Dishonest Answers (1 Viewer)

Bisu

HSC
If we are given something to prove..

And I get to the end of the proof, but it isnt right, and then just quote the what was needed to be proven, has been proven, and then write 'as required' at the end..but i didnt really prove it..and the teacher finds out..what happens?

Say for example:

Prove x=5 in the equation 5x = 20 + x

And i write

6x = 20
therefor x = 5
as required..

Say that was out of two..

Woud i lose both marks for being dishonest..or just the one..(assuming the teacher does realise)

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I doubt you'd get any marks... the marks are usually in the working, not the answer for these types of questions.

also, solve x = x + 1

then prove x = x +1

:)

mirakon

nigga
HSC
If they can tell you're bullshitting they won't give you any marks, which is what you deserve.

However, if you genuinely knew how to do it and skipped 'obvious steps' they may give you marks. It all depends on their point of view.

x jiim

zimbardooo.
HSC
Uni Grad
Sometimes I fudge answers in exams like that. They always seem to work it out though, but they usually give you some marks for effort or method or something.

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
I think I fudged a conics question in my Ext 2 half yearly... I needed to get 81 (ie. 9*9) but for some reason I ended up with 7*7=49, so I just changed the 7's to 9's ... and I got full marks :D

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
I think I fudged a conics question in my Ext 2 half yearly... I needed to get 81 (ie. 9*9) but for some reason I ended up with 7*7=49, so I just changed the 7's to 9's ... and I got full marks :D
lol, but conics is one of those 'essay maths' questions where you are writing at the pace of an essay (due to repetitiveness of questions). This means that the teacher will just 'flick' through the answer rather than analysing each line like normal.

h3ll h0und

HSC
Sometimes I fudge answers in exams like that. They always seem to work it out though, but they usually give you some marks for effort or method or something.
yeh i did that in my last 4u complex numbers exam and i got 2/3 =D

thongetsu

Where aren't I?
HSC
sometimes i fudge answers too, the marks are usually in the working in 3u and 4u maths.

sinophile

HSC
N/A
They will at least give you part marks.

Sakeeee

HSC
Do it anyways i mean the fact that you're righting a fake answer means u don't know the real answer. So why not try your luck with ur teacher.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)