Do you see yourself marrying outside your race? (1 Viewer)

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
Can't be effed reading the last eight pages.

In answer to the question -
I don't see myself getting married at all.
But if I do, I don't see myself basing my decision upon their race.
Race can contribute to an individual's personality (ie. the racial culture may influence them), but isn't the be all and end all factor in a relationship.

hipPo3

HSC
answer to Q:

yes, we're all human anyway..

besides, in 10 or so yrs, we're all gonna be azns ... one race :p

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
hipPo3 said:
answer to Q:

yes, we're all human anyway..

besides, in 10 or so yrs, we're all gonna be azns ... one race :p
i know that's a joke and all but the essence of it annoys me
like the time my friend who is half anglo and half australia got asked

"are you asian?"

my friend: "well im half asian half anglo..."

"i.e. you're asian."

gahhh.

hipPo3

HSC
ur_inner_child said:
i know that's a joke and all but the essence of it annoys me
like the time my friend who is half anglo and half australia got asked

"are you asian?"

my friend: "well im half asian half anglo..."

"i.e. you're asian."

gahhh.
hell no way in 10 years .. i missed a few 0's .. twas a typo cbfed to change so ill say all in this post

its not a joke .. humans will become either indians or azns .. already 1/3 of the human race is so +time = one race.

whites will all die out in time

HSC
a lot of people I know want to be with someone of a different race because they want mixed children. Personally I think it's pathetic to think that way. Your partner shouldn't be chosen like that. It's so much more than that.

i'm personally more attracted to caucasians; it's a preference. Things just click better when I'm with them. It's what I've noticed through the years. Doesn't mean it'll rule out everyone else. I certainly don't go "my boyfriend will be caucasian in case we get married and we have children"

I've been with people of my own race and people outside of it. Race shouldn't matter in the first place. If you're attracted to him, you're attracted to him. (or her) No questions asked.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Lainee said:
My family is the biggest thing in my life right now. I can sacrifice everything for them - even my own personal happiness by not being able to marry the man I love. It doesn't mean I'll stop loving him, I just owe my parents too much to hurt them.
While I respect that your family is the biggest thing in your life (and so it should be), what worries me is how you'd sacrifice your personal happiness if it didn't fit in with your parents' agenda.

Does your mum or dad still do things according to what your
grandmother/grandfather wish?

And back to your example, if the man you love doesn't speak your parents' language, you wont stop loving him. Does that mean you just wont get married, live at home with your parents for the rest of your days? Or would your parents force you to marry someone they like, but you don't like, and hence you'd live the rest of your life with someone you don't want to be with?

To me, what you're basically saying is that "I'm willing to be miserable for the rest of my life as long as my mum and dad are content"

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
I never plan on marrying. But overall, I find asians more attractive than other races.

So I would date outside my race.

Last edited:

spank_meh

add me on MSN NOW!!!!
HSC
hmm well i dun wanna be racist or anything but i cant really picture myself marrying someone outside my race... i just dun find them that attractive i guess they dun turn me on baha nd besides i dun find myself around different races that much sooo yeah...

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
Marrying...Outside Your Race

Ok...relationships and race has been done...how about marrying outside your race?? Would you do it?
.....I know it'll be a hard thing...culture..religion..family..so on....but are there any good examples around where it has worked out? Like people that have not divorced etc...?

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
I dont see a difference between going out with someone outside your race and marrying someone outside your own race. Unless of course going out with someone only means to be with them in a relationship, sex and no mariage.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
What's wrong with starting new threads of topics that have already been done. The discussion is much better when you start from scratch. Adding on to the end of big threads sucks.

You mods are a bunch of fuckwits.

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
argh...mods found an older one.....well i'm in a situation here, i need new opinions!! lol...like i mean has anybody here got family where their parents or their cousins or whatever are happily married to someone from a different country?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)