Does God exist? (1 Viewer)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Just.Snaz said:
I see the title of this thread to be somewhat denying the very concept of "God".
I don't know about other "gods" but with the Christian God, I do know that He is beyond existence. We're almost patronising His being if we say He merely 'exists'. God is beyond human definition, beyond human understanding, beyond everything we know. So as to ask 'Does God exist?" would be somewhat undermining.

But disregarding that, belief in God comes by faith, not by evidence. Sorry we can't tell you that scientifically God 'exists' (if you'd like to put it that way) but something everyone should PLEASE acknowledge is that science DOES NOT rule out God. Every time you mention science and what not, great, it probably DID happen. Awesome stuff. But how does that mean God did not let it happen?

btw, personal opinion, I bet a lot of atheists are scared so much of God that they've convinced themselves there is no God because fact of the matter is, it's not easy following someone else's rules. It's not easy being denied 'freedom' to do as you please. It's not easy having someone tell you 'no you can't do what you want to do'. The very concept of God just isn't easy and you can't handle that; you don't want that. So you run away.
That's probably true. But i bet there are some believers that are so scared of God they're extremists who disregard the new covenant and hurt/condemn others, thereby going against what God wants.

I was raised a Catholic since a kid so i pretty much know the ins and outs of it. Hell (ahaha pun) i used to go to some Sunday Church school and i attend a Catholic high school. As a results i have been exposed to the obsene faults of religion and thus my disposition is to hate it.

I'm not sure if you'd call me an aethiest, but i hate the Church and all forms of religion- perhaps it's because they're man made and therefore full of the many faults which i see. I also don't really care if God exists or not; i'm not going to waste this life worshiping some being that may or may not be there and i'm just going to live life to its fullest and be the best person i can. If God wants to punish me even though i chose my own path and tried to the best person i can on my own turns then fine- i wouldn't want to worship such a close minded and attention seeking God in the place.

georgefren

HSC
uh. is that thermodynamics question still around?

i thought the whole big bang theory covered that.

Peteage

HSC
John Oliver said:
Energy lol
Yes but likewise, energy cannot be created nor distroyed; so e=mc^2 (and perhaps applying string theory) is unsubstantiated until you can explain either the creation of matter or energy.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
Peteage said:
Yes but likewise, energy cannot be created nor distroyed; so e=mc^2 (and perhaps applying string theory) is unsubstantiated until you can explain either the creation of matter or energy.
the net energy of the universe is zero, because gravity is (basically) negative energy, which balances out energy & matter in the universe

next

Peteage

HSC
Will Shakespear said:
the net energy of the universe is zero, because gravity is (basically) negative energy, which balances out energy & matter in the universe

next
And, what is that thing that is fundimental for gravity to exist. Ow yea, matter.

Next

georgefren

HSC
Wait ... do people not understand how the big bang theory works?

It's much simpler than a god creation theory.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Darnie said:
well of course, i'd try to get the best deal out of it i could; why wouldnt i? If a God doesn't want me to worship or me to recognise him, then i wouldn't.
Never said my particular 'you will go to Hell God' doesn't want you to worship him, just saying that you'll go to hell. But in actual fact, he exists.

You've just admitted yourself to believing in something that BENEFITS you, rather than believing in something because it is FACT.

As I said, the reasons to be theist within me die out further every day.
That's not solid evidence, but wishful thinking.

Just.Snaz said:
btw, personal opinion, I bet a lot of atheists are scared so much of God that they've convinced themselves there is no God because fact of the matter is, it's not easy following someone else's rules. It's not easy being denied 'freedom' to do as you please. It's not easy having someone tell you 'no you can't do what you want to do'. The very concept of God just isn't easy and you can't handle that; you don't want that. So you run away.
And I bet alot of theists only believe in God to benefit themsleves mentally leading to a whirlpool of delusion in which they believein something so much to fulfill their empty meaningless lives as they are weak and need to find a purpose and so they create an afterlife where their uselessness here is disregarded and their 'true' life starts after death.

ie. theists are scared to accept that life has no purpose.

See, I can generalise too.

nikolas

HSC
Peteage said:
And, what is that thing that is fundimental for gravity to exist. Ow yea, matter.

Next
So its ok to break the law of convservation mass/energy, so long as some magician in the sky is saying the magic words?

Peteage

HSC
nikolas said:
So its ok to break the law of convservation mass/energy, so long as some magician in the sky is saying the magic words?
I am not really sure what you mean. Could you please explain?

HSC
tommykins said:
PS. Rnadom question, if God existed and he said if you believed in him you'd be tortured for eternity whereas non-believers would be praised, would you still believe in him?
If you actually say you don't believe because of that ^^, then it means you believe but are saying you don't believe, to be praised. Whereas if you believe and say you believe you're tortured.

You cannot win.

And if you believe in something, you cannot change it easily because someone tells you. Also since you say this is pretending god existed, then according to that you know its a fact, so why would you deny it? If you saw a house burn to the ground can you say 'oh but, it might have never existed...'? No because you know its a fact.

>.<

HSC
John Oliver said:
He said 'if God existed and he said...', meaning that god does exist, and theres no way around it. So i was trying to give an example of something that can't be denied, or changed or be misinterpreted in any way :)

xsjado

HSC
Schroedinger said:
Science hasn't proved that god doesn't exist yet. Mostly because you don't prove negatives.
yeh moar liek: Mostly because there's no way to disprove god's existence.

HalcyonSky

HSC
Just.Snaz said:
I see the title of this thread to be somewhat denying the very concept of "God".
I don't know about other "gods" but with the Christian God, I do know that He is beyond existence. We're almost patronising His being if we say He merely 'exists'. God is beyond human definition, beyond human understanding, beyond everything we know. So as to ask 'Does God exist?" would be somewhat undermining.

But disregarding that, belief in God comes by faith, not by evidence. Sorry we can't tell you that scientifically God 'exists' (if you'd like to put it that way) but something everyone should PLEASE acknowledge is that science DOES NOT rule out God. Every time you mention science and what not, great, it probably DID happen. Awesome stuff. But how does that mean God did not let it happen?

this thread never fails to deliver

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
xsjado said:
yeh moar liek: Mostly because there's no way to disprove god's existence.
sure there is

all you need to do is find a necessary condition for the existence of god and show that it's always false

for example, the problem of evil disproves the existence of a benevolent, omnipotent god specifically

Last edited:

Just.Snaz

HSC
LOL deeply sorry guys. Should keep my opinions to myself ayy. But I must say, it was nothing less than what I expected.

You raised some good points. I mean, behind the sarcasm and all. But, it's still the way I see it.

Was honoured to bring you guys yet another crazy and nutcase opinion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)