Distinction Course Discussion (1 Viewer)

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
live.fast said:
I may be too late, but..

I did Philosophy in 2007 (ages ago now), ended up with 91/100. And it counted over my Software mark of 95/100. It's an interesting course, not too difficult as long as you can follow a logical argument, and it just looks awesome on your HSC final report. Plus the scaling is sexy as. So, as a previous alumni of this distinction course, my advice (if you can still elect to do a distinction course) is:

CHOOSE PHILOSOPHY. It's awesome. (And cosmo sucks. I never did it, but it looks scary.) :)
I'll take your word for it Roger.

It seems like most people from our school liked Philosophy, cept Gabriel - he sounded like he enjoyed Cosmology.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
lol

stop manipulating my mind, roger!!!

Yeah 12000 major project does seem like a big turn off but I will see... :eek:

HSC
7000-12000.

And I'm choosing to be optimistic: once [if] we get to that stage, we'll be fine with it ;)

Faxed my app yesterday. Not going to bother with a mail back-up.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
My school sent mine. I am so glad that it was sent already...I would have been utterly screwed up if they didn't send it.. whew

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Did anyone get a confirmation about the application form? (as in whether they received it or not)...

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
shit...I am worried now then...:(

to sikhman: what did you apply for? Cos or philo?

HSC
No use worrying now, it's too late ;) We'll find out in 2-6 days if they received the application... fingers crossed... :D

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
sikhman said:
yeah i tried for phil, seeing as I already did a philosophy course and i found it really interesting and I really want to shut down those know-it-alls that everyone talks about that were in the mini-class for the information day.....

i hate people who show off like that....
yay!, sikhman to the rescue!

yeah, I hated those know-it-alls. Few stuff they said were fine but if they kept talking, talking, talking, talking, talking......wow.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Did anyone get reply yet?

I thought it was 12/13/14...that we get replies...

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
sikhman said:
we only get replies when our hsc results are released (the day before we get them), so replies will be sent next week, probably wed or thurs....
No, he said that we will get the replies 12/13/14 because they access the results earlier. They already have all our results.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Doctor Jolly said:
So when is it at the latest that you will know if you're accepted?
I don't know. They told us it was like 12/13/14, and some people are telling me it's more like 18/19.

I hope I get in though - the bottom line is.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Timothy.Siu said:
yeah they told us 12/13/14, i'm not sure when we'll know though.
13/14 is like weekends and they are not apparently calling. I appluad them for getting the time right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)