Do You Support the Death Penalty? (1 Viewer)

Do u support the death penalty

• Total voters

-tal-

HSC
It's only when the people fear the consequences of something enough that they won't do it.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
-tal- said:
It's only when the people fear the consequences of something enough that they won't do it.
thats complete bullshit, if your talking about rational actions, then yes, your right, but most people arent rational 100% of the time, and as already pointed out by some of the more intelligent people than I, most murders are not pre-planned and thought out, they are spontaneous, fear of consequences doesnt come into it.

HNAKXR

Wooooooo...OOOoOOOOoOOoP!
HSC
N/A
i just don't see anything morally wrong with executing murderers and rapists.

-tal-

HSC
townie said:
thats complete bullshit, if your talking about rational actions, then yes, your right, but most people arent rational 100% of the time, and as already pointed out by some of the more intelligent people than I, most murders are not pre-planned and thought out, they are spontaneous, fear of consequences doesnt come into it.
Sure, most murders aren't planned - and in these cases, it probably wasn't maliciously intended. Which means, in my books, I'd call it manslaughter. I don't think the crime of manslaughter warrants the death penalty.

HNAKXR said:
i just don't see anything morally wrong with executing murderers and rapists.
+1

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
IF you're going to say people should go to jail for murder and rape, then why not drug trafficking? Murder can at least be done by accident, or in the "spirit" of the moment. Drug traffickers must put a lot of thought into what they are doing before they destroy the lives of many, and in the case of many drugs, kill many people. NOTHING can hide this from them, so why do they continue doing it? Don't call it fucking manslaughter, because that makes me think that manslaughter is, in some cases, worse than murder and rape. Seriously.

No, I don't support the death penalty.

Colonel.Burton

HSC
for those that voted no to the death penalty

if i chopped your mums head off then raped her headless body and then used her head as a dartboard, i dont think you'd be very happy

but suppose i dont stop there and do it to your sister and countless others, are you stupid for saying no to the death penalty

beheading your mother would be one thing, inflicting it upon your sisters and countless and then GETTING AWAY WITH MURDER BECAUSE STUPID LOSERS say 'no to the death penalty', i think i'd do it again to another family if i got the chance (which is given by the idiots since im still alive)

so use some common sense, the death sentence should be used appropriately in cases such as ed kemper

ASNSWR127

HSC
Colonel.Burton said:

if i chopped your mums head off then raped her headless body and then used her head as a dartboard, i dont think you'd be very happy

but suppose i dont stop there and do it to your sister and countless others, are you stupid for saying no to the death penalty

beheading your mother would be one thing, inflicting it upon your sisters and countless and then GETTING AWAY WITH MURDER BECAUSE STUPID LOSERS say 'no to the death penalty', i think i'd do it again to another family if i got the chance (which is given by the idiots since im still alive)

so use some common sense, the death sentence should be used appropriately in cases such as ed kemper

yes I would feel angry and would probably advocate the death penalty .

But that is the reason that laws are not made with an emotive look at things rather they are made with a practical and measured look at what is happening

Good rehabilitation which ensures that people can once again take part in society is the only way forward

Crates

Banned
HSC
I think people who commit serious crimes should have the same crime committed on them. For example, if someone rapes another, we'll have the state rape them. If someone kills another, we'll have the state kill them. If someone steals a piece of jewelery, we'll steal a piece of jewelery from them.

However, my proposal will not apply for crimes in which people may be willing to try their chances, such as drug importation, or drug dealership.

Last edited:

not.addie

HSC
Crates said:
I think people who commit serious crimes should have the same crime committed on them. For example, if someone rapes another, we'll have the state rape them. If someone kills another, we'll have the state kill them. If someone steal a piece of jewelery, we'll steal a piece of jewelery from them.

However, my proposal will not apply for crimes in which people may be willing to try their chances, such as drug importation, or drug dealership.

YES!!! I full-heartedly agree but there has to be real evidence...like something that makes it certain that they committed that. Otherwise the system would be shitty if it was done to someone innocent.
The solution to that? Electronically microchip/ tag and surveil every person on this earth.

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A
Colonel.Burton said:

Wow thanks for using a retarded emotional anecdotal argument instead of any proof that the death penalty serves any place in a modern society. It doesn't. Don't be a moron.

Pacchiru

like bonnie and clyde
HSC
Crates said:
I think people who commit serious crimes should have the same crime committed on them. For example, if someone rapes another, we'll have the state rape them. If someone kills another, we'll have the state kill them. If someone steal a piece of jewelery, we'll steal a piece of jewelery from them.

yeh but, someone could be accused of killing. gone to court and such and still proven 'guilty'

we end up killing an innocent person.

Crates

Banned
HSC
Pacchiru said:
yeh but, someone could be accused of killing. gone to court and such and still proven 'guilty'

we end up killing an innocent person.
Please. You don't get found guilty of a crime if you are innocent.

Lukybear

HSC
We must rememember, that the court system is not 100% accurate. So if the death penalty applies, are we allowed to take the life of an innocent person?

Pacchiru

like bonnie and clyde
HSC
Lukybear said:
We must rememember, that the court system is not 100% accurate. So if the death penalty applies, are we allowed to take the life of an innocent person?

the whole 'accused of being guilty, while innocent' is quite common.

HNAKXR

Wooooooo...OOOoOOOOoOOoP!
HSC
N/A
melanieeeee. said:
god says no to killing of gods people.
:rofl:

Lukybear said:
Collateral damage.

Last edited:

-tal-

HSC
Tully B. said:
IF you're going to say people should go to jail for murder and rape, then why not drug trafficking? Murder can at least be done by accident, or in the "spirit" of the moment. Drug traffickers must put a lot of thought into what they are doing before they destroy the lives of many, and in the case of many drugs, kill many people. NOTHING can hide this from them, so why do they continue doing it? Don't call it fucking manslaughter, because that makes me think that manslaughter is, in some cases, worse than murder and rape. Seriously.

No, I don't support the death penalty.
Because for murder and rape, the victim doesn't want to get killed or raped. Drug trafficking isn't on the same level as murder. There has to be drug users for there to be demand for drugs anyway.

Drug users choose to have the damage done to them. And the traffickers shouldn't be convicted for "killing" someone when they didn't actually do anything other than sell drugs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)