Does God exist? (2 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

Leo 100

HSC
N/A
hey i got this website that you should all check out
its a movie and goes for 2 hours but its so worth watching
if you are really religious, um, dont watch it.
i dont agree with everything they say, but it really raises some issues
let me know what you think

there is supposed to be this second one called end game, but i havent seen it yet.

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
heybashme said:
ahhhh thanks for the constructive critcism....i was willing for someone to correct me.... ok now i know you cant compare those two but still how come there is no evidence for an increase in genetic infromation .... as i said before if you could find me a legitimate link send it... which is vital for evolution...or we would supposedly still be monkeys??

But your a medical science student arent you that Down syndrome is it not from a defect in your gene pool / DNA.... i know they prob aint the same thing but you get my point as i said im no biologist
What you're asking doesn't make sense! If you know you can't compare the two, why did you?

You're harping on with the usual creationist shit, but if you want a link to some information, this website has about 45 links that should be of interest to you.
http://home.nctv.com/jackjan/item13.htm

I don't get what you're referring to with Down Syndrome. I just said that Down Syndrome is caused by a nondisjunction of chromosomes during meiosis, you can't do a genetic test to determine whether a parent is going to give their kid Down Syndrome because it's not inheritable in that sense, unlike Huntingtons Disease. Of course other factors contribute to the chances of Down Syndrome, but you can't 'inherit' it like that.

Thus I'm not sure why you're insisting that we screen for defects in the gene pool when it's caused by a nondisjunction DURING MEIOSIS.

HNAKXR

Wooooooo...OOOoOOOOoOOoP!
HSC
N/A
I believe in evolution but i dont believe humans and apes share a common ancestor for reasons which i cant be fucked writing up. Establishing the origin of a species is near fucking impossible.

I swear too much.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
veloc1ty said:
Depends on their reasoning, of course.

Not fans of people who sit on the fence just because of the small problem of absolute [dis]proof being technically impossible.
Well it's ignorant to be absolutely sure that there is or isn't a god. It isn't a matter of which side of the fence you are on. Why should someone believe or disbelieve that there is a god when there is no proof either way?

moll. said:
My reply is: "We don't just cease to exist when we die. We rot. We break down into tiny little molecules too. We turn into dust, just like that rock."
but we lose all consciousness... where do WE go?

heybashme

HSC
i didnt know until you told me we couldnt. Thanks for the site ill read it once i finish my hsc. But i really have to go study right now. i know a bunch of you guys will say he's given up etc ...... i aint done lol ill be back afta the 6th of november and whenever i have free time

Leo 100

HSC
N/A
i am not religious
but i dont understand why we would be put on this earth and then die
surely there is larger picture
otherwise its a waste of time.

still go see the website i suggested.... its good.

Scissors

HSC
heybashme said:
i didnt know until you told me we couldnt. Thanks for the site ill read it once i finish my hsc. But i really have to go study right now. i know a bunch of you guys will say he's given up etc ...... i aint done lol ill be back afta the 6th of november and whenever i have free time
Hey, is your name Robert?

HNAKXR

HSC
N/A
BackCountrySnow said:
Well it's ignorant to be absolutely sure that there is or isn't a god. It isn't a matter of which side of the fence you are on. Why should someone believe or disbelieve that there is a god when there is no proof either way?

but we lose all consciousness... where do WE go?
My advice to you would be read up on some theology, and see if it clicks.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Leo 100 said:
i am not religious

So do you believe animals go to heaven too?

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
heybashme said:
You can do prenatal genetic screening for Down Syndrome, but it's not 100% proof. You can't test parents to see if the chromosomes will separate properly during fertilisation before getting pregnant.

HNAKXR

HSC
N/A
Leo 100 said:
i am not religious

Aren't the zeitgeist movies just a bunch of conspiracy clap trap meshed with new age philosophy?
( Never watched any of them)

Leo 100

HSC
N/A
HNAKXR said:
Aren't the zeitgeist movies just a bunch of conspiracy clap trap meshed with new age philosophy?
( Never watched any of them)
yeah kinda
pretty funny though.

Katie tully, or whatever it is, are you on crack?

HNAKXR

HSC
N/A
BackCountrySnow said:
:sleep:

thanks but no thanks for that bridge to nowhere.
well then you have three options

*pick a set of lies that you are comfortable with.

* hit your head against a wall till you lose enough brain cells to follow mainstream religion or atheism fervently.

* hit your head against the wall some more and join a new age religion.

Last edited:

Leo 100

HSC
N/A
go for new age
i hear the clebs are really geting a kick out of scientology
and ripping off the poor bastards that join up
fun fun

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Leo 100 said:
yeah kinda
pretty funny though.

Katie tully, or whatever it is, are you on crack?
No, are you?

If there is a larger picture for us, surely there is a larger picture for cats and dogs. Yes?

HNAKXR

HSC
N/A
Scientology is pretty messed up.

katie tully said:
If there is a larger picture for us, surely there is a larger picture for cats and dogs. Yes?
Only if cats and dogs stay awake at night in the midst of an existential crisis.

Last edited:

Leo 100

HSC
N/A
katie tully said:
No, are you?

no i am not.

perhaps but i was talking in general, why did that have to even be raised? i didnt despute the fact, or agree.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Leo 100 said:
no i am not.

perhaps but i was talking in general, why did that have to even be raised? i didnt despute the fact, or agree.
Why couldn't it be raised. It's a valid point.

If you believe there is more to life for humans than just 'existing', and that there must be something else, then does the same apply for animals.

If animals are born to just 'exist' and there is no afterlife for them, why would there be one for us?

I don't know why you're being such a defensive little girl over it, it's a fairly easy question to answer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)