
COURTNEY WAS HOT SHE SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN IN!!!

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Originally posted by gloria*
COURTNEY WAS HOT SHE SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN IN!!!
Yeah, booooo! :(
How many times has he/she *just* missed out! Top 3 in the first round and didn't make it...then in the wildcard show, top 3 in the judges choice and wasn't picked...then final 3 again again for the audience choice, and wasn't picked. Whats the deal? :mad:

d1ngo

HSC
I'd say the fact is that the ppl watching are too confused by her... i know i was... the wierdest feeling is when you're checking out a chick, that u KNOW is a guy...

lol... i'm just kidding...

i reckon the only reason is that she's not marketable enough... her career in oxford street should boom now, cos she/he is a good performer... she's just not marketable in this sense...

gloria*

skin graft
HSC
N/A
yeah I agree -- she'd be fucking amazing with something a little more alternative, just not... conventional western popmusic.

but the hottness and the voice alone should have been enough. she did AMAZING moves in those stilettoes.

d1ngo

HSC
that i'll give her credit for... i'm a guy, and i reckon that anyone that can jump around on something so small is pretty good...

tho her ac/dc cover was a bit off cos the "you"'s sounded very... masculine... for want of a better word... :)

in all seriousness tho, she wasn't the australian idol... prolly had no chance of it... it's a national position, and having a "gender illusionist" representing the nation isn't what they were looking for...

Fuck it'd be funny tho... :)

DISCLAIMER: The above comment is made from a record label view... not my own personal opinion.

gloria*

skin graft
HSC
N/A
hahah it'd be great, particularly in light of Howard's views on gender and sexuality.

d1ngo

HSC
i almost wish i wasted my credit sms-ing her name in... :)

the shows only marketed to teenage chicks and gay guys now...

I dunno if i'll watch... i dun fit into either category... :)

Ah well.. good luck to them... i just know i won't buy a cd :)

Farnarcle

Heh, Australian Idol.

A guy at school was talking about a hot girl that was on there.

That's when we told him it was a guy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)