Does a student have to be ranked first to get a B6 in a terribly ranked school? (1 Viewer)

War and Peace

HSC
N/A
When I say terribly ranked school I mean around 470-500, with an average of 10-17 students in a class
Is it possible to get a B6 if this is a student's circumstances?

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
No to thread title.

If there's more than 1 student capable of getting a band 6 in the class then you can be 2nd, 3rd or so on and still be able to get a band 6.

However, in a terribly low ranked school, it is probably less likely for a subject cohort (e.g. Advanced English cohort) to get multiple band 6s.

I.e. it's possible but it's not too realistic.

Cleavage

Clarence
HSC
Uni Grad
As somebody who goes to a shit school, it varies lots, you can't say for sure.

For example, my school achieve 1-2 B6's in physics each year. Then last year, we got 6 B6's.

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
It honestly depends on the people in your cohort

It varies every year, meaning that the chances of getting a band 6 do as well

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
My school has been ranked that low - and is now back up into the top 200 - why because we had some weak cohorts who weren't getting Band 6s and then last year we had multiple Band 6's in most subjects - and of similar sized classes to those you are indicating.

enoilgam

HSC
Well, first of all, school rank measures the previous cohort's performance and that can change (especially true for a low ranked school). So you dont have to be ranked first to get a band 6, but if your cohort is weak then you would need to be ranked as high as possible and perform well externally (which is pretty much the formula for getting a band 6 anywhere).

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Well we had 3/10 in Physics get a B6 last year and our school ranking was similar.

Then again only 3 people actually stayed the full 3 hours to finish the exam and the rest left early after about 2 hours :haha:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)