Does God exist? (1 Viewer)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
Lukybear said:
Isnt this ironic? The fact people here use philosophical reasoning to disprove an omnipotent being. We must keep in mind that omnipotence is beyond human comprehension, beyond the laws of physics and beyond philosophical arguments.

If that there is truly a God, (I belive so very much), then in his presence philosophy, science and logistics are pointless.
God's best friend is that way too.

Lukybear

HSC
Enteebee said:
If there is a G-d then I agree she seems necessarily outside of human comprehension... As is any supernatural explanation imo. The point being, you say you believe in God, yet there is no more reason to believe in God than to believe in fairies and this is entirely illogical.
Actually there is very much reason to belive in God. In Christianity, belivers, or those who are saved are chosen by God. (Somewhere in 1 or 2 Corinthians in the Bible. No idea where.)

The fact is that He choose some people, and not others which is irrational by our logic. Those who He chooses to save are rejuvinated by the Holy Spirit, which is why I really belive. (The doctrines in Christianity are vary hard to explain so I recommand you going to a church.)
Also believing in fairies is complete absurd:hammer: ,(I noe it seems hypocritical) but however Angels of the Lord is complete rational. The beliefs in entities other then human beings comes back to the creations of God, as written in the Bible that Angels are real. Wheres I belive in Angels and Demons, I fail to believe the flying spagetti monster, because in no where does He tell us that he created a flying spagetti monster.

PS: Are you trying to annoy me by using "SHE"??

Last edited:

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Lukybear said:
Actually there is very much reason to belive in God. In Christianity, belivers, or those who are saved are chosen by God. (Somewhere in 1 or 2 Corinthians in the Bible. No idea where.)

The fact is that He choose some people, and not others which is irrational by our logic. Those who He chooses to save are rejuvinated by the Holy Spirit, which is why I really belive. (The doctrines in Christianity are vary hard to explain so I recommand you going to a church.)
Also believing in fairies is complete absurd:hammer: ,(I noe it seems hypocritical) but however Angels of the Lord is complete rational. The beliefs in entities other then human beings comes back to the creations of God, as written in the Bible that Angels are real. Wheres I belive in Angels and Demons, I fail to believe the flying spagetti monster, because in no where does He tell us that he created a flying spagetti monster.

PS: Are you trying to annoy me by using "SHE"??
You have no way of knowing whether your divine sensation of God isn't a delusion or at the very least if you feel you do, then you have no right to say someone who experiences fairies is suffering a delusion.

I think you're another troll -_-

Lukybear

HSC
Well I hope my sensation of God is real.

1. I am not saying that fairy expereiences are delusional. I am merely saying, coming into the face of God he is omnipotent, scientific, logistic and philosophical reasoning is rendered void. You asked for a way of disproving fairies, I told you doctrines of God. Unless fairies are omnipotent then my arguement is valid.

I think you would consider my above comment ignorant, however its my faith.
+I think my whole point here is an argument against God is an arguement against the philosphy of Skepticism. One cannot prove whether reality is reality.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
It's not because God is omnipotent that we can't measure him... I mean if an omnipotent being exists he could surely somehow make it possible for us to measure him if he really wanted to, it's really not that aspect of God that makes him beyond our capability of understanding. The real reason why God is outside of the scope of our investigation is because he's supernatural. A fairy could potentially have a property which makes it unable to be detected by empirical means.

Also, if God is 'beyond our comprehension' wtf is everyone talking about when they talk about God anyway? They're making a guess, which may be wrong or may be right but which as he lies outside of our reality is likely to be highly flawed.

One cannot prove whether reality is reality.
I never claim to, I claim to argue for the best provisional reality.

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
Lukybear said:
+I think my whole point here is an argument against God is an arguement against the philosphy of Skepticism.
How so?

Also, did you hear about that idea which defies comprehension?

