Direction in life (1 Viewer)

DVDVDVDV

Premium Member
HSC
Should I have an idea as to what I want to do after my HSC at my current stage? It's only a year away which is a bit confronting because I don't know where to go afterwards.

When did you guys work out (if you have) what you want to do as an occupation, and what led you to that decision?

Last edited:

cannonbomber

HSC
do it...once you're 30 something and in a stable and skilled job you'll look back and the extra year of high school will have been worth it =]

DVDVDVDV

Premium Member
HSC
Sorry, I phrased that wrong

I'm doing my HSC regardless, but should I have an idea as to what I want to do after my HSC at my current stage? When did you guys work out (if you have) what you want to do as an occupation, and what led you to that decision?

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
1) Get a job and buy a laptop/computer
2) Install Psychonauts and not study
3) ????
4) PROFIT!

boris

Banned
HSC
do it...once you're 30 something and in a stable and skilled job you'll look back and the extra year of high school will have been worth it =]
did you even read the post you fucking spastic

MysteryGenius

HSC
i had it figured out since i was little llol

but dw about it :) i know a few people who weren't sure on what they were doing after school but many either figured it out in the end, took a break to think about what they were going to do (and traveled in the meantime) and/ or did what they felt was right for them

maybe try doing some volunteer work or work experience to see what field/s you are interested in?
that way you'll get an idea of what sort of work you'd have to do for that job by observing and perhaps assist with what the staff do..

Last edited:

Grissom

HSC
Whats the use in planning? Its not like youre going to have the same interests in 5 years that you do now, so just go with the flow.

nathanf

HSC
Observe the world around you, see if there is anything you can contribute to, or a cause you want to put your efforts towards, a general purpose for your life can be found anywhere, and if you look at people you can see the many purposes people give themselves to live; Some its their job, others their hobbies, some their lover(s),a greater reason, to change something in this world.

If you just look around, keep your mind open to everything and don't create walls to getting to know know people, no matter how much you know and will know, you will from time to time at least, like I do, be amazed by the things you learn by just observing this world, and about how people's minds work. And perhaps through this process of social observation you will attain a reason to live your life.

delian

HSC
N/A
I know quite a few people who didn't really have an idea of what they wanted to do, even in Yr12.
But you can change your preferences even after HSC, so you don't have to make up your mind 100% straight away

Azamakurnar

HSC
N/A
I know quite a few people who didn't really have an idea of what they wanted to do, even in Yr12.
But you can change your preferences even after HSC, so you don't have to make up your mind 100% straight away
lol sage advice

codysheppards

HSC
N/A
It was my interest that led me towards studying psychology. Today I am a lecturer and trainer. Study what You caould adopt as profession for the rest of Your life.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)