Does God exist? (3 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Crestwood's_G said:
no actually it makes sense...i dont believe it exists but i also dont believe in 95% of "gods" values...
Pretty retarded rhetoric. There are plenty of values in the Bible that we refer to and abide by every day, without even realising it. If you take away the fact that it's not the word of God, and if you remove the bits about Jesus and stuff, you just have a volume of morality tails written by some dudes a long time ago.

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
katie tully said:
Pretty retarded rhetoric. There are plenty of values in the Bible that we refer to and abide by every day, without even realising it. If you take away the fact that it's not the word of God, and if you remove the bits about Jesus and stuff, you just have a volume of morality tails written by some dudes a long time ago.
yeah morals i learnt being a human...humans just are good...

hsb39

HSC
katie tully said:
That can be used on the homophobic stuff. There are six verses, 3 in OT, which were alongside other ridiculous claims, and 3 said by Paul, where the same thing applies.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
hsb39 said:
That can be used on the homophobic stuff. There are six verses, 3 in OT, which were alongside other ridiculous claims, and 3 said by Paul, where the same thing applies.
Pretty sure it doesn't account for 95% of the Bible, dude.

hsb39

HSC
Crestwood's_G said:
yeah morals i learnt being a human...humans just are good...
You might start a huge argument with "humans are good", I don't know where I stand, but I know that Chinese metaphorical reasoning (comparing humans to something else in order to prove a point, i.e. bullshit) is involved.

hsb39

HSC
katie tully said:
Pretty sure it doesn't account for 95% of the Bible, dude.
? I'm just saying that it can be used against the (very minimal) homophobic sections of the Bible. I'm not involving 95%.

sthcross.dude

HSC
my favourite bible verse is:

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
I'm confused by what you mean.

He was saying he didn't believe in 95% of God's values. I'm saying for the most part, theyre just every day values humans accept and live by subconsciously, and if you take away the fact that it was written to fulfill a religious agenda, it's really not that special or far out.

hsb39

HSC
sthcross.dude said:
my favourite bible verse is:

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
And people say that God doesn't change over the Testaments.

hsb39

HSC
katie tully said:
I'm confused by what you mean.

He was saying he didn't believe in 95% of God's values. I'm saying for the most part, theyre just every day values humans accept and live by subconsciously, and if you take away the fact that it was written to fulfill a religious agenda, it's really not that special or far out.
I was just segueing onto another point, because homophobic Christians piss me off.

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
katie tully said:
i am good not because of the bible...the morals that i have that are similar to the bible are just because i am human...humans share certain morals just because we are humans and our brains are smart enough to think "that is wrong"...

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Crestwood's_G said:
i am good not because of the bible...the morals that i have that are similar to the bible are just because i am human...humans share certain morals just because we are humans and our brains are smart enough to think "that is wrong"...
Yeah der, that was my point you clown.

I said if you remove the religious aspect of it, and look at it purely as a book of morality, then really you don't disagree with 95% of what is in there, because 95% of it is pretty okay. And regardless of whether we've read it, we abide by most of the stuff in there, even if we don't realise it.

hsb39

HSC
Crestwood's_G said:
Yet again, saying that humans are inherently good will bring arguments from Mencius and Xunzi, with metaphorical reasoning.

But yeah, I think that humans can use logic to find their own morals.

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
katie tully said:
Yeah der, that was my point you clown.

I said if you remove the religious aspect of it, and look at it purely as a book of morality, then really you don't disagree with 95% of what is in there, because 95% of it is pretty okay. And regardless of whether we've read it, we abide by most of the stuff in there, even if we don't realise it.
ok i overexagerated what i meant was...i dont need a bible to tell me how to be a good human...

but morals such as anti-gay, anti-abortion, anti-fun just piss me off

hsb39

HSC
Crestwood's_G said:
ok i overexagerated what i meant was...i dont need a bible to tell me how to be a good human...

but morals such as anti-gay, anti-abortion, anti-fun just piss me off
I never understood anti-fun.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)