Lukybear

HSC
Enteebee said:
It's not because God is omnipotent that we can't measure him... I mean if an omnipotent being exists he could surely somehow make it possible for us to measure him if he really wanted to, it's really not that aspect of God that makes him beyond our capability of understanding. The real reason why God is outside of the scope of our investigation is because he's supernatural. A fairy could potentially have a property which makes it unable to be detected by empirical means.
Gods irrationality comes from omnipotence. All powerful means making 2 + 2 =5. We cannot comprehend this equation no matter how hard we try, its just beyond our knowledge, our logic. Thus if he didnt want us to find Him then we cannot find Him.

Enteebee said:
Also, if God is 'beyond our comprehension' wtf is everyone talking about when they talk about God anyway? They're making a guess, which may be wrong or may be right but which as he lies outside of our reality is likely to be highly flawed.
Again, coming back to my main arguement. If his OMNIPOTENT then He does what He wants. The old cliche, "God works in mysterious ways" has its point.

Enteebee said:
I never claim to, I claim to argue for the best provisional reality.
But your arguing against God, which is analogus to skeptism, in theres no way to disprove it?

Last edited:

Olwen

HSC
PwarYuex said:
That's pretty idiotic. Disbelieving in god because you hate religion is really not an argument at all.
well, i think that that's stupid.. of corse its a good argument..
if you hate or do not believe in religio, then you can't possibly believe in god, coz religion is the only proof of a god...

personally i believe religion is man's creation of how the world should be run

and i therefor do not believe in god

i do however believe that it is the right for everyone to decide for themselves. and if someone believes that god exists, then he does for them...

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
Lukybear said:
Gods irrationality comes from omnipotence. All powerful means making 2 + 2 =5. We cannot comprehend this equation no matter how hard we try, its just beyond our knowledge, our logic. Thus if he didnt want us to find Him then we cannot find Him.
Perhaps god exists and doesn't exist?

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Yeah, if he didn't want us to find him... so it's that aspect, the aspect that he can make himself undetectable which truly places God beyond our capability. This is no better than saying a fairy is undetectable, it truly isn't.

Again, coming back to my main arguement. If his OMNIPOTENT then He does what He wants. The old cliche, "God works in mysterious ways" has its point.
He's meant to be beyond our comprehension, yet you seem to have a heap of answers about his nature. IMO you have no answers about the subject of God, omnipotence its self seems rather difficult to pin down. It may indeed be true, but as a mortal existing in this reality and only at best having recourse to my understanding any perspective I have on a being outside of it is just a guess and likely to be a rather meaningless one. Do contradictions work on God? If not then what are we even talking about? Any concept I have is meaningless and the discussion of such a being, or realm or whatever is also meaningless... white noise.

In order to argue for provisional reality, one must disprove skeptism, well thats how i see it anywaz.
Quite the opposite actually, I embrace a rather skeptical ultimate epistemology while also having set up some workable axioms to understand a provisional reality.

not.addie

HSC
Olwen said:
well, i think that that's stupid.. of corse its a good argument..
if you hate or do not believe in religio, then you can't possibly believe in god, coz religion is the only proof of a god...

God and religion can be considered in two different view points. Personally I do not believe in a religion: I set my own values that I believe reflect me more personally. And yet I do believe in God- but I will never know what They are truly like.
Meaning that you do not believe in religion, does not mean that you don't believe in God- thats a misconception.

Lukybear

HSC
Enteebee said:
Quite the opposite actually, I embrace a rather skeptical ultimate epistemology while also having set up some workable axioms to understand a provisional reality.
It seems, this arguement has gone out of my league here, if I knew what you mean then I would argue, otherwise...

But one must admit, if skeptism is unable to be rendered void, then God cannot be disproven. Same logics apply even if its a minute chance. Hence I belive, I've proven my point at the begnning, that in the presence of an Omnipotent being meaning God, logics, philosphy and science and invalid.

Whether you belive in the Christian God is out of my reach to sway, however I truely hope you get to see his grace. The only way in which to be reached by God, is not by science or philosphy, but by His works. Mabey if one of you has seen his grace, mabey visted a church, you might be less skeptical.

Last edited:

not.addie

HSC
Lukybear said:
It seems, this arguement has gone out of my league here.

