Do you get a printed timetable? (1 Viewer)

d_elmo

HSC
you do your tutorial registration and then you make up the timetable yourself... Im pretty sure

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
What I usually do is print off the timetable on the tutorial registration website with the tutorial times, and cause it also has the classrooms its easier to find your way around. However, after a few weeks you won't need a timetable anymore, you'll memorise it.

Jacks

HSC
you won't be given a timetable, I just make my own...you can use the timetable from tute reg, but if that's a bit hard for you to follow with all the different options and subjects just copy and paste all the details into a word document, and put them in a table, with days, times etc...that way you know what's happening...you can take the timetables from tute reg, as back up if you like, though as cape says after a few weeks you'll probably find that you can remember where and when you have to be places :)

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Can u change which tuts your enrolled in each week

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Generally you can in the first week. However, after that, tutors generally don't like changing cause its too much of a disruption to classes cause of the changing of the rolls, cause you have to be in class atleast 80% of the time. Which means, you can miss out on 2 unexplain absenses throughout the semester.

mibiony

"fully sick"
HSC
Cape said:
Generally you can in the first week. However, after that, tutors generally don't like changing cause its too much of a disruption to classes cause of the changing of the rolls, cause you have to be in class atleast 80% of the time. Which means, you can miss out on 2 unexplain absenses throughout the semester.
how do they know ur in class if there is no like rolll call or like system which allows the uni or lecture/tut know ur present?

at the orientation day, they passed a sheet around where we wrote our names and student number... is that what we'll have to do for each lecture/tut ?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Lectures generally don't have a roll, however, if theres a dramatic drop in people attending, sometimes the lecturer will have a roll where you write your name and student number.

Tutorials cause they are small generally less than 20 people the tutor will probably know your name, well all mine did :rolleyes: and theres a roll which goes around each lesson and you just sign it.

Jacks

HSC
each lecturer and tutor will have a different way of recording attendance. As cape has mentioned usually a role is not taken during lecturers, because the amount of people present makes this difficult, and of course time consuming. Although a lot of students take advantage of this and do not show up...if a lecturer is worried about a lack of attendance they will start taking a role...some may do so regardless, though none of mine have. It is a good idea to go to lectures anyway of course, so you know what's happening in the tutorial.

Again in tutorials the role is taken differently by different tutors. Some will get you to write down your name and student number, others will pass the roll around and get you to sign off or tick that you were present, or even call the roll themselves. Though after a few weeks a tutor may even do this by themselves as they come to know who you are. It's not a huge thing to worry about though, you'll come to know how different people do things when you start your classes. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)