Does God exist? (2 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

Communist Panda

HSC
You can never prove whether or not God exists, but if people believe in him/her/it/Chuck Norris, and it makes them more considerate people then there is nothing wrong with it. But when people start using faith as an excuse to be really crap to other people (i.e. extremists) then it calls into question what the point is. Religion isn't meant to be a way to explain the universe, but a set of moral guidelines on how to treat people. Most faiths have good principles but many idiots assume that they are powerful and can flaunt these principles to encourage more people to join their faith undermining the entire purpose of its existance.

hsb39

HSC
Epistemophobia said:
do i exist...? can someone tell me, cause shit, i have no idea.
I can't really prove that for you. I'll use the help of Descartes "I think therefore I am". Basically each individual can prove its own existence by the fact that they are thinking about it, if you are in a Matrix-like place, you might not look like what you look like and all of the people around you might not exist but the fact that you are thinking about whether you exist or not proves that you exist. Of course I cannot prove that you are thinking under Descartes earlier meditations (his later ones were a bit fuzzy as he basically said "I think therefore God exists").

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
hsb39 said:
I can't really prove that for you. I'll use the help of Descartes "I think therefore I am". Basically each individual can prove its own existence by the fact that they are thinking about it, if you are in a Matrix-like place, you might not look like what you look like and all of the people around you might not exist but the fact that you are thinking about whether you exist or not proves that you exist. Of course I cannot prove that you are thinking under Descartes earlier meditations (his later ones were a bit fuzzy as he basically said "I think therefore God exists").
But what is the nature of the 'I' whose existence is demonstrated by Descartes?

city.sk

HSC
well of coz god exists. because everything is being created by god and you cant deny it. only idiots would believe evolution or big bang theory. use your brain and think about it, our earth is just right for living things to survive. you think that is a coincidence? as god said in the bible, you seek and you will find and see. if you dont even believe in him how can u say "i dont think god exist"

HalcyonSky

HSC
city.sk said:
well of coz god exists. because everything is being created by god and you cant deny it. only idiots would believe evolution or big bang theory. use your brain and think about it, our earth is just right for living things to survive. you think that is a coincidence? as god said in the bible, you seek and you will find and see. if you dont even believe in him how can u say "i dont think god exist"
ur first troll attempt attracted 0 replies
your second one wasnt much better

come back later and try again

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
city.sk said:
Troll?
Please say yes. Because your understanding of evolution and cosmology is dismal at best.
But let's give a brief counter-argument:
There are millions of stars in the sky, and probably many more that we don't know about in far off galaxies. If we use our solar system as a rough guide, there would be tens or hundreds of millions orbiting bodies around these stars. So even were the chances of our planet being in the "Goldilocks" zone (the area with perfect heat and radiation levels for life) and being of large enough size and mass about 1 in a million, that would leaves several score of planets that are inhabitable.
In short: It's nothing to do with coincidence, it's simply inevitability.

And i don't even know why i bother anymore to be honest.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
HalcyonSky said:
ur first troll attempt attracted 0 replies
your second one wasnt much better

come back later and try again
At least in the communist thread we can tell when they're trolling.
Can't be too sure with christians.

And i'm bored.
And procrastinating.
And curious as to what answer they give.

HSC
moll. said:
At least in the communist thread we can tell when they're trolling.
Can't be too sure with christians.
While any one of his arguments are stock, put them all together in the space of 3 lines and it's painfully obvious. Usually it takes more convoluted reasoning to reach the arguments.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
veloc1ty said:
While any one of his arguments are stock, put them all together in the space of 3 lines and it's painfully obvious. Usually it takes more convoluted reasoning to reach the arguments.
True, but boredom keeps me from bothering to look.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
henry08 said:
God does not fucking exist. This thread can now be locked.
What happened to coming and owning the lot of us?

heybashme

HSC
you guys believe that science is the end all of all right so what does the law of biogenesis say???? emphasising the word LAW here as people in the scientific community would know it meant that it has actually been proven by scientists... unlike say the theory of relativity by einstien

so what does it say???

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
heybashme said:
you guys believe that science is the end all of all right so what does the law of biogenesis say???? emphasising the word LAW here as people in the scientific community would mean that it has actually been proved by scientists... unlike say the theory of relativity by einstien

so what does it say???
Cbf typing it into wikipedia.

heybashme

HSC
Biogenesis is the process of lifeforms producing other lifeforms, e.g. a spider lays eggs, which develop into spiders.
The term is also used for the assertion that living matter can only be generated by other living matter
DIRECT QUOTE

so how from the Big Bang could we have been created arent proton neutrons etc all the sub-atomic particles non-living?? whats up with that?

BackCountrySnow

HSC
henry08 said:
God does not fucking exist. This thread can now be locked.
who is more stupid, the person who is certain god exists or the person who is certain he doesn't?

how can you post/talk/rant with any conviction on a topic which cannot be proved nor disproved?

heybashme

HSC
Once you experience Him in your life you will understand......just hope one day you do.....gonna go study now thats my two cents worth

HalcyonSky

HSC
heybashme said:
Once you experience Him in your life you will understand......just hope one day you do.....gonna go study now thats my two cents worth
thanks for your input, i hope you fail your HSC

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
heybashme said:
Biogenesis is the process of lifeforms producing other lifeforms, e.g. a spider lays eggs, which develop into spiders.
The term is also used for the assertion that living matter can only be generated by other living matter
DIRECT QUOTE

so how from the Big Bang could we have been created arent proton neutrons etc all the sub-atomic particles non-living?? whats up with that?
Depends on your definition of living.
And are you questioning how the Big Bang is possible or how life on Earth is possible?

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
heybashme said:
so
um
by experience do you mean, he consummated the union?
cool. god's a paedo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)