Do I just give up on Eco? Cannot be bothered... (1 Viewer)

koujaku

HSC
Hey so Economics is next Friday and I've done virtually no study. I have both my study notes as well as notes from rank 1 in the course but I feel like I'm going to fail the essays because I have no idea about any examples and frankly don't feel like researching and committing the figures to memory.

School Rank: 2

2U English: 8/162
3U English: 7/58
2U Maths: 5/87
3U Maths: 55/141
2U Jap Continuers: 2/10
3U Jap: 1/7
Economics: 10/45

Accelerated IPT 2013 HSC Mark 95

If you estimate my ATAR from these, is Economics even counted? I have no motivation to put in all that work now if it's not even going to count.

THANK YOU!

koujaku

HSC
Does the 95 in IPT scale down that much?
Do you know around what mark I'd need in Economics to outscale IPT?

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
If you aren't planning on studying for economics,do the decent thing and not turn up to the exam so your class mates don't suffer.

koujaku

HSC
Eh... I'm undecided. I reckon if I didn't study I could still get a low band 6 but... Just need to know how much effort to put in/whether there is any point.

astroman

HSC
Eh... I'm undecided. I reckon if I didn't study I could still get a low band 6 but... Just need to know how much effort to put in/whether there is any point.
Just do it! Your rank is pretty good, and a week is still a good amount of time.

happyhunter

HSC
>2
> not last in eco

Its pretty obvious you know something about economics. Nothing to worry about

RecklessRick

HSC
N/A
Hey so Economics is next Friday and I've done virtually no study. I have both my study notes as well as notes from rank 1 in the course but I feel like I'm going to fail the essays because I have no idea about any examples and frankly don't feel like researching and committing the figures to memory.

School Rank: 2

2U English: 8/162
3U English: 7/58
2U Maths: 5/87
3U Maths: 55/141
2U Jap Continuers: 2/10
3U Jap: 1/7
Economics: 10/45

Accelerated IPT 2013 HSC Mark 95

If you estimate my ATAR from these, is Economics even counted? I have no motivation to put in all that work now if it's not even going to count.

THANK YOU!
To outscale a 95 in IPT you'd need around 91/92 in economics. Considering your school in particular, NSBHS, last year the cohort received exactly 10 b6s in economics. Though this year could obviously vary, that indicates that 10th rank with low levels of study would probably only get you to 90 - not enough to outscale IPT.

Also lol @ doing hsc subs in year 10

koujaku

HSC
and you have peeps in 200+ schools studying their arses off for a b6...
But a 90 will do nothing for my ATAR... >.<

To outscale a 95 in IPT you'd need around 91/92 in economics. Considering your school in particular, NSBHS, last year the cohort received exactly 10 b6s in economics. Though this year could obviously vary, that indicates that 10th rank with low levels of study would probably only get you to 90 - not enough to outscale IPT.

Also lol @ doing hsc subs in year 10
So basically... it's worth it if I try?

Does anyone have a rough estimate of what I'd get if 1 unit of IPT was counted vs 1 unit of Eco? That's the possibilities right now because my other subjects will count, right? Haha sorry, not sure on a lot of this...

YouCantMakeMe

HSC
N/A
But a 90 will do nothing for my ATAR... >.<

Does anyone have a rough estimate of what I'd get if 1 unit of IPT was counted vs 1 unit of Eco? That's the possibilities right now because my other subjects will count, right? Haha sorry, not sure on a lot of this...
I'll take your eco notes if you don't want them trololol (full srs here)

Since you're more or less sure 9 units will count (3u Eng, 3u Math, 3u Jap) and you're looking at a B6 for both Eco or IPT (where one unit will count), then you really shouldn't worry too much about this. If that one unit does affect your ATAR, it won't be by a huge margin. Seeing as you're not too motivated to do eco (and it's pretty late in the game), I reckon you'll probably get the equivalent mark as IPT.

+ If eco doesn't count, a backup of 95 sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me.

RecklessRick

HSC
N/A

2013 NSBHS received 15 b6s in econ so last year could've just been a bad year. How good do you think this year's cohort is? All the economics beasts seem to be at high this year.

The atar equivalent of 95 in IPT is 98.85. Regarding your other subjects, the only ones they could possibly count ahead of is Japanese Extension just based on last years results.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)