Does anyone else suffer this? (1 Viewer)

Epistemophobia

Serenity Painted Death
HSC
I wasn't!!! Really! i was just being sort of sarcastic i guess.. which is kinda what i do. Any ways. I see we do some of the same classes, say, why don't we be friends :)

kel27

HSC
kirschxD said:
My society teacher told the class to be in S&C it's recommended to be in advanced english too. You can be in standard, but you have to really work hard in society.
i actually found this quote pretty true-the top three in my sac class were also the only three out of 10 that did advanced english

cheese!

HSC
fallenstar said:
I love Society & Culture, but all the time I and others who do it receive comments like "that's not even a course" and "bludge, so easy" (of course, said by people who don't do S&C).
It really irritates me because they are assuming that because I don't study Physics, Maths ext 2 or anything stereotypically intelligent, I am therefore stupid.
Blast! Does anyone else suffer this prejudice? (haha)
Haha.. oh yeah. Doesn't help that most of the guys I'm friends with do physis, chem, etc etc. I'd like them to sit down and actually do a s&c test! See how easy they think it is then.

hayleyharlequin

, psychotic synchypnotic
HSC
society and culture is so much more concentrated than subjects like science and maths. as mentioned before, you only need to know a formula, where as in S&C, you need to know and deeply understand theorists such as Marx, as well as the concepts and how they all interrelate with one another.

there are times where i can't even get my head around half the stuff we do. but i do well. :) i got 18/20 on my assessment i just did. yay!

technicolour

HSC
I get it quite a bit and it infuriates me. It requires alot of thinking and awareness of the world you're in. I could sit down a lot of my friends that do science/maths and they wouldn't even know the proper definition of society or what's in today's paper. While I appreciate that maths is hard (I do 2-unit), I think English and Society require a level of deeper thinking.

So if anyone tells you society is soft or whatever, it's bull.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)