Does God exist? (10 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
Is the bible the undisputable divine word of god as it was perfectly passed down to each of the writers of the various books of the bible who managed to get their works included by the many divinely inspired groups who decided the fate of the bible (such as the council of nicea), passed down through many generations and translated by divinely inspired translators who then eventually passed it on, not just the text but the meaning of it, through many divinely inspired re interpretations leading up to our time/your family/your pastor (or what have you) and their divinely inspired interpretations before still remaining the perfect word of god as it is understood by you through your divinely inspired interpretation ???

I really never get people who feel their perspective on their religious text (particularly the bible) is so much better than someone else's
I do not trust peoples interpretation of the bible, nor do i claim that mine is always correct, but before, deciding on what i believe about something, i get the variety of opinions on the issues, discuss it in depth and think about it, look at what the bible has to say about things, from a variety of places in the bible, and then make my decision.

This actually occured yesterday when me and some friends were discussing predestination, we looked at what the bible says in a variety of places and back up what we are saying, much of this , for example if other religions go to heaven, is clear in the bible, and is written very very clearly, there is really no other way of interpreting it other then looking outside the bible

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I do not trust peoples interpretation of the bible, nor do i claim that mine is always correct, but before, deciding on what i believe about something, i get the variety of opinions on the issues, discuss it in depth and think about it, look at what the bible has to say about things, from a variety of places in the bible, and then make my decision.

This actually occured yesterday when me and some friends were discussing predestination, we looked at what the bible says in a variety of places and back up what we are saying, much of this , for example if other religions go to heaven, is clear in the bible, and is written very very clearly, there is really no other way of interpreting it other then looking outside the bible
Lol you prots. Me and my friends decide on the greatest questions of theology by randomly reading a biblical verse and deciding that it's 'written very very clear'.
Next time youre in trouble with the law, forget the lawyers and just google 'crime'. Pretty sure this will give you all you need to defend yourself

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Perhaps not everything which is written in the bible is the word of God? Also, I actually believe on a literal translation that 144000 jews will be going to heaven...

obviously they will at the time believe in jebus, but the point remains.

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
Lol you prots. Me and my friends decide on the greatest questions of theology by randomly reading a biblical verse and deciding that it's 'written very very clear'.
Next time youre in trouble with the law, forget the lawyers and just google 'crime'. Pretty sure this will give you all you need to defend yourself
This was just an example you are taking what is said a bit far, this was just an example of us discussing issues with biblical evidence. Not deciding what is correct about great theological issues.

Tbh things like heaven and hell, and other relgions is perfectly clear in the bible, the only way i could see believing in say purgatory is by going to other sources like the pope

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
This was just an example you are taking what is said a bit far, this was just an example of us discussing issues with biblical evidence. Not deciding what is correct about great theological issues.

Tbh things like heaven and hell, and other relgions is perfectly clear in the bible, the only way i could see believing in say purgatory is by going to other sources like the pope
So what happens to people who die without hearing the word of christ? HELLFIRE?!:burn:

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
So what happens to people who die without hearing the word of christ? HELLFIRE?!:burn:
I am not going to answer this question until i look into it more, i do not want to answer a question which i do not know in detail at the risk of getting it very wrong.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC

Yeah, other sources like those who have devoted their lives to applying the reason-based totality of the Holy word to the everyday lives of people - you know, experts!
Oh but no but they could never know something about God that I dont already think that I know but

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
Yeah, other sources like those who have devoted their lives to applying the reason-based totality of the Holy word to the everyday lives of people - you know, experts!
Oh but no but they could never know something about God that I dont already think that I know but
I do look at experts for there opinions and what they have to say about the issue also within the research, but i am against people claiming something that is either not in the bible or not in-line with what the bible has to say

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I do look at experts for there opinions and what they have to say about the issue also within the research, but i am against people claiming something that is either not in the bible or not in-line with what the bible has to say
The point is that you deem yourself as the ultimate arbitrator of what is biblical and what is not. Another way of saying this is that you believe that you yourself are the only person able to determine truth; i.e. you dont believe in God. It's fair enough to use reason and common sense to find truth, but in your case it's just arrogance. I mean, if a doctor tells you to take x pills, do you walk away saying 'I dont agree because my knowledge of this illness has nothing to do with those pills'???
SUBMIT to Papal authority, treacherous heretic

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
The point is that you deem yourself as the ultimate arbitrator of what is biblical and what is not. Another way of saying this is that you believe that you yourself are the only person able to determine truth; i.e. you dont believe in God. It's fair enough to use reason and common sense to find truth, but in your case it's just arrogance. I mean, if a doctor tells you to take x pills, do you walk away saying 'I dont agree because my knowledge of this illness has nothing to do with those pills'???
SUBMIT to Papal authority, treacherous heretic
In no way do i believe i am the ultimate arbitrator of what is biblical and what is not. I do not believe that i am the only person that is able to determine truth, that is God. I am willing to have my views corrected and i do not believe that i am always right, after all i am a human.

Why would i submit to the pope , i submit to God.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
In no way do i believe i am the ultimate arbitrator of what is biblical and what is not. I do not believe that i am the only person that is able to determine truth, that is God. I am willing to have my views corrected and i do not believe that i am always right, after all i am a human.

Welcome to Catholic:cool:
. . .
nother1 bites the dust! chch
. . .

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
Didn't think I'd see the day but after reading "Mcflystargirl", I'm jumping on the Iron train.

I accept your universal love! :D

Edit: Next thing you know Mcflystar will be picketing funerals :p

Last edited:

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
The important thing is that we all strive to be good.
Good is subjective. Things non-Christians see as good, god sees as bad, and vice-versa.

And also, stfu, as if "striving to be good" is all that matters to christians.
So many times you see someone ask a christian "What if someone doesn't follow Jesus, but they try to be a good person in life?" And they ALWAYS answer "They are human and have therefore sinned anjd have fallen short of god's glory and without accepting Jesus as their saviour they cannotavoid god's wrath!"

But anyway, what's behind your hatred of Christianity, Sylvester? Really. Why are you so angry with God? Care to share your personal experience?
Lol, I don't hate Christianity.

And how can one be angry with something one doesn't believe in?

Last edited:

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
Just finished watching Bill Maher's documentary "Religulous"

Never had that many lol's in my life- particularly the "Cannabis Ministry" in Amsterdam. It's a comical mockumentary, but the interviews do speak for themselves, everyone engaging in this discussion should watch it for a perspective:

Watch Online - Religulous - Top Documentary Films

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)