Difference between higher computing and computing for employment in elec engineering? (1 Viewer)

Dota55

HSC
I've written this in the computing section but just so that more people find this i'm posting it here.

Let's say there's two candidates seeking a position as an electrical engineer. One person recieved a distinction in COMP1911, the other a pass in COMP1917. Would the fact that the second person completed, and passed higher computing have any influence on the employer when deciding between the two? Or is just a question of marks and that's it?

chucknthem

chuck norris
HSC
Re: Difference between higher computing and computing for employment in elec engineer

no one is going to remember your first year mark.

although a pass would pull your wam down by quite a lot compared to a distinction.

keep in mind that unlike other higher subjects, if you don't do higher comp, you won't be able to do any more comp subjects beyond first year. who knows, you might end up liking it and want to do more.

also, you're doing electrical engineering, you have way harder subjects ahead of you than a mere first year computing subject :p

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Re: Difference between higher computing and computing for employment in elec engineer

goddamn - i'm on a D average, sifnt count first year :( (much)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)