do you wear glasses + how much do you study for? (1 Viewer)

do you wear glasses?

• yes

Votes: 127 65.5%
  • no

Votes: 67 34.5%

• Total voters

bettina44

HSC
i don't wear my glasses 24/7 but i really should being that bad cause i get headaches after a while.ohh and mine are bendy so beat that

bawd

HSC
I only wear my glasses when I'm sitting in the back of the class. I study quite consistently, but not when I feel like procrastinating. :)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I've never worn glasses. Ever. And as for studying, in the holidays, I'll be lucky to get in one hour a day. During school days, I only finish homework, so no study.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Is the OP suggesting that wearing glasses is a sign of studying more T_T ?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Haha...well, it's sorta true. Ish. :p
OK, maybe not

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Glasses have nothing to do with how much you study because I wear glasses and I study very very little.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
No, I don't wear glasses at the moment. (because I stopped wearing it 4 years ago)

I study about 7-8 hours a day during holidays. When I go out, I study 0 hour. (that is like twice a week)

11kloseboy

HSC
N/A
I wear glasses all the time. I study like an hour a day average

HSC
Well clearly glasses-wearing people are disproportionately represented here, so there's some sort of link.

I don't wear glasses, and I don't study much either (hopefully that will change, lol). However I read a lot, last time I got my eyes checked the guy said constant close focus like that could damage them long term but no problems yet.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
lyounamu said:
No, I don't wear glasses at the moment. (because I stopped wearing it 4 years ago)

I study about 7-8 hours a day during holidays. When I go out, I study 0 hour. (that is like twice a week)
how do you stop wearing them? Did your eye sight become better?:confused:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Doctor Jolly said:
how do you stop wearing them? Did your eye sight become better?:confused:
No. My eye sights were always superior in comparison to everyone in my family. Everyone in my family wears glasses except my baby brother. So, they forced me to wear one when I was a kid to prevent any deterioration of this superior eye. In Year 6, I got pissed off at losing glasses every 3 months, I just lost the latest one I had and stopped wearing one.

Since then, there have been significant changes to my appearance, so it would look extremely weird if I wear one now.

IMABOYDAMON!

Banned
HSC
lyounamu said:
No. My eye sights were always superior in comparison to everyone in my family. Everyone in my family wears glasses except my baby brother. So, they forced me to wear one when I was a kid to prevent any deterioration of this superior eye. In Year 6, I got pissed off at losing glasses every 3 months, I just lost the latest one I had and stopped wearing one.

Since then, there have been significant changes to my appearance, so it would look extremely weird if I wear one now.
I don't get it, your family made you wear glasses to preserve your 'superior' eyes?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
IMABOYDAMON! said:
I don't get it, your family made you wear glasses to preserve your 'superior' eyes?
Ok, to tell you the truth, my eyes were apparently getting worse at that time (due to 6 hours of computer games + another 6 hours of TV) even though they were pretty good. My mum was worried about that and made me wear glasses from then on.

IMABOYDAMON!

Banned
HSC
lyounamu said:
Ok, to tell you the truth, my eyes were apparently getting worse at that time (due to 6 hours of computer games + another 6 hours of TV) even though they were pretty good. My mum was worried about that and made me wear glasses from then on.
LOL! Forward defence huh?

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
lyounamu said:

I'm the opposite... glasses actually suit me... probably because I have a lazy eye and one is bigger than the other, and the glasses hide that.

HSC
Wearing prescription glasses when you don't need them is just going to make any potential problem worse.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
veloc1ty said:
Wearing prescription glasses when you don't need them is just going to make any potential problem worse.
Well my optometrist said it was ok if I wore them all the time... and I'm not wearing them just for fun... they also help me see things which are of far distance.

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
Yeah, I wear them - started during the SC. I've been told that they make no difference since they're so weak. When I put them on though, I seem to be able to concentrate more. :p Magical item perhaps?

As for study, don't really do much until exam time. I'm trying to get into the habit of studying though. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)