Do you support the Government's upgrade of Australia's broadband infrastructure (1 Viewer)

Do you support the upgrade of Australia's Broadband Internet Infrastructure

• Total voters

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Can we have a "No, because the way Rudd is going about it is economically fucked up" option?

writer'sblock

HSC
Can you please think of a better policy option after the fact that almost all possible invest fro mthe private sector has dissipated with the global financial crisis? and moreover, sure infrstructrue is under funded in this country, but they're state issues - the state governments have no money.
Child care is an important issue, so is mass transit, education and health.
it is better to invest in atleast this than the nothing under the 12 years of howard.
thankfully education and health could potentcially benefit from this investment also.
if you want those particular areas of investment to occur write to you MP or letters to the editor of your newspapers to cause action.
yes, there are many under funded area, i'm not disagreeing with that. Those areas need investment also, but atleast this is a step i nthe right direction after 12 years of nothing and sell offs under howard.:spzz:

writer'sblock

HSC
And when you say it is "economically fucked up," how so?
you should know how Keysian Economics works?
and that economic development causes economic growth?
and that the conservative estimates that 37000 people will gain job fro mthe building, and that 25000 people will annually for 8 years gain jobs is not any thing economically decent?
$47bn is not that much money as a part of GPG compared to the money borrow for the Harbour Bridge. I think that has increase the productive capacity of Australian, or atleast Sydneysider Society.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Can you please think of a better policy option after the fact that almost all possible invest fro mthe private sector has dissipated with the global financial crisis? and moreover, sure infrstructrue is under funded in this country, but they're state issues - the state governments have no money.
Child care is an important issue, so is mass transit, education and health.
it is better to invest in atleast this than the nothing under the 12 years of howard.
thankfully education and health could potentcially benefit from this investment also.
if you want those particular areas of investment to occur write to you MP or letters to the editor of your newspapers to cause action.
yes, there are many under funded area, i'm not disagreeing with that. Those areas need investment also, but atleast this is a step i nthe right direction after 12 years of nothing and sell offs under howard.:spzz:
- This plan requires 49% private investment. They're not going to get it, especially in this economic climate, as you said
- This plan could have been done for around 5 billion with Telstra, as opposed to 43 billion
- That's 43 billion. 43 billion that could have been spent wiser elsewhere.
- Also, lol, "nothing under the 12 years of howard"? Go back to school.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
And when you say it is "economically fucked up," how so?
you should know how Keysian Economics works?
and that economic development causes economic growth?
and that the conservative estimates that 37000 people will gain job fro mthe building, and that 25000 people will annually for 8 years gain jobs is not any thing economically decent?
$47bn is not that much money as a part of GPG compared to the money borrow for the Harbour Bridge. I think that has increase the productive capacity of Australian, or atleast Sydneysider Society.
...are you serious?

writer'sblock

HSC
I frankly don't know how that could be, he made this country dependant on the corporate taxes of the mining boom! which aply, are currently non-existant and this goes to show his long term good governance. this is utterly poor governance. He could have invested in those things which are ever so important, such as energy, mass transit, new railways, ports, airport, water, telecommunicions, sewers, internet services, roads, or your beloved child care et cetera. poor governace, no doubting it.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
I frankly don't know how that could be, he made this country dependant on the corporate taxes of the mining boom! which aply, are currently non-existant and this goes to show his long term good governance. this is utterly poor governance. He could have invested in those things which are ever so important, such as energy, mass transit, new railways, ports, airport, water, telecommunicions, sewers, internet services, roads, or your beloved child care et cetera. poor governace, no doubting it.
Haha wow, you really have no idea what you're on about, other than what you've been spoonfed at school and about the last 12 years which you clearly have no cohesive memory of.

Hint: what you learn in HSC Economics is in no way relevant to the real world.

writer'sblock

HSC
nothing under howard is an overstatement, i'll give you that, he did improve rural roads. but the sale of Telstra, and its associated issues is a clear issue.
He also did have great financial regulation.
Yea, Keynsian economics, nothing wrong with the public sector stepping in to fill the void created by the collapse of the private sector. well that's my opinion, have we not learnt anything form the Great Depression apart from no more Smoot-Hawley Tariffs again!

writer'sblock

HSC
pfft, I think publications like the Economist and the Sydney Morning Herald do have a certain amount of clout. 10th April News Review, page 2 of the SMH.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
nothing under howard is an overstatement, i'll give you that, he did improve rural roads. but the sale of Telstra, and its associated issues is a clear issue.
Sale of Telstra = good thing.

He also did have great financial regulation.
Yea, Keynsian economics, nothing wrong with the public sector stepping in to fill the void created by the collapse of the private sector. well that's my opinion, have we not learnt anything form the Great Depression apart from no more Smoot-Hawley Tariffs again!
I'm still "lol Keynesian ecomonics". I'm sorry, you lost all credibility there.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC

writer'sblock

HSC
nothing's wrong with keynsian economics - there isn't a term for post behavioural economics government stimuli as no modern economist has written about since the presumption was that the wealth of globalisation that had occured would continue and thus no need. I read that there are some new modern versions of keynes's work for the modern situation inthe economist in november of last year.

11bn in 3 days; that was fast. there appears to be some interest.

the sale of telstra can be argued as good and bad - for simply getting rid of government debt that was stupid. privatisation for competing in the market that was great, but the fact it had so many monopolies i am not too fond of that particular aspect.
I think floated companies are the best sort, as long as there isn't a monopoly.
That's why there isn't any calls to privatise Australia Post.

I want the proposed broardband upgrade of Australia's infrastructure! | Facebook</SPAN>

IS there any one without a strong political leading to just a party?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)