Did you know.....Arab-Israel conflict (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
oh ok let me rephrase that...
The UN has never done anything much for non-europeans other than throwing money at problems. I'm refering more about how they do nothing to stop the warlords.

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
Techie said:
I am not an unconditional supporter of Israel, but I think the arguments you have advanced are fairly shaky and generally unjustified.

I am not saying that my opinions are "justified Facts" they are simply my "opinions" which i have the right to express...you can disregard the my complete arguement...and i really would not give a fuck.

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
raigaa said:
Relating anti-zionism with anti-semitism is what you call zionist propaganda, just as they say that einstien himself was a zionist, which ironically he was against all forms of patriotism etc, just goes to show how clever the zionist horde are to torment einstien's name
i know eh!
well, im sure einstein would be against the current state of israel because of the "patriostism" stuff u mentioned

but i dont give much credit to einstein as a diplomat anywayz. he was anti-war and all, and did what he could to voice opposition to both WWs, but he should have known better than to build an A-bomb. :(

well, thats what i think anyway

berghousemaa

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
oh ok let me rephrase that...
The UN has never done anything much for non-europeans other than throwing money at problems. I'm refering more about how they do nothing to stop the warlords.
I have a family friend who recently retired as a UN diplomat. He said that he received a salary in excess of Au$500 000 and that that was a fairly low salary.

He said the salary's were a joke and thta most money went to administration fees,.
He also said in no uncertain terms that programs like the WHO are all currently rife with corruption.

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
berghousemaa said:
I have a family friend who recently retired as a UN diplomat. He said that he received a salary in excess of Au$500 000 and that that was a fairly low salary.

He said the salary's were a joke and thta most money went to administration fees,.
He also said in no uncertain terms that programs like the WHO are all currently rife with corruption.
I dont find that hard to believe.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Of course they are :rolleyes: the UN can't admin for shit, they waste their money on pointless crap and they never want to intervene when they're actually needed.
How many people have died without the UN even making a peep?

Plebeian

zahid said:
I am not saying that my opinions are "justified Facts" they are simply my "opinions" which i have the right to express...you can disregard the my complete arguement...and i really would not give a fuck.
That is not how you presented it the first time, for example:
zahid said:
Did you know that British are the one who started the whole Palestine-Israel conflict at the first place?
and
zahid said:
So if you are a US tax payer, your money is contributing to that 3 million dollar which is buying those Israelis bullets to kill Palestinians women and children.
are both expressed as facts or truths. I don't see any "I think the British are to blame", you just came right out and said what apparently happened. It didn't, and that was the point of my post. Don't give me any crap about how it was just an implied opinion, the phrase "did you know" completely negates that. And nowhere did I say you didn't have the right to express your opinions.

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
Techie said:
That is not how you presented it the first time, for example:

and

are both expressed as facts or truths. I don't see any "I think the British are to blame", you just came right out and said what apparently happened. It didn't, and that was the point of my post. Don't give me any crap about how it was just an implied opinion, the phrase "did you know" completely negates that. And nowhere did I say you didn't have the right to express your opinions.

hahah ur really good at this...finding holes in my arguement...Well look i would love to do more research and fuck you up but i currently hav a HSC to study for and dont have the time to play around....just gimme a year.

Jonathan A

HSC
zahid said:
Did you know that British are the one who started the whole Palestine-Israel conflict at the first place? Once upon a time British were ruling that part of the world, at that time it was called Palestine and right after the second world war suddenly all those holocaust survivor with no where to go started arriving in that region. British didn’t like that at all but they didn’t have the energy to fight the Jewish guerrillas after having just lost the British Empire so they just bagged the place and said, ‘Fine you want this? It’s yours’ Most Arabs residents were not consulted with this deal.

Zahid
What else does the textbook say? And when you do get a chance, read on about the rest of the history. The British contributed, but the conflict is long before British intervention. You could say the Russians started it for leaking the Sykes-Picot agreement, you blame the French, you could blame the US and the Truman Government for forcing the doors to open to more Jewish people in the 1920s.

BUT YOU WILL NOT ACHIEVE PEACE BY POINTING THE FINGER, I think both sides are acting on that.

Jonathan A

HSC
Grobus said:
Are you aware of how much the UN does in attempt to relieve the disease and famine in Africa?

The UN are hopeless at times. Their work for famines is commendable, however their stance on governances globally is pathetic.

berghousemaa

HSC
Jonathan A said:
What else does the textbook say? And when you do get a chance, read on about the rest of the history. The British contributed, but the conflict is long before British intervention. You could say the Russians started it for leaking the Sykes-Picot agreement, you blame the French, you could blame the US and the Truman Government for forcing the doors to open to more Jewish people in the 1920s.

BUT YOU WILL NOT ACHIEVE PEACE BY POINTING THE FINGER, I think both sides are acting on that.
That's novel. Blaming the Truman govt for events in the 1920's.
The conflict is actually quite recent. It was only during the late 30's that conflict arose.

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
I do believe that the state of Israel is morally wrong as they had to already kill 1000's of people and the Israeli army today is just as bad, but there is no need for anti-Semitism as it is the same as racism and u must know that there are a helluva alot of jews who are against the unjust stealing of palestinian land. The best way to resolve the conflict is to make a new, secular Palestinian state where religion does not get in the way of things along with racial conflict. The wealth made by Israelis should be shared around the community.

Another problem is that everybody is complaining about ppl being poor and killed in the Middle East, that is a shame that everyone is turning a blind eye to places that are suffering much worse fate such as Sub-Saharan Africa. Both East and West can put down the guns and worry about something that is bitchy as land and can help the people who really need it instead of getting caught up in religion too much.

Coz basically, there is no evidence of god, when u die u just rot and shit happens, dudes.

We really need to read between the lines and look at what is truth instead of what we believe to be truth.

Stan..

HSC
They also started the Pakistan - India conflict. But I wouldn't say that it is directly their fault for what it is today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)