Did you ever fall asleep while watching BR? (1 Viewer)

silentprayer

silently praying
HSC
I kept falling asleep while watching this movie for the first time because I didnt know what they were on about and the film noir nature of this movie just makes me more sleepy... hehe

so have u fallen asleep while watching bladerunner?

P

pLuvia

It was really boring, but I can't fall asleep in class so yeh. But it was kind of confusing and really boring

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
silentprayer said:
I kept falling asleep while watching this movie for the first time because I didnt know what they were on about and the film noir nature of this movie just makes me more sleepy... hehe

so have u fallen asleep while watching bladerunner?
on a hot day, after lunch, when the sun beats down in the classroom, it was very easy to fall alseep when watching Bladerunner.

kitty_purrswell

Butter your own muffin
HSC
I fell victim to the monotonous tones of Bladerunner. So much so that I even had drool on my arm.

Ah, good times.

(Oh, but you have to make sure your awake for the Unicorn part. Its horn wobbles :p )

silentprayer

silently praying
HSC
oh since you've mentioned the unicorn part.. what is significant about it? my teacher just said it symbolise purity in some cultures, so what does it have to do with deckard?

Lexie1001

HSC
i fell asleep watching it last thursday in class but i was really tired. me and about 5 others were sleeping but luckily the teacher thought we were just resting our heads on the desk.

l-mercedes-l

Has left the building :D
Thanks to everyone who went out of their way to he
HSC
silentprayer said:
oh since you've mentioned the unicorn part.. what is significant about it? my teacher just said it symbolise purity in some cultures, so what does it have to do with deckard?
I'll give you a hint.

Dreams, fantasy, imagination, inspiration. Why are these things, which are lacking in his world appearing in his dreams? What contrast is set up and why does the director want to show this softer, more "human" {a term i use at the risk of being meaningless, given the context of your study of BR} side of Deckard?

OH and i fell asleep plenty of times watching BR, considering i used to watch it weekly between 2-4am in the morning as per my ridiculous study timetable... hmmm its pretty scary in hindsight.

nwatts

HSC
Argh Blade Runner is a classic. It's a visual freaking masterpiece. How the hell can you fall asleep?

Unicorn is evidence he's a replicant btw.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
I didn't think BR was a boring movie I quite enjoyed it as a scifi movie...

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
nwatts said:
Argh Blade Runner is a classic. It's a visual freaking masterpiece. How the hell can you fall asleep?

Unicorn is evidence he's a replicant btw.
yesh. you need to watch the ending of Blade Runner: Director's Cut to get this chilling message.

*and so springs forth a multitude of "in the wild" essays riddled with unicorns and replicants*

silentprayer

silently praying
HSC
yeah its not boring once you know what it is happening hmm.. so i guess then the unicorn symbolises deckard's subconscious mind which shows that he is actually has human feelings..

anyway, are the humans supposed to have emotions in this film? or are they just lacking the sympathy and good side of human nature? thus the voigt-kampff test tests replicants whether they show sympathy or not when asked those questions that evokes emotional responses? So when their do not pupils dilate, it means they are lacking sympathy like humans or is it when their pupils do dilate it shows that they are replicants (since people found out that the replicants began to develope emotions)... im confused..

silentprayer

silently praying
HSC
also reguarding to whether deckard is a replicant or not... we are not suppose to say he is a replicant right? because what we are studying is the director's cut and according to my teacher, there are more evidence of deckard being a replicant in the original version

Last edited:

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
silentprayer said:
anyway, are the humans supposed to have emotions in this film? or are they just lacking the sympathy and good side of human nature? thus the voigt-kampff test tests replicants whether they show sympathy or not when asked those questions that evokes emotional responses? So when their do not pupils dilate, it means they are lacking sympathy like humans or is it when their pupils do dilate it shows that they are replicants (since people found out that the replicants began to develope emotions)... im confused..
my interpretation is that the 'humans' have very little emotions. yes, they lack sympathy and the good side of human nature. hence all this darkness, the acid rain, the overcrowdedness, etc...

ironically on the other hand it is the replicants that exhibit more human emotions. that's where scott's fearful message to us, the future, lie.

nwatts

HSC
silentprayer said:
also reguarding to whether deckard is a replicant or not... we are not suppose to say he is a replicant right? because what we are studying is the director's cut and according to my teacher, there are more evidence of deckard being a replicant in the original version
Pish. I watched the director's cut and figured it out. I've never even seen the original version. You've got things the wrong way around.

kcchippy

HSC
Hell yeah, I fell asleeep watching this movie like every time I tried to watch it... I really hated this module and tbh, honestly don't know how I managed to pass it, let alone manage to get an overall eng mark of 96. I think doing Shakespeare saved me!

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
kcchippy said:
Hell yeah, I fell asleeep watching this movie like every time I tried to watch it... I really hated this module and tbh, honestly don't know how I managed to pass it, let alone manage to get an overall eng mark of 96. I think doing Shakespeare saved me!
wow! 96! congradulations!

+carly001+

HSC
YES!!! i fell asleep 3 separate times. always at the same scene with the unicorn. the head teacher walked in once n i woke up with a start n evry1 saw mi "sleepy face"*shame*

Rinni

HSC
I didn't actually fall asleep which is surprising I think that might have been because I was lying under and airconditioner and it was freezing. But OMG I'm soooo confused about what happened in the end?!?!?!?! It didn't make sense to me :confused:

pookodooko

HSC
nearly fell asleep twice. The reason it doesn't really make sense is that it is film noir, that is one of the characteristics, you don't get the plot laid out for you. Try watching the big sleep and see if you can stay awake

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
Blame the schools.

I swear, if "The Matrix" was in the syllabus we'd be sleeping too. I can imagine it already: "Discuss how the philosophies of existentialism and realism are represented in "The Matrix" ".

Representation can kiss my ass. Fkn techniques...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)