Does God exist? (2 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
PwarYuex said:
Ooh I'm so glad you can read everybody's mind. Please, share more of your clairvoyance with us? :D
well there isn't really anything to debate is there? the whole 'god' idea is a bit of a non-starter as far as evidence is concerned, it's just some people can couch their delusion in slightly more intellectual terms than your ordinary church goer

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Re: 回复: Re: Does God exist?

Genesis is just so badass though.
AND the earth was without form and void, and darkness moved upon the face of the deep. And the spirit of GOD moved upon the face of the waters
and GOD said let there be light: and there was light.

HSC
Re: 回复: Re: 回复: Re: Does God exist?

tommykins said:
Obviously.

But the discussion at hand is whether God exists or not, I'd love to hear your point of view as to why you think God exists, without it becoming a "itz 2 personal u wudnt understand".

Really, I'd love to know why you think he exists, but presented in such ways that I can intensively research and discover for myself the ultimate "truth".

ie.(leave faith out of it)
Well i believe, I believe it because God has opened my eyes, but I dont think you will accept that, I dont know i just believe it.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC

want2bdifferent said:
Well i believe, I believe it because God has opened my eyes, but I dont think you will accept that, I dont know i just believe it.
I believe a Flying Spaghetti Monster created the universe, etc. It opened my eyes with its Noodely Appendages. Can you accept that?

HSC

Riet said:
I believe a Flying Spaghetti Monster created the universe, etc. It opened my eyes with its Noodely Appendages. Can you accept that?
i meant accepting that as an answer there is no need for such a stupid form of sarcasm

X

xeuyrawp

Captain Gh3y said:
well there isn't really anything to debate is there? the whole 'god' idea is a bit of a non-starter as far as evidence is concerned
There's a lot to debate with intelligent theists. =/ Just wish there were some around here...

But of course I agree with you, but that doesn't mean I agree with your assessment as to why people believe in god. Unlike your psychic self, I haven't really got enough data.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC

want2bdifferent said:
i meant accepting that as an answer there is no need for such a stupid form of sarcasm
I'm being 100% serious. I just believe that there is a FSM. I know it and have faith in it. Why can't you accept that?

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
PwarYuex said:
There's a lot to debate with intelligent theists. =/ Just wish there were some around here...

But of course I agree with you, but that doesn't mean I agree with your assessment as to why people believe in god. Unlike your psychic self, I haven't really got enough data.
but none of it has any bearing on whether it's true or not

HSC

Riet said:
I'm being 100% serious. I just believe that there is a FSM. I know it and have faith in it. Why can't you accept that?
I can accept that as your beliefs if you believe that, but i doubt you do, even if you did you can hardly compare that to a God.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
回复: Re: 回复: Re: 回复: Re: Does God exist?

want2bdifferent said:
I can accept that as your beliefs if you believe that, but i doubt you do, even if you did you can hardly compare that to a God.
What makes his FSM any worse than yours though? What if his FSM is his God with the same traits that you attribute to your God?

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Re: 回复: Re: 回复: Re: 回复: Re: Does God exist?

Pwaryuex said:
There's a lot to debate with intelligent theists
Forward their arguments then.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC

want2bdifferent said:
Why not?

If I believe in the existence of the Almighty Vegemite Man, believe he is all powerful and all knowing, and adhere to the teachings of a text which I believe to be His word (it could be the TV guide, gee, anything will do), and I truly believe that my beliefs and only my beliefs are the correct way to get me to Lounge Land or whatever AVM's vision of "heaven" is, how is that so different to your God? Why should you not accept my beliefs?

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
PwarYuex said:
Where exactly was my assessment as to why people believe in god?

And what could be more important than whether it's real or not?

HSC

^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
Why not?

If I believe in the existence of the Almighty Vegemite Man, believe he is all powerful and all knowing, and adhere to the teachings of a text which I believe to be His word (it could be the TV guide, gee, anything will do), and I truly believe that my beliefs and only my beliefs are the correct way to get me to Lounge Land or whatever AVM's vision of "heaven" is, how is that so different to your God? Why should you not accept my beliefs?
yeah but the words FSM would be rarely associated with God.
IF he actually believes that then that is his decision.

I said if he genuinly believes that then i would accept that, not as my relation but his.

How did accepting religions even come in to the discussion, when i said accept that i clearly meant that as in accepting the question

HSC

Schroedinger said:
The FSM is the FSM. How DARE you question him. Our faith in him is unwavering, as he tells us it is unwavering. You wouldn't understand as you were not touched by his noodly appendage.

Why are you so disgustingly closeminded?
I am not close minded. From the impression that i get from your posts is that all you do is hide behind science, not willing to explore the things that it can not explain.

Dont call me close minded.

If i am wrong please correct me

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC

want2bdifferent said:
I am not close minded. From the impression that i get from your posts is that all you do is hide behind science, not willing to explore the things that it can not explain.

Okay, what does science not explain, and please explain how religion DOES explain it satisfactorily.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC

want2bdifferent said:

What can't science explain?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)