Do you have a Crap english teacher? (1 Viewer)

DO YOU HAVE A CRAP ENGLISH TEACHER?

• Oh my god.. my english teacher is the WORST

Votes: 79 35.1%
  • my english teacher is o'rite.

Votes: 41 18.2%
  • my english teacher is #1

Votes: 88 39.1%
  • give me some candy now!

Votes: 17 7.6%

• Total voters

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
our teacher knows so much. she is a fucking genious at everything english literature. its just a shame she cant communicate it.
what i the point of this thread? school is over whats the use in complaining?

lala2

Banned
HSC
I reckon my 2U and 3U teachers are ok...it's just that I hate the subject and they put me into classes in which I'm not capable of, and my results this year are just terrible...ah well, got one more year...

kimmy_nlhs

A Crazy Comparison

Now people. This should sound crazy. Because it is.
My EEXT1 teacher marked an essay for me (or did he) 39/40
I asked my 'brutally honest' ADV teacher to mark that same essay.
She said to me " I've used the 'red pen' and for your sake i havent put a mark on it"
It was that bad. I could hardly see the black ink through the red. Thats how trully stupid my EEXT1 teacher is. i didnt complain. it was like worth 20% or something.....

Do you guys have a worse teacher than that???

Cheers Kimmy

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
omg my 3u teacher is crap
we have class before school on thursdays, starting at 8am
theres some of us coming from 45 mins away (private grammar school, people coming from all around) and he just doesnt turn up
no work left for us
no explanation the next week
nothing
he lives 5 minutes up the road and cant even b bothered coming to class
AND he wont let us change when the class is held either
week after week, we turn up and he doesnt come OR hes 20-30 minutes late
it is so shit
he should get the sack
i dont even think weve met the hour requirements set by the board of studies

to make matters worse.......we got to the last few weeks of last term, and a few girls in our class realised that our assessments didnt add up to 100%...they went and told him
his solution was to raise the weighting if everything else wed done!
so they went to see the director of studies, and she was like NO WAY you have to do another assessment
so the assessment he gives us is this huge big in class essay thingy
we had to study for it just like an exam
well is all i did is study the night before
i wrote like 2 pages in 50 minutes.....and for some unbeknownst reason he gives me 18/20
it was complete shit
talk about random marks
and shitty teacher
goddamn, ive hit the jackpot!

malkin86

HSC
We're only doing Ted Hughes' Birthday Letters (for Telling the Truth in Advanced, all about his psycho marriage breakup) because our English teacher has a crush on him! Ew...

pitted

HSC
N/A
well i have just read all of the other posts and may i say some of you guys have the worse teachers ever!
i had my english teacher for yr 8 and it was just pathetic (bottom class - not my fault btw - he hated teaching it i hated being in it, i soon moved up)
so when i realised i had him for adv and ext in yr 11 and 12 i was like - o god no.
however
i also have him for ee2
he turned out to be pretty good
i mean for ee1 our class just sits there pretending to do work (coz honestly ee1 is sooo an at home subject - as a matter of fact any english course is)
however
he gives us heaps of handouts - good ones but i think i must have at least 5kg of paper from adv, ee1 and ee2 (although not too much for ee2)
he also talks heaps...yet he doesnt blubber, its actually good stuff....yay!
he is a senior marker and knows what he is talking about, and can recognise ability, which is good.
for adv he is excellent yet our adv class (13) is totally shit
ee1 he is as good and our class (4 people) are smart but a tad lazy...ok i am lazy this girl she is kinda crazy she writes down everything but i listen...she is sooo gonna beat me
and for ee2 he is good since we just talk.
so in conclusion
i have a really good english teacher i have had him for yr 11 and yr12 in adv. ee1 and ee2.
unlike some ppl here

mugrug

My advanced english teacher is quite honestly the best teacher I've ever had.

My english extension 1 and 2 teacher is frustratingly not however. I swear she gives random marks and doesn't give us any constructive criticism and when we ask about a point she says "I never thought about it like that" and walks off to the other side of the classroom. *grah!*

She teaches us Retreat From the Global but I don't think she understands the concept. She treats it as if it were a binary local=good global=bad... luckily in the last week I bought a study guide to correct me in this assumption. Luckily I also have a brilliant calss full of intelligent people so that our discussions have come up with many conclusions and the teacher has largely been ignored

Tredanse

HSC
mugrug said:
My advanced english teacher is quite honestly the best teacher I've ever had.

