Disgusting behaviour of people from Balkans (toilet of europe) at Australian Open (1 Viewer)

PrinceHarry

HSC
N/A

Police have confirmed that 11 tennis fans have been ejected and banned from the Australian Open for disruptive behaviour.

The trouble occurred during today’s opening match on court six between a Croatian and Czech player. It followed on from an earlier incident outside Melbourne Park when a group of Croatian supporters lit flares and threatened other spectators on their way to the Australian Open.

‘‘These 11 people were disruptive. They were standing on seats, standing on chairs and they were causing problems for the other spectators who were there to watch the game."
The tournament has been marred on a number of occasions in recent years when ethnic tensions between Croatian, Serbian and Bosnian fans has erupted into violent confrontations.

On the opening day of the 2007 tournament Serbian and Croatian fans, draped in their national colours, attacked each other with flagpoles, bottles and boots.
Last year a brawl broke out in the Garden Square area of Melbourne Park involving Serbian and Bosnian supporters who hurled plastic chairs at each other.
Tennis fans ejected from Australian Open

:uhoh:

abhi23

Coming to the Toga Party?
HSC
Re: Disgusting behaviour of people from Balkans (toilet of europe) at Australian Ope

Happens every year aye

Idiots.

i remember a girl got smashed in the head by one of those flying chairs.

philphie

Banned
HSC
Re: Disgusting behaviour of people from Balkans (toilet of europe) at Australian Ope

this is exactly how ww1 started.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC

=='

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC

Watching them go at it is much better sport then tennis imo

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC

This used to happen all the tie in the superleague soccer comp thing. You'd have mass riots at these games with like 200 hundred people in the crowd. Kinda funny.

gella

HSC

what do you expect lol, honestly

PrinceHarry

HSC
N/A

LOL @ Croatian Gypsy making nazi salute ha ha:haha:

PrinceHarry

HSC
N/A

A CROATIAN leader says media coverage of Nazi-saluting Croat tennis thugs is just vilification of her community.

A group of fans - some wearing Croatian colours - intimidated other fans, let of flares and spat on, then slapped a Herald Sun photographer on the opening day of the Australian Open in Melbourne yesterday.

Australia Croatia Community Services committee member Linda Paric, speaking on radio 3AW this morning, blamed the media for portraying Croatians at the tennis as troublemakers.

She described the Herald Sun’s coverage as “predictable, annual, hysterical reporting and negative portrayal of the Croatian community is disappointing and a real comment on our media and its role”.

And she also claimed “no other community in the history of this country has been (as) vilified repeatedly”.

Ms Paric told Neil Mitchell on 3AW: “I say shame on the media for not taking its role as the fourth estate responsibly, and I also say shame on them because the first thing that is plastered everywhere is Croatia and Croats".

Asked whether she denied they were Croatian supporters, she said “I have no idea". “I have been looking at pictures in the Herald Sun. And, while some of them are wearing chequered tops … a lot of them are wearing hoodies.”

She claimed they were wearing hoodies “because they’re teenagers” and would have to be charged and identified to “clarify their ethnicity”.

Ms Paric also disputed whether the front page photograph apparently showing a Nazi salute was what it seemed.

“The Nazi salute, I really challenge that … there’s also a three-fingered salute in that. When did that become the Nazi salute? I’d really like to see that picture uncropped.”
Is she Croatian version of Keysar Trad? :rofl:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)