Does any1 regret not bludging enough in yr 10?? (1 Viewer)

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
I do not feel guilty for bludging TOO much.

Yay?

HSC
i reckon you should bludge as much as possible....

i regret not bludging as much as possible....

Last edited:

jest3r

HSC
I regret stressing about the SNAP and ELLA tests back in year 7 and 8... o_o

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
203132 said:
i reckon you should bludge as much as possible....

i regret not bludging as much as possible....
ditto.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
jest3r said:
I regret stressing about the SNAP and ELLA tests back in year 7 and 8... o_o
0o??

Why would you stress about the SNAP and ELLA test???? I just rocked up, did the test, got the results and threw 'em away.

I take it that you're a very worrisome person?

Chachamaru

HSC
Yeah i wish i tried harder in year 10
and the funny thing is that this keeps happening to every year that comes in year 10.
Alot of year 10s this year are probibly bludging to
and now as year 11s we're paying for it.

orly?

HSC
i bluged alot yr 7-10
im pretty depressed atm how behind my maths is
but all the other subjects im fine

Kujah

HSC
N/A
We're having fun :) and Procrastinating more than ever ;)

Jachie

HSC
SoulSearcher said:
Umm, no you aren't.
Um, how are you able to judge? Yeah, Year 11 doesn't count at all, but it's still a lot of work. I have plenty friends who finished school years ago and warned me that the workload in Year 11 is far more intense than what you get in Year 12. My English Extension teacher confirmed that with us just today. But even if you weren't to agree with their opinion, there is no denying that the difference between workloads from Years 10 and 11 is far greater than the difference between Years 11 and 12. AND then there's the added element of every school being different.

Just clarifying that I myself am not bogged down by work at all this year, but i've read similar comments from 07ers so many times and it strikes me as rather silly.

Last edited:

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
Jachie said:
Um, how are you able to judge? Yeah, Year 11 doesn't count at all, but it's still a lot of work. I have plenty friends who finished school years ago and warned me that the workload in Year 11 is far more intense than what you get in Year 12. My English Extension teacher confirmed that with us just today. But even if you weren't to agree with their opinion, there is no denying that the difference between workloads from Years 10 and 11 is far greater than the difference between Years 11 and 12. AND then there's the added element of every school being different.

Just clarifying that I myself am not bogged down by work at all this year, but i've read similar comments from 07ers so many times and it strikes me as rather silly.
I have no disagreement with you about the workload of Year 11. It is indeed somewhat of a jump in workload from Year 10 to Year 11, and then again from Year 11 to Year 12, no disagreement about that.

However, I am of the opinion that there is no direct correlation between how much work you do in Year 10 and your sucess level in Years 11 and 12. Of course, if you did do the work in Year 10, then more likely you will be able to cope quicker with the intensity of the workload in Year 11 and eventually Year 12. But there is nothing saying that if you don't do any work in Year 10, then you will fuck up in Years 11 and 12.

All I'm saying here is that it does not really matter what you do in Year 10, because you can always pick it up in Years 11 and 12, push yourself harder and get the marks that you want, need, deserve. That is of course, if the person is willing to push themselves to do that, to put in the effort. If they are lazy, then not much can be done about it.

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
i wish i could do year 10 again. it was so. simple. :(

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
haha i did bludge most of the other years.

especially year 7. that was like *yawn*

year 8.

Jachie

HSC
SoulSearcher said:
I have no disagreement with you about the workload of Year 11. It is indeed somewhat of a jump in workload from Year 10 to Year 11, and then again from Year 11 to Year 12, no disagreement about that.

However, I am of the opinion that there is no direct correlation between how much work you do in Year 10 and your sucess level in Years 11 and 12. Of course, if you did do the work in Year 10, then more likely you will be able to cope quicker with the intensity of the workload in Year 11 and eventually Year 12. But there is nothing saying that if you don't do any work in Year 10, then you will fuck up in Years 11 and 12.

All I'm saying here is that it does not really matter what you do in Year 10, because you can always pick it up in Years 11 and 12, push yourself harder and get the marks that you want, need, deserve. That is of course, if the person is willing to push themselves to do that, to put in the effort. If they are lazy, then not much can be done about it.
Oh, okay. I completely misunderstood your post. Haha. *meek* I agree with you, then.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
That's a hindsight thought and opinion though. The fact of the matter is not everyone will think that until after they have completed their SC and even with you knowing that people aren't exactly not going to do assessments etc. Yes there are acceptions to any case but on a whole no.

I mean I could say how pointless year 11 is and how not so important the HSC is. Sure if you want to go to uni then yes it is. But all you are trying to achieve is the UAI that will get you into uni anything after that is a bonus. So do you think people will work less just because they only need a uai of 75 - I don't think so.

Jachie

HSC
pritnep said:
That's a hindsight thought and opinion though. The fact of the matter is not everyone will think that until after they have completed their SC and even with you knowing that people aren't exactly not going to do assessments etc. Yes there are acceptions to any case but on a whole no.

I mean I could say how pointless year 11 is and how not so important the HSC is. Sure if you want to go to uni then yes it is. But all you are trying to achieve is the UAI that will get you into uni anything after that is a bonus. So do you think people will work less just because they only need a uai of 75 - I don't think so.
Normally I would completely agree with the hindsight point, but not in response to this question. Since it was, "Why DID you bludge?" then the answer is obviously going to be something you felt during Year 10.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Jachie said:
Normally I would completely agree with the hindsight point, but not in response to this question. Since it was, "Why DID you bludge?" then the answer is obviously going to be something you felt during Year 10.
I disagree. A lot of people may say they 'bludged' but in all reality with the goals, aspirations, marks and parents people have here I really don't think that is true. It has basically turned into a bragging point of sorts, "LOL Iz bLuDgEd And WonZ SC".

Jachie

HSC
pritnep said:
I disagree. A lot of people may say they 'bludged' but in all reality with the goals, aspirations, marks and parents people have here I really don't think that is true. It has basically turned into a bragging point of sorts, "LOL Iz bLuDgEd And WonZ SC".
Well, I can't speak for other people, so maybe you're generally right. I do know that when I say I bludged through Years 7-10, I really did. And my results reflect that. It's not something I brag about, it's just a sad fact. Hence me actually wanting to buckle down this year, so by the time Term 4 comes I'll actually know how to study.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)