Do Uni's know your course preferences? (1 Viewer)

withyou

HSC
N/A
Just wondering whether they are able to know what preferences you put down and the order theyre in?

Thanks!

5qirtl3

Banned
HSC
they don't know what order you place it in, but they know what courses you selected and which uni it is which is the reason why they sent me letters xD

HSC
They may not know the exact order, but they do know if you've put them in your top preferences. I got letters from the 2 uni's i put in my top 2 preferences that thanked me for choosing their uni as a top preference

Monsterman

HSC
I got a letter from Usyd telling me to put their uni higher so i think they do know whether you want to go there or not

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I got calls from both the USyd and UNSW Law School Deans asking me to go to their Unis....so I guess they both know that I've put them first and second? :p

Schoey93

HSC
I got calls from both the USyd and UNSW Law School Deans asking me to go to their Unis....so I guess they both know that I've put them first and second? :p
No. They might be interested in you purely because you got a great ATAR, have listed Combined Law in your preferences so might just want to go to the best two place in the state and country for Law.

Australian National University has the better law degree, if you wanna travel from Sydney to Canberra every day.

And maybe they do know your preferences. Seems like a small intrusion of privacy to me but then again we have police watching us on the roads and in our streets and yards all the time in unmarked police cars.

I reckon that Big Brother has gone too far if you can't keep something as simple and unique as your Uni preferences list private when you decide so

Schoey93

HSC
Oh and Aerath. Choose USYD. It's a better course. Even though it's Arts/Law. You can do Science majors as part of your Arts degree...you can even take maths...

hehehehehehe

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Australian National University has the better law degree, if you wanna travel from Sydney to Canberra every day.
Actually, the reference to ANU being the best uni is based on stuff like research - which doesn't really affect me. Issues that decide where I wanna go are based on things such as commute, and convenience (as well as prestige etc). :p

But I'm leaning towards USyd.

Schoey93

HSC
Well Research-based degrees tend to yield Honours so honours/research degrees are better than pass-degrees

And USyd is the best IMHO, close to home and shops, many beautiful refreshing Hogwarts-y campuses and so on.

5qirtl3

Banned
HSC
Uysd is awesome, tis how i met Harry Potter in person.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)