Does God exist? (2 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

crazyem

HSC
like i said a church with a bit of life makes the difference. like any religion there are extremest that turn people away. But should the religion be judged by the fact that some people take it the wrong way. i just can't stand it when people can make comments on a religion that that they don't understand. Old enough to think for yourself does not mean you were old enough to think the truth.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
katie_tully said:
I am sure I read that they found it on Mars.

I do know for sure that they took Earth bacteria to mars, and it survived. So Mars DOES have the potential to harbour life.
no, the best they have done is found patterns in rocks from mars that look like they could have been made by bacteria. so they think it's a possibility, but no conclusive proof

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
"like i said a church with a bit of life makes the difference. like any religion there are extremest that turn people away. But should the religion be judged by the fact that some people take it the wrong way. i just can't stand it when people can make comments on a religion that that they don't understand. Old enough to think for yourself does not mean you were old enough to think the truth."

it isnt the extremists that turn me away .. its the ppl who subscribe to a fairytale without criticizing it and not understanding it themselves. like i said, iv taught ppl abuot their own religion.. the basics like the mary, god, joseph, jesus relationship. HOw can u explian ppl being religious and having no clue about it, other than jus feeling secure in this ''universal truth'
so wat if the church has life? how does that giv it any more validity?

crazyem, why is it that religious ppl are so quick to draw the 'truth' card? i can think for myself but i cant think the truth? how do U know im not hinking the truth, wat if there is no truth? so far no one has PROVEN god's existence, therefore it cant b TRUTH, merely faith

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Ror bones said:
if you want to disscuss the existence of pink unicorns why don't you start a tread about it

i bet you can't prove God does not exist either.
Please read through this thread, your type of question has been answered 10000 times by myself and i'm quite sick of repeating it.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
you know what's great?

that religious types talk to atheists or agnostics like they know jack all. As if they're totally ignorant - not in a spiritual sense, but in knowledge of the religion. They assume we haven't read the bible or have ever gone to church etc.

Yet most agnostics or atheists that I know use to be Christians etc. One of the main reasons why they became doubtful was because they were so engrossed with the religion that they started seeing contradictions, flaws in some rules, gospels, understood the nature of history, and took a step back and realised how far fetched this all is.

People like crazyem really make me cringe. "Have you read the bible??! Gone to church?!?"

Anyway, a person (fundamentalist christian) came up to me recently and went "when's easter?... oh wait... aha.. you wouldn't know".

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
I'm not a fan of Easter; all the eggs and rabbits remind me more of fertility-worship than the Ressurection, a rather pagan sort of thing. Which as you'd know, it was. I wonder how many Catholics remember it was a hijacked pagan festival.

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Captain Gh3y said:
I'm not a fan of Easter; all the eggs and rabbits remind me more of fertility-worship than the Ressurection, a rather pagan sort of thing. Which as you'd know, it was. I wonder how many Catholics remember it was a hijacked pagan festival.
Almost all holidays are hijacked pagan festivals.

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
There can be no definitive arguement as to God's existence or non-existence because we haven't even decided on what god IS. It's a definitional problem.

According to most, God is some guy (or is it sexless?) sitting above he clouds who created life, the universe and everything. Some argue that God is not a "person" per se, but an entity; something like "God is energy", implying that it only exists, but has no consciousness. Others claim that there is more than one God in existence.

As an agnostic, i do not deny the possibility of God's existence, but i believe we, all of us, will never ever truly understand what it is.

Seeing as god hasn't spoken to me, i'm leaning towards the "god is energy" arguement :p. Energy doesn't talk... right?

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
crazyem said:
Quick and simple. Is there a god!!! Look around you, can you really look at the complexity of this world and believe anything but the fact that there is a god. But i believe you can't pass judement on somethng until you really have a good look at it. You can't talk about a movie until you have watched the entire thing. Mabye you should read the bible and study the religion, mabye even try going to church. (try a church that life about it, it makes all the difference) then if you still have the same view which i doubt you will i would love to see why. mabye you could do it to prove yourself right or prove me wrong.
when i think about how perfect the world is that means to me there must have been a god to have created it. when i think about how perfect god is that means to me there must have been a god to have created it

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Well, you can say what you like guys... this is a topic where no one can truly have a strong perspective... since no one has more proof or disproof then anyone else in the argument.

But, as most of you would have known by now... I observe people... to have a general understanding of how they think.

Here is the differences I have made of those who believe in a god and those who don't.

-People who believe in a GOD Usually are more humane.. more understanding (of other religions too) more aware... less "scared"... happier... & beneficial to the preservation of society and civilisation.

