Discrete mathematics (1 Viewer)

itachi-kun

HSC
For the past years has discrete mathematic's timetable always been 1 hr lecs for 4 days.. making you go to uni for 4 days kinda sux when you could simply do 3 days. I was thinking of waiting till next semester.. but if its still going to be 4 days then i'll jsut do it this semester.. with friday having to be at uni for 1 hr.. where my travelling woulnd definitely be longer..

ace

is retired
HSC
itachi-kun said:
For the past years has discrete mathematic's timetable always been 1 hr lecs for 4 days.. making you go to uni for 4 days kinda sux when you could simply do 3 days. I was thinking of waiting till next semester.. but if its still going to be 4 days then i'll jsut do it this semester.. with friday having to be at uni for 1 hr.. where my travelling woulnd definitely be longer..
With Discrete your locked into the 1hr, 4 days problem. However to get yourself a day off, you'll probably see that Mathematics 1A (MATH1131/1141) is also 4 days, 1 hr each time. With Math 1A, there are two streams -> one is calculus, one is algebra. So just informally go to different streams from different enrolments. So you change the Mon-Tues-Wed-Thurs into Mon-Wed or the Tues-Wed-Thurs-Fri into a Tues and Fri.

What i've explained above will make more sense when you start uni.

itachi-kun

HSC
ace said:
With Discrete your locked into the 1hr, 4 days problem. However to get yourself a day off, you'll probably see that Mathematics 1A (MATH1131/1141) is also 4 days, 1 hr each time. With Math 1A, there are two streams -> one is calculus, one is algebra. So just informally go to different streams from different enrolments. So you change the Mon-Tues-Wed-Thurs into Mon-Wed or the Tues-Wed-Thurs-Fri into a Tues and Fri.

What i've explained above will make more sense when you start uni.
Maths 1A is 2 lecs 2 hrs each. With discrete is each of the lectures on different topics?

Mumma

HSC
No, each lecture is as shit as the previous (I never went). There are something like 6 different topics that you go through.

ace

is retired
HSC
itachi-kun said:
Maths 1A is 2 lecs 2 hrs each. With discrete is each of the lectures on different topics?
Seems they finally changed it. Guess your at uni for five days. Skipping discrete on friday is one option.

itachi-kun

HSC
ace said:
Seems they finally changed it. Guess your at uni for five days. Skipping discrete on friday is one option.
I sometimes wonder how much you actually get from a 1 hr lecture =/ Do you think its worth going to that 1 hr lectures in your opinion?

ace

is retired
HSC
itachi-kun said:
I sometimes wonder how much you actually get from a 1 hr lecture =/ Do you think its worth going to that 1 hr lectures in your opinion?
Everyone's different. Go to the first one, then make your decision.

Caution123

HSC
I hear such bad stories about Discrete Math lecturers, I'm not looking foward to this at all... How's the content in terms of difficulty when compared with math 1a?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)