Does God exist? (1 Viewer)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

Ror bones

HSC
Doesn't the fact that there is a discussion about exestince of God make it more likely that God exists.

there is no discussions questioning if flying spagetti monsterisms exists and no one clains to believe in them/it. No one thinks there is a reason for them to exist.

im sure if you ask around you would find there would be people who claim to have reason to believe in God.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Ror bones said:
Doesn't the fact that there is a discussion about exestince of God make it more likely that God exists.

there is no discussions questioning if flying spagetti monsterisms exists and no one clains to believe in them/it. No one thinks there is a reason for them to exist.

im sure if you ask around you would find there would be people who claim to have reason to believe in God.
No, not at all.

Ror bones

HSC
if you want to disscuss the existence of pink unicorns why don't you start a tread about it

i bet you can't prove God does not exist either.

davin

HSC
N/A
so, what you're saying is you believe in aliens, atlantis, every conspiracy devised, the bermuda triangle, ghosts, vampires, zombies, fairies, lepruchauns, bigfoot, yeti, the lock ness monster, sea serpents, batboy, ESP, mothman, mermaids, elvis sightings, and Nostradamous's prophacies as well as God, because there are people taht believe in each one of those things?

the burden of proof lies with you in trying to say that there's something there that we don't really have evidence for.

K

katie_tully

so you think there is an equal chance that God or flying spagetti monsterisms exist?
I would put my money on an extraterrestrial vehicle existing, before I put money on God existing.

crazyem

HSC
Quick and simple. Is there a god!!! Look around you, can you really look at the complexity of this world and believe anything but the fact that there is a god. But i believe you can't pass judement on somethng until you really have a good look at it. You can't talk about a movie until you have watched the entire thing. Mabye you should read the bible and study the religion, mabye even try going to church. (try a church that life about it, it makes all the difference) then if you still have the same view which i doubt you will i would love to see why. mabye you could do it to prove yourself right or prove me wrong.

K

katie_tully

Quick and simple. Is there a god!!! Look around you, can you really look at the complexity of this world and believe anything but the fact that there is a god. But i believe you can't pass judement on somethng until you really have a good look at it. You can't talk about a movie until you have watched the entire thing. Mabye you should read the bible and study the religion, mabye even try going to church. (try a church that life about it, it makes all the difference) then if you still have the same view which i doubt you will i would love to see why. mabye you could do it to prove yourself right or prove me wrong
Gee, excellent argument. Look at your surroundings for proof of god. Everything is complex, therefore God MUST exist. Yet, I personally find this absolutely hilarious because I am gaining further understanding every day, on how and why such complexities exist. And it has nothing to do with a "god". People just prefer to close their eyes and hope that a magical being exists, because apparently that brings validity to their lives.

I passed judgement on Brokeback Mountain before I saw it. I thought it was going to be a long, pretentious load of shit. I then went and saw the movie. I walked out, 2 hours later, shaking my head at what was a load of boring, pretentious shit. Speaking of, I also was raised in a Catholic family and attended mass frequently up until I was at an age where I could think for myself. If anything, the Church was what drove me away from believing in the existance of a God.

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
Ror bones said:
if you want to disscuss the existence of pink unicorns why don't you start a tread about it

i bet you can't prove God does not exist either.

soo...suddenly the lack of proof refuting the argument constitutes its truth?
sik logic. if i cant adequately state as fact 'go does not exist', therefre he/she does? i cant prove aliens, FSM, IPU, loch ness, and so on DONT exist THEREFORE THEY DO :D

K

katie_tully

That depends what you define as 'alien'.

They have found microscopic bacteria and such on Mars, and actually in the upper limits of the Earth's atmosphere. They think the latter is coming from space debris that enters the earths atmosphere, but breaks up soon after.
The conditions on Mars are also quite similar, apparently, to the early conditions on Earth, or atleast the theoretic conditions.

K

katie_tully

The universe is expanding at a phenomenal rate, and it would be ignorant of us to dismiss the notion of life other than on Earth.

davin

HSC
N/A
they haven't found microscopic bacteria on mars, to my knowledge. the only arguement last i read up on it coems from a meteorite that had once been part of mars, but its not conclusive.
which isn't to say its ruled out.... the potential is there, we just don't have the actual concrete proof yet. but then, last i heard, there's 9 places in the solar system they think there could be life, so theres a lot of potential otu there.

K

katie_tully

I am sure I read that they found it on Mars.

I do know for sure that they took Earth bacteria to mars, and it survived. So Mars DOES have the potential to harbour life.

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
crazyem said:
Quick and simple. Is there a god!!! Look around you, can you really look at the complexity of this world and believe anything but the fact that there is a god. But i believe you can't pass judement on somethng until you really have a good look at it. You can't talk about a movie until you have watched the entire thing. Mabye you should read the bible and study the religion, mabye even try going to church. (try a church that life about it, it makes all the difference) then if you still have the same view which i doubt you will i would love to see why. mabye you could do it to prove yourself right or prove me wrong.

who said i havnt had a good look at it??? i know MUCH more on theology than a lot of my friends, religious ones at that (because yes i find it interesting). i HAVE been to church and i HAVE studied religion. i have this view now, and i dont need to prove myself right (see my above post) i merely have to say that there is no good reason to believe, therefore i dont.

maybe u shudnt talk. the hypocrisy and contradicitons of religion are one thing, but primarily i belive that if u have read ANY books on advanced science (physics/chemistry/cosmology/philosphy<--which i realise isnt science) u wud see that YES we are a very very very lucky coincidence, but not impossible. anythign htat isnt impossible will happen. we are concious, and SO arrogant and self centred that we cant get over ourselves, we belive that we must be the reason. god must have made it for us ...

why?

Last edited by a moderator:

davin

HSC
N/A
i won't say i'm absolute on this, but i'd be very surprised if they had and i hadn't heard

mars definitly has the potential for life...as does a handful of moons, they've just not found it yet on any of them

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
katie_tully said:
That depends what you define as 'alien'.

They have found microscopic bacteria and such on Mars, and actually in the upper limits of the Earth's atmosphere. They think the latter is coming from space debris that enters the earths atmosphere, but breaks up soon after.
The conditions on Mars are also quite similar, apparently, to the early conditions on Earth, or atleast the theoretic conditions.

oh yeh im not sayin that i dont belive in other life .. i more ment it as a point of aliens visiting earth etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)