discursive (1 Viewer)

may22

HSC
how do you write effective discursives 😭
think of it like a written speech. it's not as formal as an essay, so you can add jokes, rhetorical questions, pop culture references etc that are relevant to your topic. read a few blog posts or even some articles on The Conversation to get an idea of what kind of tone to go with.

also, structure is up to you, as long as it's cohesive. Discursive are pretty tough to do when you get started with them, but with practice, you should hopefully get the hang of it

ziGma

HSC
quick question - we can use of figurative language in a discursive - that includes like metaphors rhetorical qs hyperbole- can we use that sort of figurative language in a persuasive as well?

may22

HSC
quick question - we can use of figurative language in a discursive - that includes like metaphors rhetorical qs hyperbole- can we use that sort of figurative language in a persuasive as well?
persuasive as in exposition? gosh i think the last time i wrote one of those was in year 9 naplan ☠

for essays, avoid figurative language as you're aiming to be straight to the point. if you were asked to write a persuasive text, I'd assume the same thing goes (but year 9 me remembers being allowed to write rhetorical questions in expositions lol). best to check with your teacher or see if art of smart or matrix have anything online.

i genuinely don't think i ever practiced for persuasive, sorry I can't be of more help. but tbh it's very unlikely that it will come up

ziGma

HSC
persuasive as in exposition? gosh i think the last time i wrote one of those was in year 9 naplan ☠

for essays, avoid figurative language as you're aiming to be straight to the point. if you were asked to write a persuasive text, I'd assume the same thing goes (but year 9 me remembers being allowed to write rhetorical questions in expositions lol). best to check with your teacher or see if art of smart or matrix have anything online.

i genuinely don't think i ever practiced for persuasive, sorry I can't be of more help. but tbh it's very unlikely that it will come up
THANKS nahh this was helpful 😁

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)