Does God exist? (1 Viewer)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

nikolas

HSC
Just.Snaz said:
But, it's still the way I see it.
How narrow-minded of you.

Isn't the fear of hell greater than fear of "rules"?

Just.Snaz said:
I bet a lot of atheists are scared so much of God that they've convinced themselves there is no God because fact of the matter is, it's not easy following someone else's rules. It's not easy being denied 'freedom' to do as you please. It's not easy having someone tell you 'no you can't do what you want to do'. The very concept of God just isn't easy and you can't handle that; you don't want that. So you run away.
I bet a lot of A-santa-ists dont believe in Santa because they are afraid, so afraid that they have convinced themselves there is no Santa because the fact of the matter is, it's not easy being nice all year, it's not easy resisting the urge to be naughty as you please. It's not easy being told to be "good for goodness sake". The very concept of getting your name on the nice list just isn't easy and you can't handle that; you want to be naughty. So you run away

Last edited:

xsjado

HSC
Will Shakespear said:
sure there is

all you need to do is find a necessary condition for the existence of god and show that it's always false

for example, the problem of evil disproves the existence of a benevolent, omnipotent god specifically
But are there any necessary conditions for the existence of god(s)?

Just.Snaz

HSC
nikolas said:
How narrow-minded of you.

Isn't the fear of hell greater than fear of "rules"?

I bet a lot of A-santa-ists dont believe in Santa because they are afraid, so afraid that they have convinced themselves there is no Santa because the fact of the matter is, it's not easy being nice all year, it's not easy resisting the urge to be naughty as you please. It's not easy being told to be "good for goodness sake". The very concept of getting your name on the nice list just isn't easy and you can't handle that; you want to be naughty. So you run away
You're a hero honestly. I mean, no one can take what I've said and reword it to sound ridiculous. (or more ridiculous, whatever suits you). But yes, even the people before you who did it, didn't do it like you did. You truly are remarkable. Can I have your autograph?

But, how narrow-minded of me? At least I can understand and acknowledge points that people have risen against me. How narrow-minded of you.

nikolas

HSC
Just.Snaz said:
You're a hero honestly. I mean, no one can take what I've said and reword it to sound ridiculous. (or more ridiculous, whatever suits you).
Thanks i guess, and yes that was exactly my intention(regardless if anyone can do it or not). Care to share why the analogy is wrong?

Just.Snaz said:
But yes, even the people before you who did it, didn't do it like you did. You truly are remarkable. Can I have your autograph?
umm...sure?

Just.Snaz said:
But, how narrow-minded of me? At least I can understand and acknowledge points that people have risen against me. How narrow-minded of you.
Yet you continue to hold that silly view on atheists without refutation.

Last edited:

Just.Snaz

HSC
Just because I didn't get convinced doesn't mean I'm narrow-minded. Dude, it's my perspective, my opinion. And no I will not try to convince you that I'm right. I really don't care whether you think my opinion is right or not.

And dude, "silly view"? - am I the only one who can see how narrow-minded you are? Because it's okay for you not to see my perspective (but yet be open-minded??) but it's not okay for me to be convinced by yours? So does this mean that everyone who doesn't hold an opinion like yours is narrow-minded? Wow man.

nikolas

HSC
Just.Snaz said:
Just because I didn't get convinced doesn't mean I'm narrow-minded. Dude, it's my perspective, my opinion. And no I will not try to convince you that I'm right. I really don't care whether you think my opinion is right or not.
It's not that your not convinced, it's that you still hold that belief despite refutation and are refusing to justify your belief.

i.e you don't care that your view isn't reasonable (you have admitted yourself that others have refuted your view) but it's your opinion and you don't care what anyone else has to say about it.

Just.Snaz said:
I really don't care whether you think my opinion is right or not.
If you did not intended to discuss your ideas than why did you feel then need to post them?

And how can you claim to have an open mind if your not open to debate?

Just.Snaz said:
And dude, "silly view"?
Yes Generalizing atheists as cowards is a silly view imo (not to mention insulting), especailly if not justified.

Just.Snaz said:
- am I the only one who can see how narrow-minded you are? Because it's okay for you not to see my perspective (but yet be open-minded??) but it's not okay for me to be convinced by yours?
I don't think you know what an open mind is. An open mind does not mean you just accept any particular view you come across. It means that your are able to consider them. Which clearly you are incapable off, considering your unwillingness to discuss your view.

Consider the situation-

Me: The moon is made of cheese/ black people are dumber than whites/2+2=3
You: That's bs *(insert refutations here)
Me: *(offer no justification of the statement) jesus why can't you just accept this as my perspective, have an open mind.
You: -_-

Tell me, who in this situation, is being narrow minded?

Just.Snaz said:
So does this mean that everyone who doesn't hold an opinion like yours is narrow-minded? Wow man.
No, people who aren't open to debate about their opinions are narrow-minded.

HalcyonSky

HSC
Just.Snaz said:

And dude, "silly view"? - am I the only one who can see how narrow-minded you are? Because it's okay for you not to see my perspective (but yet be open-minded??) but it's not okay for me to be convinced by yours? So does this mean that everyone who doesn't hold an opinion like yours is narrow-minded? Wow man.
Okay sure but when your perspective holds absolutely no grounding in reality and your only rebuttal is that people who dont understand you are "narrow-minded", id keep it to myself so i dont get ripped to shreds by the people in here who actually have a clue about how the world works and who dont delude themselves with some baseless fantasy.

