do you listen to music while studying (1 Viewer)

conjc

HSC
I listen to softer stuff while actually studying, my usual music if I'm really struggling to get started or just trying to grind out a really tedious task. If I'm trying to be somewhat productive but it's not important that I get anything done, a podcast or video essay (but that's rare unless I'm just doing a bunch of questions).

No music during past papers though

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
I think in year 10 I switched to Beethoven and study, but then I started to bop along to those sick classical beats too much that it became a distraction. Take of that what u will

Jedhcurtis76

HSC
Music will distract you (at least slow you down) - everyone’s a little different tho. But for something chill like a little easy math Hw or something, go for it - but do be conscious that there will be a slight trade off in the quality of your study!! But sometimes you just can’t be stuffed, and need some music to help ya through it!!

For yr11/12 tho, best to drop the music and instead use it as a reward for after finishing study. You’ll get way more done!

All the best to you! 🤠

jiffs

HSC
N/A
Music will distract you (at least slow you down) - everyone’s a little different tho. But for something chill like a little easy math Hw or something, go for it - but do be conscious that there will be a slight trade off in the quality of your study!! But sometimes you just can’t be stuffed, and need some music to help ya through it!!

For yr11/12 tho, best to drop the music and instead use it as a reward for after finishing study. You’ll get way more done!

All the best to you! 🤠
ty!

MonKeHh

HSC
Nope.

Studying with music will make you accustomed to that specific environment so that when you need to use that information for an exam in school, it either becomes hard to recall that information without the background music, OR the music will become an earworm and distract you. However, I do recommend listening to Mario cart music when yu need to quickly type up your essays, something about gaming music makes you work faster.

AsuTeksu

Rising Renewal
HSC
I always listen to music and despite what is recommended, I always listen to music WITH lyrics. I've said it somewhere before, but I have this ability to tune out the words and everything else so it doesn't affect me. I listen to classical occasionally, but it gets boring and feels demotivating.

However, if I'm memorising an essay or doing exam conditions, I don't listen to anything at all.

companionbby

HSC
for some reason, now a days i would listen to spotify's daily drive which incorporates both news and songs. Lowkey useful since i'm a society student and somehow it helped me become more productive 💀.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)