Do you believe in God?

• Total voters

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
Re: Do you believe is God?

myth: there's no evidence

The various texts of Norse mythology (such as the works of Saxo Grammaticus and Snori Struluson) make verifiable historical claims. Either Frost Giants invaded Asgard or did not, there is compelling evidence that they did.

"I'm here to kick Frost Giant ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of bubblegum" Thor, 2010
the evidence speaks for itself

jezzmo

Now lactating. Sample me.
HSC
N/A

I see religious people using religion as a tool for shortcuts to happiness.
And I despise their religion.

But after a taint of deliberation I decided - fuck it, why not establish that shortcut without religion.

So I undertook several months of ketamine abuse, using the time to meditate and associate, subconsciously - the word "Faith" to mean "everything will be OK" and also as some kind of emotional trigger.

It works, whenever a negative thought arrives, a hesitation, an anxiety, I say to myself "Faith" and it is like pushing a button of cocaine or tranquility. The two opposing forces both working as one. It is all the power of religion - without the obligation. By using the emotion of faith, it also aids concentration - emotion ultimately is a trigger for concentration, so I have even achieved using the word to finally achieve somewhat-consistent reading of literature as someone with a mind as vacant as a Borders Store.

HSC

"So I undertook several months of ketamine abuse" that is my favourite sentence

Oladele

HSC

IMO, humans don't know everything, you cannot dismiss the existence of a god. Religion, however stupid people may think it is, is important. The world is a dark, shitty place, and unless you like relating with depressed cunts, then religion is helpful to you. ALTHOUGH, the idea that God helps or loves people is unwise, with all the death and destruction going on, i think it does whatever it wants.

Oladele

HSC

the question should be changed to... "What does God mean to you?" rather than "Is there a god?"

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A

IMO, humans don't know everything, you cannot dismiss the existence of a god. Religion, however stupid people may think it is, is important. The world is a dark, shitty place, and unless you like relating with depressed cunts, then religion is helpful to you. ALTHOUGH, the idea that God helps or loves people is unwise, with all the death and destruction going on, i think it does whatever it wants.
that means god is responsible for it read the fucking thread you stupid cunt

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A

the question should be changed to... "What does God mean to you?" rather than "Is there a god?"
The question is believe in God, which is different to both of those

Garygaz

HSC

the question should be changed to... ''a question that slightly makes me feel better about my flailing beliefs?'' rather than ''this question troubles me as i have nothing to back it up with?''

HSC

the world is a bad place lets all blindly follow the same delusion and pretend we have no problems yew

HSC

the question should be changed to... ''a question that slightly makes me feel better about my flailing beliefs?'' rather than ''this question troubles me as i have nothing to back it up with?''
what shit can i think up to help me rationalise my faith which is lessening from day to day

mirakon

nigga
HSC

what shit can i think up to help me rationalise my faith which is lessening from day to day
But what if you believe in the concept of a God of some sort, but you are not religious.

I think the problems that arise from most religions are due mainly to how they treat other people etc. rather than the nature of a God in the first place. The issue is with religion as a way of life rather than simply believing in a metaphysical being.

Selador

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

Great to see a majority of our generation are not religious.

Once the older generations die out, those who believe in reason and logic will prevail.

This will only gain in momentum as the non religious fail to religiously indoctrinate their children.

I for one can't wait.

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A

Great to see a majority of our generation are not religious.

Once the older generations die out, those who believe in reason and logic will prevail.

This will only gain in momentum as the non religious fail to religiously indoctrinate their children.

I for one can't wait.
Maybe... however a new pantheon of gods has emerged in today's society. You have gods of: EVERYTHING IS RACIST !!@!1!!1!!, I HAVE A RIGHT TO EVERYTHING !!!!!, YOU NEED TO HIRE A QUOTA OF CERTAIN PEOPLE YOU PREDJEDUCE FUCK!!!!, ISLAM IS GREAT LOLZ!!!, OMG WE ALL NEED TO LIVE LIKE SAVAGES TO SAVE THE EARTH!!11!!!#@$@1!!!, ALLLLLLL COMPANIES ARE EEEEVVVVVIILLLLLL!!!!! LOLZ!!!, FREE SPECH BE OVERATED ROFL!!! And it’s ok to be a fat fuck. I'm sure I have left out many, care to add more if you wish

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad

I don't really care what you arrogant people say...

Christianity is 'REAL' to me and nothings going to change me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)