Do opposites attract? (merged) (1 Viewer)

Do opposites attract

• yes - you dont need any common interests with a partener

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • in between - need some common interests and some different

Votes: 43 87.8%
  • no - you like your partener to have all the same interests as you

Votes: 5 10.2%

• Total voters

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Differences are great in a relationship when they complement each other.

Auto Wah

Tommy_Lamp said:
ahaha

that deserves a place in my sig
you have no idea how honoured i feel right now.

I like to thank my mum, dad, all my groupies.............

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
opposites give you something to talk about, and keeps the intensity in the relationship, once you both get bored of each other, thats when shit happens

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
~ForAGoodCause~ said:
Do opposites attract? What are your views/experiences? Are such relationships likely to last?
i tend to think that deep down although it seems the people are opposites, and that opposites attract, deep down they are actually very similar. look at people closely who seem like opposites, they are more similar than you think

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
From experience and couples I know.. one is an introvert and the other an extrovert. I think its good that way... but when it comes to like interests etc they are always pretty much the same :)

super katie

BEHOLD!
HSC
i think it only really works up to a certain extent and for certain types of differences. Like... from personal experience, if you go with someone who isnt really on the same level as you intellectually... lots and lots of problems there

S

strappleberry

i gotta agree with iambored; when opposites attract there is usually a similarity deeper down. for eg, my boy and i thought we were complete opposites when we first got together, now its a few months later and we have so many similarities that its kinda freaky! i think the main thing was that we really didnt know each other that much, so we seemed like opposites, but it was our similarities that were the attraction, we just didnt realise it at the time

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I tend to connect well with extroverts (being introversial myself). If you're both introverts there isn't gonna be much talking going on.

|Axis_

HSC
opposites do attract! they complement each other. they bring the system into equilibrium. i mean look.. nature has it that (normally) opposite sexes attract - that's opposite enough! the energy in a room full of males can be really unstable - u can feel how the state changes when females come in.

i think if u couple with someone, its because the coupling fills a gap in you somehow - it balances something. and u dont balance something by adding more of the same thing!

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I think they do. I'm attracted to someone right now who I never thought I like in a million years, we're good friends at the moment, hopefully when he gets back to Sydney it'll become more.

cko

HSC
yeh i agree too. Take my relationship as a prime example: my boif is a full aussie who likes to drink beer sif it was water, listens to metal and talks with all that aussie slang; im an asian RnB bopn chick. but meh. is all goot

Crazy4U

I reckon you need a bit of both.... i reckon having things in common is a good thing so you can enjoy doing things together.... but then also having different intrests and a different lifestyle adds variety and you can teach eachother new things :cool:

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i think people subconsciously seek people that are at least relatively different from them so that there is a greater genetic diversity if they decide to mate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)