Did Nick D'Arcy bring the sport of swimming into disrepute? (1 Viewer)

Did Nick D'Arcy bring the sport of swimming into disrepute?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RogueAcademic

HSC
N/A
Considering that it is one of the major points considered when kicking him out of contention for the Olympics, how would you feel if D'Arcy had been allowed to compete, and what if he had gone on to win a gold medal?

I think the AOC made the right decision kicking him off, there would've been no justice or moral culpability in allowing him the opportunity to attempt to elevate himself to a position of sport's highest level of achievement.

And besides, he has a court hearing pending, which may end up seeing him convicted and imprisoned. You can't have an 'olympic hero' winning a medal and then coming home and sent to jail.

But doesn't that logic fly in the face of "innocent before proven guilty"?

Anyway..

One would hope he has some remorse and regret for his very stupid act when he king-hit Simon Cowley in the face at a bar, especially with the Aussie swimmers winning medals and breaking olympic/world records in Beijing as we speak.

If not, maybe a conviction and some jail time might just convince him to grow up.

Last edited:

shell.q

HSC
i am a swimmer here wen i say i swim i mean like competivly, like million times a week, okay over exageration a bit lol
but i do believe yeah it did put the sport of swimming into disrepute. but i also see is that hey footy players arent the only ones out there doing it wrong and barley any other ppl do get critisied when they have a brawl in a pub yet the footy players do, we all do it, media wont bak off the "famous"guys for doing it, we cant help tht but they can put their foot down and realise hey they arent the only ones doing it, u know there is bound to be famous surfers, hockey players, basketballers tht do the same. we know it n thts all tht matters

h made a mistake let it lay at rest i believe

Nasonex

HSC
N/A
The media screwed him up, and influenced the outcome of his verdict to go to the Olympics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)