Does a Person's Sexual History Justify Rejection? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Is it wrong to reject someone based on their sexual history, particularly in the context of the prevalent hookup culture?

In a society where casual encounters are increasingly common, the question arises: Should we judge individuals based on their sexual past, or is it time to evolve our perspectives in the face of changing norms? Some argue that rejecting someone for their vibrant sexual history is an outdated and unfair practice, given the prevalence of hookup culture. They contend that personal growth and change should take precedence over past experiences.

On the flip side, there are those who assert that a person's hookup history can provide valuable insights into their values, commitment, and compatibility. They question whether someone's approach to casual encounters might influence their behavior in more serious relationships.

What's your take on this matter? Does the hookup culture impact your decision to accept or reject someone romantically? Would you personally reject someone for being a participant within present-day hookup culture?

liamkk112

HSC
its not "wrong" to do so, if you're uncomfortable or don't like the culture and you're not hurting others by doing so then find someone who shares your beliefs or matches your expectations. i'm not saying that someone can't change but if they are actively engaging in such a culture and u dont like it then its perfectly fine to not want to get close to that person.

personally im not really wanting to get into a commited relationship until im more established / after uni, mostly because im still immature but also because im not really ready. but if i was, i probably wouldn't mind so long as they person is going to be committed in the relationship with me. i also dont hate the hookup culture but i am definetly not a participant in it, like our generation is already pretty antisocial compared to most generations so if u want to be really sexually active then do it idc. im not gonna contribute to the birth rate myself so some other ppl better get to it

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
Would you personally reject someone for being a participant within present-day hookup culture?
yea I'm rejecting someone with a body count over 0, sorry
I think ppl are entitled to their preferences in romantic relationships, as long as they communicate them respectfully there's no need to justify why or why not

edit my preference is no action until marriage

idkkdi

HSC
I think ppl are entitled to their preferences in romantic relationships, as long as they communicate them respectfully there's no need to justify why or why not

woman of god

xoNat

don't worry, be happy
HSC
Is it wrong to reject someone based on their sexual history, particularly in the context of the prevalent hookup culture?

In a society where casual encounters are increasingly common, the question arises: Should we judge individuals based on their sexual past, or is it time to evolve our perspectives in the face of changing norms? Some argue that rejecting someone for their vibrant sexual history is an outdated and unfair practice, given the prevalence of hookup culture. They contend that personal growth and change should take precedence over past experiences.

On the flip side, there are those who assert that a person's hookup history can provide valuable insights into their values, commitment, and compatibility. They question whether someone's approach to casual encounters might influence their behavior in more serious relationships.

What's your take on this matter? Does the hookup culture impact your decision to accept or reject someone romantically? Would you personally reject someone for being a participant within present-day hookup culture?
everyone has preferences I guess so each to their own

I've seen people reject each other based on wayyy more obscure things and people value sex differently so it's fair enough

Luukas.2

HSC
Not being interested in someone because their sexual interests and future behaviours do not align with your values is perfectly reasonable. As an obvious example, person A wanting a monogamous relationship is unlikely to want as a partner person B who wants to set new records for number of sexual partners.

A more interesting question (IMO) is if person P's intentions going forward do align with person Q's, but P's past behaviour is inconsistent with their (now-shared) values. This issue may arise in a variety of contexts including (but not limited to) sexual history around hookups. Suppose P had questions around sexuality, experimented with same-sex activities, and concluded that s/he is only interested in an opposite-sex relationship going forward... Q certainly can reject P on this basis, but is such a rejection in some sense wrong? Similarly, if Q has a history of hookups but now seeks monogamy with P?

johnnnCENAAAA

HSC

dont be sorry
Plus, I met someone else
We're havin' better discussions
I know they say I move on too fast
But this one gon' last
'Cause her name is Ari
And I'm so good with that (so good with that)
She taught me love (love)
She taught me patience (patience)
She handles pain (pain)
That amazing (yeah, she's amazing)
I've loved and I've lost (yeah, yeah)
But that's not what I see (yeah, yeah)
'Cause look what I've found (yeah, yeah)
Ain't no need for searching
And for that, I say

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
Not being interested in someone because their sexual interests and future behaviours do not align with your values is perfectly reasonable. As an obvious example, person A wanting a monogamous relationship is unlikely to want as a partner person B who wants to set new records for number of sexual partners.

