• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Do Year 11 marks count towards an ATAR? (1 Viewer)

gaugau1

HSC
Your internal school mark is determined purely from rank so your argument is invalid.
how is my comment invalid, i don't understand.
from my knowledge if lets say you are ranked 1st with a score of 70 (after all assesments) your internal school mark can only be 70 . because you are first doesn't mean it goes up to like 90.
they may be ranked 1st but in the state they could be ranked really low. when someone coming 10 th with the score of 90 can easily be higher than someone ranked 1st with a score of 70.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
how is my comment invalid, i don't understand.
from my knowledge if lets say you are ranked 1st with a score of 70 (after all assesments) your internal school mark can only be 70 . because you are first doesn't mean it goes up to like 90.
they may be ranked 1st but in the state they could be ranked really low. when someone coming 10 th with the score of 90 can easily be higher than someone ranked 1st with a score of 70.
You really don't understand how the internal mark is gathered.

In any school, your mark doesn't matter as long as you have a good rank

gaugau1

HSC
purhaps i don't but i much prefer having a not such a good rank (with in a class)but have good marks in terms of rankng with in the state, than be the top with crap marks at a crap school.

HSC
mateys, I have shitty marks but i'm ranked pretty well (imo) in the majority of my subjects. That's the only thing that's keeping me from falling into deep depression over my report :haha:
Don't take that away from me :cry:

gaugau1

HSC
i'm not trying to. i'm mainly trying to figure out this ranking situation for myself (half way through my hsc yr so should really know about it=S ) don't stress u will do fine =) keep smiling its not the end of the world. good luck with everything.

powlmao

Banned
HSC

jamesfirst

HSC
i disagree i think you will be better off with good marks and a low rank , then having bad marks and a good rank . if they have a good rank with bad marks this is indicating the standard of his year/class (very poor). if he has good marks but low rank obviously his class is of a high standard therefore when it comes to studying and hsc , he will be motivated to work harder (more competion) and will be pulled up by his class mates. having bad marks means they are not trying or able to do that subject therefore will go badly in their hsc and their atar, no matter what they are ranked, will be low. The best thing to do is have both awesome marks and rankng =D

retard. lol

cryskim

HSC
mateys, I have shitty marks but i'm ranked pretty well (imo) in the majority of my subjects. That's the only thing that's keeping me from falling into deep depression over my report :haha:
Don't take that away from me :cry:
;A; That sounds OK to me man, I think I have it the other way around with shitty ranks and average to good marks and it is depressing XD
I think you'll be fine haha :)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Agreed, for the HSC all that counts is ranks, because in the end the ATAR is a rank
Ranks AND the distance between the ranks.
So, you want the person behind you to be WAY behind you and the person in front to be like .01 in front.

gaugau1

HSC
retard. lol
Because I have an opinion doesn't mean u can slate it. Being at a high ranked/high mark school is far better than being at a crap one that’s all I am saying. You think your so big sitting behind a computer and putting people down using discriminating names. Using the term "retard" is extremely disrespectful, so stop using it so lightly!

jamesfirst

HSC
It was a derogatory statement to emphasise how wrong you were.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Because I have an opinion doesn't mean u can slate it. Being at a high ranked/high mark school is far better than being at a crap one that’s all I am saying. You think your so big sitting behind a computer and putting people down using discriminating names. Using the term "retard" is extremely disrespectful, so stop using it so lightly!
Your opinion was uninformed and shit.
High marks don't mean you go to a good school dickwad.
If you get high marks at school with low ranks it probably means your school marks really easy.
E.g. last year one kid got in the high 80s for bio at my school... 4 got band 6s.

gaugau1

HSC
It was a derogatory statement to emphasise how wrong you were.
look the term up in a dictionary smart arse. it is a term used to describe the mentaly handicaped. i having experience with the mentaly hadicapped find it very offensive. maybe think abit more about consequece before sharing ur "derogative statements". and for the guy who called me a 'dickwad' bit imposible for me to be that as i don't have a dick. piss off back to hogwarts.
anyone else who wants to call me a degrading name and tell me i'm wrong without any evidence (except the few that have been helpful) go ahead -.-

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
look the term up in a dictionary smart arse. it is a term used to describe the mentaly handicaped. i having experience with the mentaly hadicapped find it very offensive. maybe think abit more about consequece before sharing ur "derogative statements". and for the guy who called me a 'dickwad' bit imposible for me to be that as i don't have a dick. piss off back to hogwarts.
anyone else who wants to call me a degrading name and tell me i'm wrong without any evidence (except the few that have been helpful) go ahead -.-
Looks like someone has a case of Stupid Bitch Syndrome.

HSC
Uni Grad
calling it an 'opinion' implies that there are no rights or wrongs, in this case however, what you stated is not an opinion because it is entirely false, retard

HSC
Uni Grad
retard

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)