This thread really will never progress. It's like trying to teach a 4 year old calculus.

Christian fucktard: I believe god exists!
Atheist: *logical, scientific argument against it*

Just.Snaz

HSC
HalcyonSky said:
Okay sure but when your perspective holds absolutely no grounding in reality and your only rebuttal is that people who dont understand you are "narrow-minded", id keep it to myself so i dont get ripped to shreds by the people in here who actually have a clue about how the world works and who dont delude themselves with some baseless fantasy.

This thread really will never progress. It's like trying to teach a 4 year old calculus.

Atheist: *logical, scientific argument against it*
I called ONE guy narrow-minded. The rest. yes I respect the fact that you don't understand my perspective. I really do.

btw, science doesn't rule out God. You can't prove God or disprove God because every time you guys bring up a scientific explanation, it still leaves the fact that God COULD have done it to be that way. Do you see what I'm saying? The concept of God can pretty much have no absolute disproof. Nor can it have proof. And yes, this thread will never progress.

HalcyonSky

HSC
Just.Snaz said:
I called ONE guy narrow-minded. The rest. yes I respect the fact that you don't understand my perspective. I really do.

btw, science doesn't rule out God. You can't prove God or disprove God because every time you guys bring up a scientific explanation, it still leaves the fact that God COULD have done it to be that way. Do you see what I'm saying? The concept of God can pretty much have no absolute disproof. Nor can it have proof. And yes, this thread will never progress.
yeah well if the new people took some time to read parts of the thread, people wouldnt keep bringing up garbage arguments like the one u just brought up and the thread wouldnt keep looping around

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
xsjado said:
But are there any necessary conditions for the existence of god(s)?
in general probably not

specific gods, maybe

it's hard to sustain belief in a mythology that says the earth is flat and sits on a giant turtle's back now we've been to space

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
$hiftyIceQueen said:
If you actually say you don't believe because of that ^^, then it means you believe but are saying you don't believe, to be praised. Whereas if you believe and say you believe you're tortured.
I meant as in assume God existed as a fact BUT we are still in our world now.

ie. change every 'Heaven' word in the bible or what not to 'Hell' and vice versa.

Would people still believe in God if God was, in essence, 'evil' ? Or would this evil become thegood?

You cannot win.
And since you can't win you end up not believing? Lol, sounds abit 'im not gonna believe it because it doesnt benefit me'. Irrationality.

And if you believe in something, you cannot change it easily because someone tells you. Also since you say this is pretending god existed, then according to that you know its a fact, so why would you deny it? If you saw a house burn to the ground can you say 'oh but, it might have never existed...'? No because you know its a fact.
>.<
Refer to the above, it says God exists as a fact but there are still non-believers debating like we are now. Except, I'd like to see the shift in numbers of say, God stated (in the bible or something) he'd condemn all believers.

HSC
DO YOU HONESTLY BELIEVE UR GOING 2 GET A CONCLUSIVE ANSWER HERE? OR AT LEAST, SOME WELL-SUPPORTED THEORIES?

The truth of it is- NOBODY KNOWS.

Has the world gone hay-wire? Can't we leave any mystery? Do we have to discover everything about our existence and the purpose of it???

Let's give our creator (whoever or whatever that is..I personally believe in God), some credit in their ability to create a race such as the human race, and leave it at that.

If you want the answers, well, there's a way to get them, and I certainly wouldn't recommend it.

:angel:

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
John Oliver said:
Mysteries are for stupid people. Enjoy being close-minded, I love the wonder and am consistently amazed with everything in the universe, how sickeningly fascist is it to say that I shouldn't be allowed to find out everything about the universe.

Love natural selection.

Okay, the pink text may have been an indication, but you are a class A moron.
lovee yewww

HSC
Actually, I thought this was a forum for honest people. And that's what I'm being. Sure, go and discover all you want, but if you're disappointed, don't have a cry.

And excuse me, how dare you call me a class A moron.

Unless you know my academic history, I don't think you have the authority to comment on my intelligence. I'm not dissing anyone's opinions.

Merely pointing out that the world is getting too self-conscious and our constant urge to find out every little detail is destroying imagination and mystery.

:vcross:

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
G...naturally! said:
Actually, I thought this was a forum for honest people. And that's what I'm being. Sure, go and discover all you want, but if you're disappointed, don't have a cry.

And excuse me, how dare you call me a class A moron.

Unless you know my academic history, I don't think you have the authority to comment on my intelligence. I'm not dissing anyone's opinions.

Merely pointing out that the world is getting too self-conscious and our constant urge to find out every little detail is destroying imagination and mystery.

:vcross:
Lol @ attributing high school knowledge as intelligence.

Fucking lol.

HSC
Oh, and because you're soooooo much older and wiser than me.

Look, love.

If you're offended by my points of view, that's not my problem. Perhaps you should learn to be more open to opposing points of view.

And while you made some interesting observations of God's existence, I just wonder if you've really decided yourself.
:eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)