Difficulty of Engineering (1 Viewer)

Roy216

HSC
So I've been accepted and enrolled into BE (Flexible), I know the course is quite difficult but how difficult is it? How much hours of work am i expected to put in?

I didn't do Ext 1 Maths in year 12 because i dropped it in year 11 thinking i wouldn't do engineering in uni, and I'm still not sure if this is the field i want to purse in the future, but i am doing a bridging course.

Last edited:

zxreth

HSC
Probably quite a bit difficult for you in terms of the maths units since you haven't done 3U maths.

RogerRoger

HSC
If you go to all your lectures and do the set work you will pass everything, if you get lazy and don't attend your future doesn't look so bright.

zxreth

HSC
Didn't go to any of my maths lectures and I did fine. It varies from person to person.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I do engg/sc and science is harder. You'll be fine.

Roy216

HSC
I do engg/sc and science is harder. You'll be fine.
what do you study in science? I was offered b engineering flexible and being good at maths (despite not doing Ext 1) and my interest in physics i thought it would be a good course to do, however I'm not 100% sure if it's the right decision considering I didn't really enjoy Engineering Studies (not all of it) and due to not enjoying it only achieved a band 4 in it. I was also offered in late rounds b science at usyd and something also tells me maybe i should do financial mathematics instead of engineering.

Lieutenant_21

HSC
So I've been accepted and enrolled into BE (Flexible), I know the course is quite difficult but how difficult is it? How much hours of work am i expected to put in?

I didn't do Ext 1 Maths in year 12 because i dropped it in year 11 thinking i wouldn't do engineering in uni, and I'm still not sure if this is the field i want to purse in the future, but i am doing a bridging course.
Best way to find out is to look at the COURSE STRUCTURE of the type(s) of engineering you are interesed in. Just search "[type of engineering] engineering course structure" on google and you will have an idea of what topics to expect.
Different types of engineering focus on different areas of science so choose like three majors that interest you (choose versatile ones) and have a close look at them. If you want to see what you will be actually studying then I suggest downloading textbooks (no piracy please lol) and have a look at them.
3U maths is mainly applied maths which is very essential for engineering so get a terry lee or cambridge textbook and do the relevant topics like calculus (apps of calculus, geometrical apps of calculus and integration), trig, polynomials and other stuff relevant to your type of engineering.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)