Do we get a booklist at Macq or ask our lecturers which books to get? (1 Viewer)

ac91

HSC
Hey does anyone know the answer to the above.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

bouncingCats

HSC
You can usually find booklists to your units in your unit outlines (by downloading the unit outlines from blackboard - that is, if it's available) or logging onto the student portal and clicking the "student information" tab. With the latter, once you're on the "student information" tab/page, just click "books" under the co-op logo.

Hope this helps.

dolbinau

HSC
The Macquarie student portal is pissing me off. Firstly, it only has my old units. Secondly, using the manual 'enter the student portal' isn't working.

The links in the earlier thread about this (where replacing the unit code with the one you want) works, however.

But still. I'm guessing after MQ's recent web-improvements (at least eStudent and their website), the student portal should get better. It is a convoluted mess.

I sound so bitter, lol. I guess the anticipation of finding I am meant to spend hundreds of $$ on textbooks I will never use is causing it :p.

bimatty

HSC
How do we find out whether we need course notes or not?

Ritz1024

HSC
N/A
Yeh just on the notes.

On co-op for my unit it say's " Comment: COURSE NOTES REQUIRED". But it doesn't tell you anything about the notes??

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
They may not have arrived at the coop yet, but once they are avaliable you can go down to the course notes shop, downstairs from the coop and there is usually a list of what is currently avaliable. Sometimes course notes aren't avaliable until a weerk or so into semester

bimatty

HSC
Yeah, basically it lists the text books, and doesn't make any mention whatsoever of course notes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)