Does God exist? (3 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

transcendent

HSC
N/A
Re: alpha christians

i wonder if they even TEACH science at religious schools or maybe they just censure anything that might lead to them forming an opinion that might go against the 'word' of 'god'. do you think they use the bible as part of their english syllabus? cause it seems they aren't able to grasp the ideas of critical thinking.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Woah, you guys can type up a bunch of stuff that can be found on wikipedia or otherwise by a two word google search, then add on a bunch of slurs. How wonderfully critical-thinking-ish of you to be able to do that.

davin

HSC
N/A
so, you've got no counter whatsoever to what i said as far as the formation of the earth

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
What exactly do you expect me to counter? It is, as far as we know, the best explanation we currently have for the formation of Earth based on the evidence we can observe. It is probably fairly accurate, though it may be tidied up a bit in the future should new technology/means of gathering evidence arise.

The point is, it's also common knowledge.

A2RAYA

You've done us proud boys
HSC
but what about the big bang itself. how can you, first of all, scientifically explain the idea that all the matter in the universe was packed into a tiny dense ball, and secondly how, out of the blue it exploded and blew out all the matter which then went and formed everything in the universe

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
For the second time, do not use your own lack of understanding as a reason for not embracing science!
dude big bang theory is like god itself, just imaginary.

davin

HSC
N/A
gh3y, by that logic, does this mean i can call you on any post that contains facts taht are online, theoretically? my whole post was written without activly looking at sources. personal knowledge on the matter, not that i just went and looked stuff up and put it togetehr. i try to make sure to source stuff when i use it

i explained it all as apparently it wasn't common knowledge enough

hotshot, the difference is that the big bang theory is based off of studying the universe and trying to understand the principles behind it. predictions have been made on that model that have then been verified. for example, based on the theory of the big bang, a prediction was made that there should be radiation from when the universe became luminous early in its life....a couple decades later this was verified by the discovery of the cosmic microwave background radiation, at nearly the exact wavelength that it was supposed to be at.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
davin said:
gh3y, by that logic, does this mean i can call you on any post that contains facts taht are online, theoretically? my whole post was written without activly looking at sources. personal knowledge on the matter, not that i just went and looked stuff up and put it togetehr. i try to make sure to source stuff when i use it
My post was probably more directed at those following yours,

gobaby said:
"god created everything. like .. duh. and i'm totally right because god exists and is good. DUH. the proof is in the bible! a book written 2000 yrs ago by a bunch of crackheads who worshipped a carpenter. you know, the carpenter who walks on water, like jesus yeah!!!! JESSUSSS!!!! fuck your so called "atoms"! JESUS is the wayyyyyyy"
transcendent said:
i wonder if they even TEACH science at religious schools or maybe they just censure anything that might lead to them forming an opinion that might go against the 'word' of 'god'. do you think they use the bible as part of their english syllabus? cause it seems they aren't able to grasp the ideas of critical thinking.
It was good of you to type all that up to explain to people who didn't know.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Captain Gh3y... it really doesn't appear although your comment was, like you talked about wikipedia etc, you were referring to davin. I have no idea why you would complain about someone explaining something, of course you can find it on wiki/google... but hotshot is too lazy/ignorant to do that.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Captain Gh3y... it really doesn't appear although your comment was, like you talked about wikipedia etc, you were referring to davin. I have no idea why you would complain about someone explaining something, of course you can find it on wiki/google... but hotshot is too lazy/ignorant to do that.
I wasn't complaining about the explanation. It is likely that davin, if he indeed studies astrophysics, has a more technical understanding of everything he explained in general terms so we could understand.

I meant that being aware of this general explanation (which we are exposed to in year 10 science) isn't a good reason for making fun of believers (as gobaby and transendent took it to be) any more than being unaware of it is a good excuse for making fun of science.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
I suppose so. It just seems to me that in any supposed "science vs religion" argument (which in my opinion isn't even necessary) turns into an entire holocaust of straw people.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
HotShot said:
dude big bang theory is like god itself, just imaginary.
you know i laughed when you said to me in another thread that no one respects me.

when i said i was treating you unfairly because I was judging you on your previous posts, i'm referring to the ones you post here.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
you know i laughed when you said to me in another thread that no one respects me.

when i said i was treating you unfairly because I was judging you on your previous posts, i'm referring to the ones you post here.
well thats gud, but dont cry over it,its only a post.

as for daving, u make predictions on just about everything. IT may not have the big bang that caused radiation in the un iverse, there could be other reasons. i personally dont believe in the big bang theory, because it sounds stupid. the big bang did not create the universe, there was already a universe before. the big bang if it did occur, expanded the universe, but, how did the universe exist in the first place? if you keep asking this question how did that exist? and how did that exist? you will find that science is pathetic and so is religion.

essentially, who gives a fuck whether the big bang happened or not. because its not going to happen again. push to the future, i can assure u that the big bang did not create the universe.

davin

HSC
N/A
so, waht you're saying is you don't believe in any scientific theory? please, go jump off a bridge or building. the predictions based off the theories of gravity are just made up, so you might fly off instead of fall to the ground.

i'll have to post in hear again after i hear stephen hawking talk on this week after next as to how the universe has a beginning.

anyway, firstly, there is the potential for the big bang to happen again... theoretically speaking, but its depended on if the universe will continue to expand or not.
second, so, what is your theory that explains the formation of the universe with greater accuracy? big bang may not be right in the end, but its the best theory out there atm. steady-state has some big problems which has led to it being more or less abandoned at this point

HotShot

-_-
HSC
davin said:
so, waht you're saying is you don't believe in any scientific theory? please, go jump off a bridge or building. the predictions based off the theories of gravity are just made up, so you might fly off instead of fall to the ground.
"i personally dont believe in the big bang theory"
davin said:
I'll have to post in hear again after i hear stephen hawking talk on this week after next as to how the universe has a beginning.

anyway, firstly, there is the potential for the big bang to happen again... theoretically speaking, but its depended on if the universe will continue to expand or not.
second, so, what is your theory that explains the formation of the universe with greater accuracy? big bang may not be right in the end, but its the best theory out there atm. steady-state has some big problems which has led to it being more or less abandoned at this point
now, the big bang did not create the universe, i mean the universe has always existed, the big bang caused an expansion (if it did occur) in the universe. Its very hard to believe that a big bang did occur. firstly, what are the chances of it happening? secondly surely if such chances are so low then other things could have better chance to occur.

The big bang theory - is basically scientists trying act full smart and nerdy. Radiation can occur from various sourcres, who knows it might still been there before the big bang.

its only the best theory at the moment because there are only two fucken theories (its not like you have a choice).

my theory, since u asked, lies in the fact that the big bang did not happen.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
"i personally dont believe in the big bang theory"
Yea I get it, you believe in the 'god created the universe theory' which we've already explained is stupid. I mean 'LOLZ LETS NOT LOOK FOR A CURE FOR CANCER! I KNOW HOW CANcER IS CaUSEd! GODDIDIT!!!'

davin

HSC
N/A
so, your explanation for background radiation is what? and so then you don't believe in an expanding universe?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)