Do you support the use of Torture ? (2 Viewers)

HSC
in wat way am i "dense"
you failed to pick up the clear sarcasm and satire in scissors and nolans posts.

Squires, I appreciate you as a member. The clear and mechanical engineer's mind is something that should be applauded. I enjoy the clarity and confidence, yet also the decency, that underlines your posts .
Cheers buddy!
>:-(

Thanks

i kind of fail to apreciate his nice side
i dont have one >:-( :)

HSC
you probably shouldnt have chosen a close variation of your old username for your new account. a new avatar might be advisable too.

HSC
Nobody has made any substantive argument against torture as a means of punishment

After a shaky start, the ayes clearly have it.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Nobody has made any substantive argument against torture as a means of punishment

After a shaky start, the ayes clearly have it.
Torture as a means of punishment would be awesome. Like capital punishment, except technically not any worse.

Guesss

HSC
Answering the question-> yep i support the use of torture, but only when someones not giving information or as Moll. said "torture as a means of punishment" would be alrite 4 major crimes!

:)

HSC
But we are talking about torture as punishment rather than torture as a means to the extraction of information

Which I am going to assume that you agree with.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Except that capital punishment can be done humanely, torture cannot.
Nah, current forms of capital punishment aren't anywhere near humane.
Lethal injection is generally touted as the most humane. But it's not.
Before or with the injection the felon is given a paralytic and a sedetive so as they are not conscious or reactive to the full (and very painful effects) of the actual poison, which is normally a cardiac arrester. Heart attacks are most certainly not a painless phenomenom.
You'd think that giving them a huge overdose of morphine or anotehr opiate would be easier and more humane, but no, apparently pain is the name of the game.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
But how do you know they have the information you are trying to extract in the first place?

If someone has been convicted of a criminal offense, why does that make it okay to strip them of their basic human dignity and presume that they probably have knowledge some other, potentially unrelated criminal incident.
Death is a highly undignified state of being. It is perfectly reasonable to exact revenge by stripping away the basic human dignity of someone who has done likewise to another human being.

HSC
Nah, current forms of capital punishment aren't anywhere near humane.
Lethal injection is generally touted as the most humane. But it's not.
Before or with the injection the felon is given a paralytic and a sedetive so as they are not conscious or reactive to the full (and very painful effects) of the actual poison, which is normally a cardiac arrester. Heart attacks are most certainly not a painless phenomenom.
You'd think that giving them a huge overdose of morphine or anotehr opiate would be easier and more humane, but no, apparently pain is the name of the game.
If they are unconscious they wouldn't feel the effects of the poison. But you make a good point, because there can be complications with all methods of corporal punishment. An unsuccessful dose of the injection or a shooting that doesn't cause immediate death would cause suffering, proving it to be inhumane. Everything has a fault when you think about it, in the end it just comes down to whether you believe complications in some cases means that the method as a whole is inhumane.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
If they are unconscious they wouldn't feel the effects of the poison. But you make a good point, because there can be complications with all methods of corporal punishment. An unsuccessful dose of the injection or a shooting that doesn't cause immediate death would cause suffering, proving it to be inhumane. Everything has a fault when you think about it, in the end it just comes down to whether you believe complications in some cases means that the method as a whole is inhumane.
Nah, just cos they're given a sedetive and a paralytic doesn't mean they don't feel pain. The effects of pain upon the felon is a relatively unstudied area of science. Only reason they're given the paralytic and sedetive is mostly for the benefit of the executioner and his/her conscience.

Gloves

HSC
please don't use my trademark '3 winks' response in your responses, moll, without my express permission.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
Pretty sure most of us that are arguing against using torture aren't too keen on the death penalty either.
Im against torture, but i do support the death penalty in absolutely extreme cases...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)