Diffrence of HSC exams and Trials. (1 Viewer)

sinsolja

HSC
Well I've done a decent amount of work for Maths 2u and 3u.

Currently I've done about
25 - 2unit trials
30-35 3unit trials

All up throughout the year. I've also done the ten HSC papers in about term three.
I usually do well with mathematics, however when im going over the HSC (1995-2000) theres quite a difference in the type of questions theve asked , im not sure if its the fact that they are older , however there are a few questions which im hestitant in the method of approach.

There's quite a diffrence in Trials and HSC papers overall, and it has my concerned since Im slightly uncomfortable looking over the HSC papers again, which isn't good news since Im aiming for mid 90's as my overall mark.

Anyone shed some light on this? I thought the idea would be along the same lines? should i be concerned?

zhiying

HSC
What dou you mean "im hestitant in the method of approach" ??? The difference isn't that great, after all you are just practicing. Most trials will mimic the HSC exam, e.g. first question in 4u is normally integration, then complex, then curve sketching. But when you get to the harder questions, e.g. Q10 in 2u and Q7 in 3u, it's pretty much impossible to predict what type of questions they will ask, all you can do is know how to approach different styles of questions.

If it makes you feel any better, all the retarded looking questions in HSC won't come out again lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)