But one must admit, if skeptism is unable to be rendered void, then God cannot be disproven. Same logics apply even if its a minute chance. Hence I belive, I've proven my point at the begnning, that in the presence of an Omnipotent being meaning God, logics, philosphy and science and invalid.

Whether you belive in the Christian God is out of my reach to sway, however I truely hope you get to see his grace. The only way in which to be reached by God, is not by science or philosphy, but by His works. Mabey if one of you has seen his grace, mabey visted a church, you might be less skeptical.
I spent a month living with Jehovah's Witnesses and am still as sceptic as ever.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
So the argument for the existence of God is that it's possible? That puts it on par with fairies.

I've proven my point at the begnning, that in the presence of an Omnipotent being meaning God, logics, philosphy and science and invalid.
But it's not "in the presence of an omnipotent being", unless for some reason their omnipotence doesn't extend to making it possible for science, logic etc to be valid also. What it is, is that you've granted such an omnipotent being the power of being 'unknowable' or 'undetectable'... essentially I can then give such a trait to any other supernatural being and claim that it exists.

I truely hope you get to see his grace.
So do I, I truly do.

The only way in which to be reached by God, is not by science or philosphy, but by His works
How do you know?

BTW I've been to plenty of churches, born and raised catholic - private school boy and all that jazz.

Lukybear

HSC
not.addie said:
I spent a month living with Jehovah's Witnesses and am still as sceptic as ever.
You did read how I said the Christian God. Also if God dosent want you, you'll never belive no matter how hard you try? Its written in the bible that He chooses us, its not your choice. I am not saying God dosent want you, as I said he works in mysterious ways.:karate: (no idea how to do happy face...)

not.addie

HSC
Lukybear said:
You did read how I said the Christian God. Also if God dosent want you, you'll never belive no matter how hard you try? Its written in the bible that He chooses us, its not your choice. I am not saying God dosent want you, as I said he works in mysterious ways.:karate: (no idea how to do happy face...)
He chooses you? As in, like a wand from Harry Potter?

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Lukybear said:
Is your God an asshole... since it was his choice for me to go to hell? If I created sentient beings and I then treated them like garbage, personally I think that'd make me a monster.

Olwen

HSC
not.addie said:
God and religion can be considered in two different view points. Personally I do not believe in a religion: I set my own values that I believe reflect me more personally. And yet I do believe in God- but I will never know what They are truly like.
Meaning that you do not believe in religion, does not mean that you don't believe in God- thats a misconception.
but don't you realise the only proof of god is religion, and if you are unable to believe what religion preaches then how can you possibly believe that there is a god...?

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Olwen said:
but don't you realise the only proof of god is religion, and if you are unable to believe what religion preaches then how can you possibly believe that there is a god...?
She has a 'personal relationship' (or experience, or belief or whatever) with G-d. She considers that the religions she knows of do not accurately represent her understanding of God, so she is not an adherent to any religion.

Lukybear

HSC
Enteebee said:
So the argument for the existence of God is that it's possible? That puts it on par with fairies.
So your saying philosphy is on par with fairies?? Cause skeptism is philosphy, using logic...

Enteebee said:
But it's not "in the presence of an omnipotent being", unless for some reason their omnipotence doesn't extend to making it possible for science, logic etc to be valid also. What it is, is that you've granted such an omnipotent being the power of being 'unknowable' or 'undetectable'... essentially I can then give such a trait to any other supernatural being and claim that it exists.
1. If God is omnipotent, then He can be right next to me, and I might not know it? No?
2. Well, yes you can, but would YOU belive it?? As I have faith in God? If you said the flying spagetti monster is omnipotent, will it get half of the world worshiping it? Alike Christianity?

Enteebee said:
So do I, I truly do.
O yea me too:)

Enteebee said:
BTW I've been to plenty of churches, born and raised catholic - private school boy and all that jazz.
Sometimes, religion and God are very different.

O Yea, I am not saying, that alot of people are christian, therefore God is real. That would be illogical:) . However somethings right isnt it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)