Does Five Marks Matter (1 Viewer)

Vinniejaa

Guys/Girls

I got 34/40 for my first econ assessment which was ten % of the year. i ranked 15th though. Does this mean I have already stuffed up my chances of getting Band 6 (around 93-94).

Thankz for yur advice

rumour

HSC
I'm sure you will get better :)

Hey it was only your first assessment!!!!!!!

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
I stuffed my first one up with a 60-ish mark. It doesnt really matter TOO much but you have to make sure your later assessment marks comes in the top few ranks.

HSC
no it doesn't matter if you screw up early on..i was always aorund the middle of the class right up until the trials where i finally reach 1st overall in all assessments...and then i killed the hsc, giving me a band 6

you'll get there..:)

roadcone

HSC
nah not at all.. there is so much more in school assessment to go and then that is only pretty much half of ur mark anyway so its not a problem.. just keep working at it and u will be sweet!

mushroom_head

holey moley!
HSC
ur actually doing pretty well. i remember i got 12/20 for one of my assessments worth 10%, in trials i only got around 80% and had a pretty average overall assessment rank and somehow ended up with a band 6.

yeh..just work hard (and smart), don't expect too much from yourself and u might be surprised by your hsc result in a few months time, like how i was. :)

gibbo67

HSC
i wouldn't think so - i botched my first economics assignment by going overtime in a speech, only got 78/100, but i still came back with eco in the 90's and was my equal best subject

PeT_peT

HSC
Well 5 marks doesn't matter now, but it does matter in the hsc. 34/40 is not bad for your first assesment, my first yr. 12 assessment stuffed up big time. Yet i still managed to achieve my goal. But are you ranking 15/30 or 15/100? becasue that WILL make a difference!

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
yeah i never went over the halfway mark in a lot of assessments for different subjects and i got band 6/E4's for them....

Trev

stix
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
yeah i never went over the halfway mark in a lot of assessments for different subjects and i got band 6/E4's for them....
yer..see!
last yr my ipt teacher told us the highest mark for the ipt "major" project was 82/100, i thought at the time that was totally shit and i thought none of them were guna get a band 6 in ipt, the guy ended up getting 96 and 9th in the state

Aeolior

HSC
Yeah, I agree..

I kinda stuffed up my first economics asssessment task last year. But it doesnt really matter. In fact the first assessments are usually used to give you a taste of whats coming up so that you can be well prepared. The main thing is that if you did quite bad in your first assessment, it doesnt mean you have screwed your chances of a band 6, for I know eco hsc markers, and thus I kind of know abit of an insight.

Just make sure that when you do your half-yearly exam, Trial and HSC, you do good. These three are perhaps the most important. Doing extremely well in your trial and hsc itself will gain you within the band 5-6 range. The first couple of assessments you get in any of your subjects in year 12 only serve to tell you which direction your heading towards, so don't feel guilty if did bad, you will always have the chance to do well.

My second eco assessment is coming up this thursday.

sNiPeR_24

Fo' shizzle
HSC
No way, your first assessment task is definitely not indicative of how your overall assessment will be. Work hard from here on and you'll get good results!

My main problem in economics is not that I'm not achieving good results, it's that the competition is so fierce. For my first assessment task I got 48/60 which ranked me 9th out of 19 students. The top mark was 57/60!! I need to revise heavily before the next assessment so that my rank doesn't get pounded by the super-nerds in my class :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)