-People who dont;

Usually "Feel" less... it seems the further away from god people are... the more irrational they are.....
Some say they "can't" feel anything... my own studies have shown... 41/50 "emo cutters" were atheist. (Emo Cutters are people who cut themselves)

So it seems to me that these people... are further away from the understanding... they bleed... yet don't know whats left... such scary people....

I admit though... i've been in churches... and mosques... temples etc;
For some reason when I step in... I don't feel very comfortable... I don't know why....

Another thing is; when you really think deeply about this subject... you can truely feel the "presense" of god... it's a warmth... as if... the entity is within you.
But, when you think deeply about something which is against the will you can feel like a flush of coldness.. you may not agree... or you may have not tried to feel for it.

Did you know that of the Billions of atoms which the body consists of... it would be logical to say that 100 of the atoms that are in the body at any time... could have in the past been in the body of Jesus (I'sa)...
Especially because of my middle eastern descent... I can fairly say... that at this time... 100 atoms in my body... could have been atoms in the body of Jesus... and 100 from the body of Muhammad (PBUH)...

Theres many "signs" of a GOD... but its hard to "acknowledge" them when you're in a blind state of denial.

Comrade nathan

HSC
sam04u said:
Well, you can say what you like guys... this is a topic where no one can truly have a strong perspective... since no one has more proof or disproof then anyone else in the argument.

But, as most of you would have known by now... I observe people... to have a general understanding of how they think.

Here is the differences I have made of those who believe in a god and those who don't.

-People who believe in a GOD Usually are more humane.. more understanding (of other religions too) more aware... less "scared"... happier... & beneficial to the preservation of society and civilisation.

-People who dont;

Usually "Feel" less... it seems the further away from god people are... the more irrational they are.....
Some say they "can't" feel anything... my own studies have shown... 41/50 "emo cutters" were atheist. (Emo Cutters are people who cut themselves)

So it seems to me that these people... are further away from the understanding... they bleed... yet don't know whats left... such scary people....

I admit though... i've been in churches... and mosques... temples etc;
For some reason when I step in... I don't feel very comfortable... I don't know why....

Another thing is; when you really think deeply about this subject... you can truely feel the "presense" of god... it's a warmth... as if... the entity is within you.
But, when you think deeply about something which is against the will you can feel like a flush of coldness.. you may not agree... or you may have not tried to feel for it.

Did you know that of the Billions of atoms which the body consists of... it would be logical to say that 100 of the atoms that are in the body at any time... could have in the past been in the body of Jesus (I'sa)...
Especially because of my middle eastern descent... I can fairly say... that at this time... 100 atoms in my body... could have been atoms in the body of Jesus... and 100 from the body of Muhammad (PBUH)...

Theres many "signs" of a GOD... but its hard to "acknowledge" them when you're in a blind state of denial.
I want to kill you right now.

davin

HSC
N/A
the main religions all teach that there is a good god and all that. in the past i tried to find that, but when i look at the world, and what transpires in it, i felt it was obvious that there could be no sort of 'good god' involved with the world because no god worth worshipping would let some of the things happen actually happen if he was an interventionist god. 9 1/2 years ago a friend of mine was murdered, randomly picked, he was shot in the head while in a car with his family. from then on, i could not see any way how there could be a god responsible for anything going on on the earth when he lets things like that transpire.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Well, you've got to remember... if you believe in god... then life is a test... and a perfect equilibrium is formed...
Good <=> Evil

The good and the evil... must be balanced...

No one is immune to the influence of the "evil force"...not even eve was.

See, from my perspective that event was unfortunate... and its sad... its horrible when a young kid loses their life... such a miracle it is... to be thrown away...
This is proof of the equilibrium...

The Shooter goes to hell...(eternal damnation)
Your friend goes to heaven...(eternal happiness)

However, I don't blame you for feeling this way... atleast you have a more valid point for "not-believing god" then i do for being "believing god".

Sometimes its easier to believe religion though... and its more beneficial to society... don't you agree?

I know, I know... theirs always exceptions...

WW2;
Salem witch trials;
Terrorism;
"Holy Wars";
9/11;
It goes on and on....;

But it's better then a society with no morals... right?

Generator

HSC
N/A
sam04u said:
But it's better then a society with no morals... right?
Funnily enough, 'moral behaviour' isn't the exclusive domain of religion, sam.

gerhard

HSC
sam04u why thank you for that interesting correlation report on cutting yourself and believing in god

ive also found a correlation, between coherence in posting and religious belief

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Yeah; It's funny right? The religious people don't understand you because you're 5 centuries ahead of them... and you don't understand me because im 5 centuries ahead of you.....

Imbeciles...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)