Does God exist? (14 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

pinkyforce7

HSC
I shall say this quite plainly.

Why don't you.... look back at the few pages on this thread and then post instead of popping your head in randomly and claiming that god exists simply because of: (1) a few alleged (might I also add UNPROVEN) "miracles" or (2)the fact that a random page you turned to in the bible actually answered a troubling question you had (complete rubbish IMO).
I never claimed that God exists. Maybe you should read posts properly. I'm an agnostic, I stated that in nearly all my posts. I don't have reason to believe that a God does or does not exist. You asked if there was proof of miracles. I'm saying yes there is, and then I supported my claim with 1st hand experience. I then went on to say that I neither believe that my experience WAS A MIRACLE, OR WAS NOT. I'm not stupid, any supposed "miracle" could be a complete coincidence and I discussed that. I was using the example to point out that such events DO happen to individuals and could be considered to be miracles depending on the individuals beliefs which contradicts your argument of 'omg there is no evidense of miracles ever happening so they don't exist'.

Or ... why don't you grow up and stop relying on some 2000 year old story book to tell you how you how you should live your life.
lol. Once again you have made a wild incorrect assumption. I'm not supporting Christianity or the Bible and I certainly don't use either of them to live my life in any way or form. I'm merely trying to further the discussion on this board by explaining elements of Theism which some people (ie yourself) have absolutely no understanding or grasp of. It says in your sig, "ignorance is the blight of society". Please practice what you preach.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
I never claimed that God exists. Maybe you should read posts properly. I'm an agnostic, I stated that in nearly all my posts. I don't have reason to believe that a God does or does not exist. You asked if there was proof of miracles. I'm saying yes there is, and then I supported my claim with 1st hand experience. I then went on to say that I neither believe that my experience WAS A MIRACLE, OR WAS NOT. I'm not stupid, any supposed "miracle" could be a complete coincidence and I discussed that. I was using the example to point out that such events DO happen to individuals and could be considered to be miracles depending on the individuals beliefs which contradicts your argument of 'omg there is no evidense of miracles ever happening so they don't exist'.

lol. Once again you have made a wild incorrect assumption. I'm not supporting Christianity or the Bible and I certainly don't use either of them to live my life in any way or form. I'm merely trying to further the discussion on this board by explaining elements of Theism which some people (ie yourself) have absolutely no understanding or grasp of. It says in your sig, "ignorance is the blight of society". Please practice what you preach.
I just took you for a chritian since you believe in miracles.

And also because of the "opening-random-page-in-bible-magically-answered-your-question-thing".

Ahh well. No harm, no foul.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Hey have you ever thought about the human life? The way we get into a living being from dead sperm and egg cells? Don't you think humans themselve are miracles!

I don't know about your religious beliefs. What I believe is Jesus was conceived miraculously. And I know this too many people don't agree with this notion.
They aren't dead you fucking dumb cunt.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
[youtube]qfvCjLgbpy0&feature=related[/youtube]
your feeble defences will not hold out you heathens

fatmike93

HSC
hey Iron, im new to this religion shit, but i have a question. who created god or how did he come to be? i''m sure this question has been raised already in this post, but its too long to read...

if you could just educate me...

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
hey Iron, im new to this religion shit, but i have a question. who created god or how did he come to be? i''m sure this question has been raised already in this post, but its too long to read...

if you could just educate me...
lol how earnest and genuine a question!

The Holy Trinity is both the alpha and omega; the beginning and the end. Ours is a God who is not bound by the chains of time

:sun:

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
Turtles all the way down

it's much more reasonable to believe that entropy can be reversed than there is an interventionist god

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
oh, youre still trying to reason ur way out of this shit hey

embrace true freedom, fren

lonely-lass

HSC
N/A
*Ehem* may I interrupt? God is energy. If some people are really angry to accept the existence of God, they can consider the sole power as the ENERGY!!!!!

And how many of you have read "The Secret"?

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
*Ehem* may I interrupt? God is energy. If some people are really angry to accept the existence of God, they can consider the sole power as the ENERGY!!!!!

If only there was some means as to channel that energy and help run cars and air conditioners... then god might actually be useful.

BlackDragon

HSC

Yes but christians always seem to purport that god has some form of sentience.

And yes, I have heard of the book/dvd, the secret:

This is it:

[youtube]usbNJMUZSwo[/youtube]

Last edited:

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC

http://thingsboganslike.wordpress.com/2009/12/01/37-the-secret/

The Secret is possibly the ultimate bogan film/book. It moves beyond mere self-help-ery, into an extraordinary realm of bogan literary utopia. First, it dealt with the bogan’s need to see the film before reading the book by simply releasing the film before the book ever even existed. Second, it offered a vision of the bogan dream. Most self-help books encourage the bogan to ‘grab life with both hands’ or ‘visualise success’. Not The Secret. The Secret has a secret.

What is the secret of The Secret? The bogan is in on the secret, and has found nirvana. The Secret, as described in the film, is the “Law of Attraction”. This principle posits that “feelings and thoughts can attract events, from the workings of the cosmos to interactions among individuals in your physical, emotional, and professional affairs.” Even better, the film also suggests that there has been a strong tendency by those in positions of power (aka ‘the man’) to keep this central principle hidden from the public.

This successfully targets so many bogan pleasure points that it is truly shocking that there hasn’t been some kind of mass bogan uprising insisting that The Secret become enshrined in the national constitution in some manner. However, awesome bogan conspiracy theories, utter focus on material gain and film/book chronology notwithstanding, The Secret requires only one of its many wonderful traits to reach such incredible levels of awesome. And remember, it’s a secret.

Here it is: if you (the bogan) want something…think reeeeeeeeal hard about it. And you’ll have it! There it is. This is the perfect bogan thing of all time. It is interest free deals to the power of maximum times infinity. In essence, the powers behind The Secret are charging bogans to think. Hence, the bogan may think really, really hard, say, (in the words of the good folk at reason.com) about vigorously cavorting with Salma Hayek on a soft, fluffy bed of Google shares, and they will emit a magnetic signal to the universe that will make their vision a reality.

Now, we could continue mocking The Secret in an attempt to be funny, but perhaps instead we will merely quote – verbatim – the processes outlined in the film (and subsequent book) and let it bring the funny for us:

Step 1 – Ask. Know what you want and ask the universe for it. “This is where you need to get clear on what it is you want to create and visualise what you want as being as ‘real’ as possible.”

Step 2 – Believe. Feel and behave as if the object of your desire is on its way. “Focus your thoughts and your language on what it is you want to attract. You want to feel the feeling of really ‘knowing’ that what you desire is on its way to you, even if you have to trick yourself into believing it – do it.”

Step 3 – Receive. Be open to receiving it. “Pay attention to your intuitive messages, synchronicities, signs from the Universe to help you along the way as assurance you are on the ‘right’ path. As you align yourself with the Universe and open yourself up to receiving, the very thing you are wanting to manifest will show up.”

The bogan puts down the book/DVD and sits back, leaning back into its LazyBoy, gazing at the ceiling. Thinking. Hard. Thirty-five seconds later, after its penis fails to grow, it scoffs disgustedly, gets up, and walks away, and it thinks about what it can possibly do next…

fatmike93

HSC
lol how earnest and genuine a question!

The Holy Trinity is both the alpha and omega; the beginning and the end. Ours is a God who is not bound by the chains of time

:sun:

so god's just there? no why or how? he JUST is?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)