My english extension 1 and 2 teacher is frustratingly not however. I swear she gives random marks and doesn't give us any constructive criticism and when we ask about a point she says "I never thought about it like that" and walks off to the other side of the classroom. *grah!*

She teaches us Retreat From the Global but I don't think she understands the concept. She treats it as if it were a binary local=good global=bad... luckily in the last week I bought a study guide to correct me in this assumption. Luckily I also have a brilliant calss full of intelligent people so that our discussions have come up with many conclusions and the teacher has largely been ignored
Munro, I want your study guide! Weren't we going to meet up sometime? Tomorrow is all we have left =P

lizzieee_

mine tells me i write beautifully then gives me about 13/25 in exams.

must just be an exam thing *shrug*

she's alright, doesn't push us enough, but alright. i prefer to have people on my case all the time or i don't do anything hah.

tomg

high school graduate 2005
HSC
Honestly,

My ext englist teacher is ok AT TIMES>>> However, she is towards the "higher" side of the weight spectrum and she wears mini skirts and low cut shirts and it really is revolting! She so needs someone to slap her!!!!!! (oh and she really neads to close her legs when she is sitting at the front of the classroom>>> not a good sight!!!!!!!_)

So most of you would be able to at least look at ur teacher when she is speaking to you.... on the other hand [as in my case] >>> i dont think so!

J

jhakka

I liked both my teachers (Advanced/Extension 1, and Extension 2). Can't complain at all.

Toe Knee

HSC
I hate hate hate hate my english teacher!!! i have him for 2u, 3u, and 4u, and he sucks in all of them. he prepares nothing for the classes, we read things in class which he has never read before n half the time they are irrelevant anyway...grrrr i have a feeling my marks in the SBAs will be shit as...hoping to make up in the HSC though!

veridis

droog
HSC
adv teacher is an insane biatch. always criticises my work so much in class and for tests that dont matter i almost fails. come asessments i'm like close to top. 20/20 for a borderline impromptu speech on Taming/10 things last year

ext 1 teachers is pretty cool. had english head as teacher till she had to go be acting deputy. replacement it totaly different style but almost as good. learn alot from minimal work. best class disucssions ever

ext 2 teachers are perfect combo. one has no idea about film so whenever we talk its 100% story and character development. other teacher is a camera enthusiast so has alot of helpful hints and knowledge about the practical side of doing the film. i love it

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
I have the best English teacher in the whole world, she is also my ext 1 teacher and ext2 mentor. I just luv going to english Class. :) :) :) :)

Aeolior

HSC
woow ok.. ive just spent almost like 35 mins reading everyone's funny, yet informative complaints, really tells me that Im not the only one.

For my english advanced teacher, shes this old lady, and I had her for like year 9 and now i have her for year 11. OMG she is so crap, she wastes your time by writing all these scribbly notes on the board, and complains to us that our head teacher of english actually uses his laptop and projector (cos at our technology high school, we have these projectors on the ceiling which project stuff from his/her laptop), shes like still in the dark ages or something, and we spend like a double period copying notes from the board from Skrzynecki's poems. She would give the handout of the poem and once said "I reckon I shouldnt even go through this poem with you, I mean its so easy" me and my friends were like, seriously..." neways, later on I found out that all her notes were just from those topnotes books that u buy from dymocks on skrzynecki's poems. She seems to be a really good teacher, but is really an old lady who copies stuff from textbooks. She would write on my essay like C+ everytime, and say, aww I think u gotta work on your sophistication, and she gives C+ to the whole class, except for some boy she fancies. I remember once, she gave this boy A+ for doing an essay which didnt even answer the question, and also cos this boy wrote like really really small, he's essay wouldnt be marked by like several teachers, only by our teacher. Then at the end of this year.. year 11 he gets moved into the smart english class..

Overall, she seems to know what shes teaching, but never teaches you HOW to do it.

My english extension teacher however is quite good..knows his stuff well, but weirdly, whenever he talks, he looks at the carpet...chair.. even at parent interviews, he wouldnt look at them, hed just stare at the ground and say.. oh yeah.. i thnk your son is doing really well in extension.. >< not to mention, I cant even change english classes now, so im stuck with that old lady for englsih advanced for year 12. IM just soo gonna fail.. luckily, im kinda the book-worm kinda person.. and this forum seems to solve alot of my problems..

XD sorry for my long reply.. >< i just find my english advanced teacher the most annoying person, who gives u bad marks, but good marks on an essay uve spent 5 mins on...

tamster

Well some of you really had bad luck! I have like the best teacher. I have her for Exten and Advanced. Our Exten is like a big girl family 7 of us inc teacher. We have food and stuff too. Our Adv. teacher had us for a dinner at her mad house before the exams cause she couldn't come to our formal. Class, both of them are full of laughs. At her and at eachother.

Akujinn

J Man
HSC
I have the same teacher as zahid and ill admit she is excellent, but she is also so dramatic and depressed, you all know the kind, the 'everything happens to me' sort of person, apart from that though she is the best teacher ive ever had

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)