Discovery Related Text (1 Viewer)

Determined101

HSC
Hey guys,

My prescribed text is The Tempest and I am doing Heart of Darkness as my main related.
For my second related text I want to do a film, but the one I have in mind was released in 2015. Its not a very popular film but I'm worried it may come across as an unsophisticated choice due to it being so recent.
Any thoughts? Will markers dislike it? Or if I analyse it well enough it should be fine?

Thank you!!

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
With related texts your main worry is usually the popularity of the text. The more recent it is then statistically it's more popular than something older. Can I ask what movie you're considering?
If it isn't that popular and you know it well and your teacher supports your decision and its link with The Tempest then I'd say you're fine.

leehuan

HSC
(Of course, keep HoD.)

If you think it's just a nice and peaceful movie then it shouldn't be a worry. The amount of money a movie makes usually gets leaked everywhere though including Wikipedia. That can be indicative of popularity and hence suggest a possible need to change a related text.

But yes, you do want your text choice to be discerning.
------
Also, wrong section of forum...

Matador

HSC
Not rlly answering any of your questions but look into Into the Wild by Sean Penn - a superb related text for discovery IMO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)