Distance Ed at USyd (1 Viewer)

72stars

HSC
Just wondering if anyone here has done a course via distance at USyd - how did you find it in terms of quality of the materials/media, links to other students, access to lecturers - I'm considering this option for rehab counselling.
Thanks!

madharris

HSC
N/A
I'm doing REHB3062 at the moment.

The unit coordinator is really unorganised. He gets his materials from google (I can probably find the exact sites of some of the material he's given us), there's spelling mistakes in them, it changes font halfway through, some of the sentences are left unfinished. There were even several spelling mistakes in the exam.

As far as I can tell, he's the only staff member for this unit however he does know quite a lot, and will always get back to your emails and stuff as soon as possible.

But yeah it's a pretty crap subject because of the organisation of it (the content itself is alright, it's just not taught very well).

I know he coordinates several other rehab subjects as well.

I'm only talking about one staff member though, the rest of them may be excellent!

72stars

HSC
Thanks for the feedback, Madharris. That doesn't sound too promising, and I'd expect more given USyd's reputation. I hope it's just the one bad apple. You are doing OT, aren't you - do you have to do many Rehab Counselling subjects as part of it? I wonder if I should call the Uni and ask to be put in touch with a graduate from the online course - I'd love to talk with someone who's done it via distance ed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)