Different Counsel Query (1 Viewer)

crimsonking

HSC
This relates to a specific subject.

In legal studies, my teacher says that I am a band 6 student, but everyone else in the class in my opinion would be struggling to get a band 2/3 (honestly). Without any doubt, I will get number 1 rank, so is that something comforting to me? (considering the dead wood in my class)

This pretty much goes back to the whole class issue - good studnet/bad class, but is my case that rare?

Another area, which is really technical, is if we as a class go good in our trials, but the same group of people go crap in the HSC go crap and I go good. What will happen?

Last edited:

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
If you get 1st rank, the only thing that is really going to affect your marks in the HSC is your performance in the external HSC exam, so you are safe from the performance of your classmates if you get 1st rank and do well in the HSC exam and they do shit in the exam.

crimsonking

HSC
Thank you for answering, if you don't mind a few more questions (and if you can, can you please answer them is leymen's terms, I've been reading a lot on this board and have avoided it for a while - moderation, cohort, raw...I don't really like hearing those words)

1. Rank 1 = total immunity from class scaling?
  2. If I go crap in the external will I still be immune from the class?
  3. Is there a cut off? For business we have 40 students and General Maths 60, there must be some consideration there? (Don't answer this if you want, it is confusing)

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
1. You are pretty much safe from the performance of your classmates if you have 1st ranking. The only real factor affecting your marks, unless someone in your class does amazingly well in the external exam (and even then, that's good if you do well in the exam), is your performance in the external HSC exam.
2. If you go shit in the external exam, then your marks will fall, even with your first ranking.
3. Umm, I don't get that question.

You can look at this thread for more info on moderating and ranks and all that:
http://community.boredofstudies.org...na/6642/explanation-hsc-marks-moderating.html

crimsonking

HSC
Question 3 relates more to something like 'if rank 1 is immune, why not 2, 3, 4 etc?'

My friend who did the HSC 2 years ago said he was worried about the same thing, he also said that rank 1 and 2 are immune of 'bad' scaling (something like my legal scenario).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)