Do YoO think this is weird?? (1 Viewer)

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
Being 28 doesn't mean he knows what life is all about. I doubt anyone will ever understand life.

Fuck off.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Yes maturity is not always linked to age but what you do not realise (and I am assuming you are still at school) that you will grow and mature heaps in your first few years in the big wide world. You do not realise at 16/17 how little you know about the world and responsibility until you are thrust into it. I know it sounds like I am not much older than you but I have been out of school for over a year and let me tell you at 17 I THOUGHT I was mature but I can assure whilst I was more mature than most 17 year olds I was not as mature as someone who had been out of school.

The age gap you are talking about sounds like you'd be in different places in your lives. You are studying, perhaps preparing for tafe, uni, an aprenticeship or your first real job. He probably already has his own job, assets etc...also wants to go out clubbing, drinking or maybe even ready to settle down.

There are mature guys out there closer to your age, I am 19 going out with a 21 year old. He is more mature than me without being a decade older. I met him a few months out of school and I had a great deal of maturing to do as a person.

Working, studying at teritary level and spending time out in the adult world will mature you, just be wary he has more life exerience than you, the relationship may be tough if you want different things or cant do things because of age/study restraints that he wants to do.

Whilst I believe age should not be a huge factor in a relationship that is a big gap and I think you are at different points in your lives.

If you really think it can work than go for it, but be wary of much of the useful advice in this thread and be prepared to have to grow up fast if you want to continue dating someone 10 years older. I had to grow up fast with someone two years older and really I know it wasnt the age that made the difference it was all the life experience he had!

Good luck and you are free to take this as you want

Davriel

HSC
N/A
Not weird at all. Generally women will date older guys because they're more mature. Most 17 year old guys are still trading cards. Mind you, however, that just because some is mature doesn't mean you shouldn't be a little concerned if he's devoting all his life to you.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
The only reason he is going out with her is because he is pathetic and weak and needs a nice young girl to dominate... and because she is not mature enough she doesn't see it.

Pace_T

HSC
if they wanna date and her parents approve, there's nothing stopping them
go for it if thats what u want. im happy for u that u found someone really mature and all that, but if he hurts u and then u come crying back to make a thread about, dont expect sympathy from us, no siree bob *crosses arms*
lol

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
who cares how old they are. just as long as he makes you happy..

dodgyfilokid

HSC
Age doesnt matter generally but gee 11 years is a huge gap if you put it into context..I kno people will say "ohh how bout this couple i know who have a 10 or 15 yr gap who are married??" They didnt go out when they were teenagers..they did so after all the educational shit has been done and have found themselves stable ground to maintain such relationships....your 17..hes 28..he sees things differently than you do..he might be more mature but its not all maturity...relationships have to have some equal footing...what if he wants to marry you?? possibly you cant financially support yourself when your still 17 unless u decided to forgo full time uni and work 35hrs a week....

im not saying its totally wrong but look at it this way....what will you do the moment the relationship turns bad or becomes nasty....i know your parents approved of it and thats a huge step but its assuming all is well...let me tell you once something sinister happens it will send shivers down their spine...your friends do have a valid arguement in paying you out..you might be technically legal age under certain laws but majority of laws define legal age as being 18 yrs old..certainly the law wont allow you to get married now unless you have explicit parental consent from your parents....thats a safeguard against sham marriages...

let me end on this note...its a huge gap but better be prepared for all the things that will come up...and dont ever ever ignore your mates' opinions..sometimes theyre the most impartial people u will ever meet and know

//Niix//

HSC
N/A
iamsickofyear12 said:
The only reason he is going out with her is because he is pathetic and weak and needs a nice young girl to dominate... and because she is not mature enough she doesn't see it.
dominate? i dont think so. so full of useless comments arent you? so

judgemental. ah.

and just a quick question.. whos attention seeking what?

do u mean im attention seeking on the bos?

i wasnt planning too but it worked kinda well anyways didnt it lol

iamsickofyear12

HSC
//Niix// said:
dominate? i dont think so. so full of useless comments arent you? so

judgemental. ah.
Exactly. You are easy to manipulate and take advantage of.

//Niix//

HSC
N/A
actually i did forget 2 mention one little thing..we have been together for 3 months, i dnt know if that relli makes a difference. and yes i am happy thank yoO! so many different opinions! so much controversy! lol i love it

//Niix//

HSC
N/A
hmm, imsickofyr12, anyone would think u have met me before. but thats the

thing, u havent. so dont try to tell me what my personality is like.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
//Niix// said:

I don't need to have met you. I know you are 17, I know what 17 year olds are like, so I know enough.

//Niix//

HSC
N/A
the best way to say that, without sounding like a complete wanker, would be

you SOUND like you are easy to manipulate. not you ARE. but who am i to tell

you what to say?

iamsickofyear12

HSC
//Niix// said:
the best way to say that, without sounding like a complete wanker, would be

you SOUND like you are easy to manipulate. not you ARE. but who am i to tell

you what to say?
I can't really judge your maturity by your typing. Though I might guess from it that you weren't really all that mature, it's much easier to go off your age.

17 year olds are stupid and immature so they are easy to manipulate. It's not about you specifically, just people your age in general. You disagree with me now but if a couple years you will know what I mean.

//Niix//

HSC
N/A
bah! damn yoO! u have said that before! but u dont seem to understand,

age doesnt = maturity levels!

SituationNoir

HSC
//Niix// said:
//Niix// said:

Your posts do very little to reassure anyone of your maturity.

You asked for opinions. You've recieved them. Stop whinging about one persons opinion if your going to be a hypocrite and then say 'i love it.' Make up your mind.

As for your situation, if you want to go out with a 28 year old, fine. No-one can stop you. If I was a parent and my 17 year old daughter was going out with a 28 year old, I'd be a little concerned as to what his motivations for dating her were.

Guys at that age, generally only go out with younger girls because their malleable. Easily dominated etc. If your happy, go for it. However, you asked if it was weird and I'd have to say yes. Yes it is.

//Niix//

HSC
N/A
hmm yeah ok. :sleep: i did ask 4 opinions. not judgements about my parents.

that what i was mad about. so there you go!

i have 2 admit, i am a bit foolish, im completely happy dating him.

so why am i still posting on here?

hmm, silly, immature nix.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)