Does God exist? (6 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
I believe that God created humans in there current form, i don't think we have evolved at all, although other animals might of.
So wait... Humans are exempt from evolution, but other animals are not? If we were placed in a completely different environment than what we are used to, how would we be able to adapt, if we are exempt from evolution?

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
I believe that God created humans in there current form, i don't think we have evolved at all, although other animals might of.
...there is MULTITUDES of proof that we and the great apes share a common ancestor, and thus we evolved. It's right there in our DNA! Or don't you believe in DNA?

Captin gay

Supremacist.
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
For the love of God read a basic science book

Edward Teach

Blackbeard!
HSC
N/A
how do you explain human true tails (atavisms)?
how do you explain ERVs in the same place in our DNA?
how do you explain... you don't you just ignore it and say "I believe x" anyway

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Enteebee said:
Evolution is probably one of the best scientific theories we have, it's even supported by mathematics.
Well said.

HSC
Uni Grad
darkliight said:
Ok, so that is over less than 100 years (as an absolute upper bound).

Now imagine what changes might accumulate over 10 times that time, 1000 years.

What about, a hundred times that time, 10,000 years?
A thousand times? 100,000 years?
What about thirty seven million times that time? 3,700,000,000 years?

You must at least see the plausibility of common descent here, right? There are enough ways for changes to happen, there is natural selection, and there is enough time. Even if common descent is wrong, it's at least plausible. But, given all the evidence for it, we hit the realm of probable. In fact, the evidence is so compelling and there is so much of it, it's pretty much a given in the scientific community.

But it seems like you're saying x organism didn't change much in a very short time, therefore x organism can't change very much in a very long time, and that seems like a massive fault in logic. I just don't get it. That you're willing to tell the worlds experts you think you understand this better than them makes me really think it's you that doesn't get this. Did that ever occur to you? Did you ever think that maybe you really should just defer to the experts here? I imagine you would if it was your doctor, your solicitor, your plumber, etc. even if you did have a crack at reading what they're reading.
Well I haven't said much other than puncuated equillibrium isn't plausible. Perhaps you're right, I don't really fully understand it, or there is some confusion in my thinking. Heh, I'd do well in a debate with Richard Dawkins *cough* *chough* let alone my Biology teacher who probably wouldn't like me after that.

emytaylor164 said:
Now that's new. I've never heard of that one before, what kind of creationsim would you call that? If you call it that.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
emytaylor164 said:
Can you be more specific Em? Do you mean not evolved at all?

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I think the problem is that both punctuated and phyletic forms of evolution occur, so it's indeed wrong to try and push one theory over the other.

The Eagle456840 said:
Now that's new. I've never heard of that one before, what kind of creationsim would you call that? If you call it that.
Spacktardism.

Stevo.

no more talk
HSC
So neither exist, and neither do you because you're not mentioned in the Bible.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Schroedinger said:
I don't believe in the theory of ballet
Because you have never danced. Once you learn , you will.
Have some Grace ,Shroe.

irnirn

HSC
It's complicated talking about God.
I believe that God exists and that he/she is invincible.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
irnirn said:
It's complicated talking about God.
I believe that God exists and that he/she is invincible.
I believe in all sorts of crazy shit too.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Stevo. said:
So neither exist, and neither do you because you're not mentioned in the Bible.
Actually... I think Diana is mentioned...though not in a very nice way.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
do you mean the statue of artemis in ephesus lol?

Acts 19:23-28 said:
About that time there arose a great disturbance about the Way. A silversmith named Demetrius, who made silver shrines of Artemis, brought in no little business for the craftsmen. He called them together, along with the workmen in related trades, and said: "Men, you know we receive a good income from this business. And you see and hear how this fellow Paul has convinced and led astray large numbers of people here in Ephesus and in practically the whole province of Asia. He says that man-made gods are no gods at all. There is danger not only that our trade will lose its good name, but also that the temple of the great goddess Artemis will be discredited, and the goddess herself, who is worshiped throughout the province of Asia and the world, will be robbed of her divine majesty."

When they heard this, they were furious and began shouting: "Great is Artemis of the Ephesians!"
Acts 19:34 said:
But when they realized he was a Jew, they all shouted in unison for about two hours: "Great is Artemis of the Ephesians!"
lol it seems a bit inane that they would shout non-stop for two hours

Last edited:

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
inasero said:
do you mean the statue of artemis in ephesus lol?
Yes..with the thousands of bosoms.
They preached a message at my church about how Satan was unleashing the same immoral spirit of Diana at present in the world. How horrifying :(

Last edited:

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
inasero said:
hi all what's cracking
I was waiting around for your thoughts on my comments about your perception of flaw in the theory of evolution (in particular my suggestion that to claim that the theory is flawed on the basis of an incomplete fossil record is to fundamentally misunderstand scientific method).

Until then I don't have a lot to add.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)