A more interesting question (IMO) is if person P's intentions going forward do align with person Q's, but P's past behaviour is inconsistent with their (now-shared) values. This issue may arise in a variety of contexts including (but not limited to) sexual history around hookups. Suppose P had questions around sexuality, experimented with same-sex activities, and concluded that s/he is only interested in an opposite-sex relationship going forward... Q certainly can reject P on this basis, but is such a rejection in some sense wrong? Similarly, if Q has a history of hookups but now seeks monogamy with P?
yeah that's a more complicated thing, when you vibe with someone but not with their past

I don't think to reject on that basis is wrong, a preference is a preference

however I think it's wrong to not be transparent about your past with someone who ur talking to, if ur talking to someone who has made it clear or heavily implied they prefer partners who have not hooked up before, for example, then you need to disclose to them in the talking stage that "hey im gonna put this out there I understand if my past is a deal breaker, but I can assure you my values have changed since then", or smt like that

chances are the person might not care abt ur past experiences and ur both now very compatible, but if they do have an issue with it they're entitled to reject you on that basis, respectfully ofc

johnnnCENAAAA

HSC
yeah that's a more complicated thing, when you vibe with someone but not with their past

I don't think to reject on that basis is wrong, a preference is a preference

however I think it's wrong to not be transparent about your past with someone who ur talking to, if ur talking to someone who has made it clear or heavily implied they prefer partners who have not hooked up before, for example, then you need to disclose to them in the talking stage that "hey im gonna put this out there I understand if my past is a deal breaker, but I can assure you my values have changed since then", or smt like that

chances are the person might not care abt ur past experiences and ur both now very compatible, but if they do have an issue with it they're entitled to reject you on that basis, respectfully ofc
your business is yours and mine is mine
don't comment on my body do not reply

johnnnCENAAAA

HSC
yea cuz they chose to have sex for some duration of time instead of grinding for 99.95 + med tf
It's like you got superpowers
Turn my minutes into hours
You got more than 20-20, babe
Made of glass the way you see through me
You know me better than I do
Can't seem to keep nothing from you
How you touch my soul from the outside?
Permeate my ego and my pride
I wanna love me (ooh)
The way that you love me (ooh)
Ooh, for all of my pretty
And all of my ugly too
I'd love to see me from your point of view
I wanna trust me (trust me)
The way that you trust me (trust me)
Ooh, 'cause nobody ever loved me like you do
I'm gеtting used to receiving
Still gеtting good at not leaving
I'ma love you even though I'm scared (oh, scared)
Learnin' to be grateful for myself (oh, oh, oh)
You love my lips 'cause they say the
Things we've always been afraid of
I can feel it startin' to subside
Learnin' to believe in what is mine
I wanna love me (ooh)
And all of my ugly too
I wanna trust me (trust me)
The way that you trust me (trust me)
Ooh, 'cause nobody ever loved me like you do
I couldn't believe it or see it for myself
Boy, I be impatient, but now I'm out here
Fallin', fallin', frozen, slowly
Fallin', got me right
I won't keep you waitin' (waitin')
All my baggage fadin' safely (my baggage fadin')
And if my eyes deceive me
Won't let them stray too far away, I
I wanna love me (ooh)
And all of my ugly too
I wanna trust me, ooh (trust me)
The way that you trust me, baby (trust me)
'Cause nobody ever loved me like you do
I'd love to see me from your point of view (oh)
Yeah

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A

Beggars can't be choosers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)