Do they scale good? (1 Viewer)

sfernando

HSC
hey guys

Well im doing HSC in 2011 and i wanna know if these subjects could give me a gud ATAR mark if i get all of em over ban 5 or 4

- 2u English
- 2u maths
- 2u Senior science
- 2u Earth and Environment science
- 2u Language continuers ( tamil )
- 1u Photography
- 1 u religion
- 2 u business'

altogether im doing 14 units and i also wana drop 1 subject which would that be .. tell me the less scaling one...

thx for quick replies.

muzeikchun852

HSC
hey guys

Well im doing HSC in 2011 and i wanna know if these subjects could give me a gud ATAR mark if i get all of em over ban 5 or 4

- 2u English
- 2u maths
- 2u Senior science
- 2u Earth and Environment science
- 2u Language continuers ( tamil )
- 1u Photography
- 1 u religion
- 2 u business'

altogether im doing 14 units and i also wana drop 1 subject which would that be .. tell me the less scaling one...

thx for quick replies.
photography < senor science < business < senior science < religion < language continuers

sfernando

HSC
u meantioned 2 senior science which 1 is earth and environment ? can u show me the scaling subject list?

wrecking

derp.
HSC
who cares about the bloody scaling. as long as you do really well, then it shouldn't really matter. just do what you like/think you'll do best in.

sfernando

HSC
in that case wreck im doing 14 units which one should i drop . im planning on photography or senior science?

dan2452

HSC
As for the scaling, here is the statistics

http://www.duxcollege.com.au/pdf/uac/2008_table_A3.pdf\

The ones with the highest scaled mean are the subjects which scale well for the ATAR. However, these vary from year to year, but they generally stay the same.

As for scaling between senior science and photography, photography generally has a higher scaled mean, but it is completely up to your interests and how you think you will perform in these subjects.

shinn

HSC
you can't do photography for the hsc, only for prelim i think

omgd.

HSC
N/A
DO NOT base your decision on scaling. So many of my friends did that and ended up with around 10-15 marks lower than what they wanted/expected to get.

All my subs were ridiculously scaled ( in a bad way ) and i still managed an atar of 98. I did ancient, religion, eng adv, legal and society and culture.

Business studies, is also very poorly scaled but my friend did it and he duxed our school with a 99.95 atar. DO NOT base your choice on scaling !!!

sfernando

HSC
Is it also true that some subs need certain marks to start getin scaled up....... I'm gonna take subs that i think im gud at ( thanks for pointing it out)

omgd.

HSC
N/A
Is it also true that some subs need certain marks to start getin scaled up....... I'm gonna take subs that i think im gud at ( thanks for pointing it out)
with all subs you need to do better than average to get scaled up. and if you do lower than average you get scaled down. the only difference is, in sciences a high to mid 80's can scale up to 90s ( certain sciences ) whilst with some humanities you need a high 80 or low-high 90 ( depending on sub ) to get a high 90's mark ( confusing i know ) it also varies year to year depending on average state performance. at the end of the day, if u do better than state average u will do well and for that reason its important to do the subs that u enjoy and understand :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)